almost lost faith

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 25, 2011
I feel as if God has left me, and as if there is no God...
I used to believe that God was real and there was a reason for everything that he has done.
Now, I am starting to question that.

Do we only believe in God by what some book tells us?
Does God just sit there and look at us while some suffer from hunger, rape, etc?

I almost completely lost my faith and am about to take the title as agnostic or atheist.

I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS!

I want to build my faith up. I want to know theres a father to help me always.
I just feel like hes never there. I feel like he doesn't exist. Like if he is just like the tooth fairy or santa claus.

Keenen

Apr 20, 2012
l.facebook.com
I will pray continually for you. Don't give up your faith. If you want to hear God..open your heart to him. Open your heart anywhere and he will speak to you. God has a purpose for you to fulfill. Don't give up now. Even if you can not feel him around you...Know that he is near you. Draw near to him and he will draw near unto you. Don't give up on God. I will be praying for you.

St. John 14:6
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Colossians 1:15-17
"Who is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of every creature:
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

Testimonies:

Leanne's Crisis of Faith
After 9/11, Leanne began to have doubts about her faith. Although she had believed in Jesus from a young age, she was suddenly surprised to find herself telling a nurse that she was an atheist. Then a record setting snow storm placed Leanne in serious need of help, and God got her attention with a series of divine "coincidences."

Melinda's One Final Chance
Melinda found herself trapped in a horrible situation. Feeling angry at God because of the turmoil in her life, she made an outrageous, but very specific demand. Melinda gave God one final chance to prove that he existed, that he heard her prayers, and that he would answer. She was stunned and changed forever by God's remarkable response.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Justin, you do not sound like one who is loosing faith, bt one who is discovering compleat faith.
Keep believing, for all you need is a mustard seed to move mountians!
You are and will continue in my prayers in Jesus.

God bless
pickles

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
Bro, Jesus said ask and it shall be given unto you, seek and you will find. God will never leave you or forsake you. I was reading Psalm 44 this morning and it was about the same thing, you may feel as if everything is unreal, but keep reaching out and He will hold you up. God bless

A

Avidan

Heavenly Father,

I lift Justin up to You Lord. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Listen to the 6/1/12 report: The Hal Lindsey Report

Much love to you in Christ, man of God.

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
I'm sorry you're going through a rough time, Justin, but God will see you through it.

If you feel that you lack faith, then ask Jesus to give you more, like the man in the bible who told Him "Lord, I believe! Help thou my unbelief!" And Jesus granted him the faith he needed.

And, like Keenen said, draw near to Him, and He will draw near to you. I've often found that when I wasn't feeling God's love very strongly, it was because I wasn't showing Him enough of MY love ;) (that may not be the case with you, but it's something to think about :)).

I hope this helps, I'll pray for you, Bro. :). Love, -Nichole

X

xino

@JustinefoundChrist

why are you losing faith? because he hasn't answered your prayers? or evil is inflicting you and spreading hate words in your mind, thus making you question God's work?

The reason why God has left you (Not yet but watching you) is because you have no Holy Spirit and no Kingdom of God.

*Holy Spirit- reveals truth about what we need to know and also guides us
*Kingdom of God- reveals truthfulness, connection and fruitfulness with God

God is the creator, Jesus Christ is Son of God however they are one and same as Jesus pointed out MANY times in Matthew and John.

Jesus talks about our eyes are our lamp of our body in Luke 11:33.
You must have seen so many bad things you should not have been watching, thus making your lamp unhealthy and making your body full of darkness.
That is why you are questioning God.

FACT the devil owns this world, it is his playground.
He would do all in his might to cancel Jesus name from the world, much like what Xerxes was trying to do with Spartan in 300 movie.
Everything you watch on tv has no connection or talk about God of Jesus. It is ALWAYS about evil, demon and satan! When was the time time you watched a movie at the movies about religion/God/Jesus? all the movies these days are all about evil!
Ok...there was Legion...a movie with so much evil doctrine and evil messages.

All these worldy things leaves an impact on us causing us to change view on God.
Any bad thing that happens to us...people ALWAYS blame God....why can't they blame Satan!?

You have so much people who write books about God is not real, people who constantly denounce that God isn't real as doctrine, messages, youtube etc.

People don't believe in God, you give them proof of miracles, they won't believe it and say it can be scientific proven or it's a lie. In the end they never believed in the first place! Jesus used a clear example of this as the Parable of Mustard Seed.

If you want to follow Jesus, you have to give up all worldly stuff as he said in Luke.
Only a real Christian who is in connection with Jesus can understand this quote:
"Lovers of the World are enemies of God".

Are we all retarded!? why would someone who talks about his/her testimony of how Jesus saved them be a lie!? what are we trying to prove? In the end not such testimonies are shown in media. All hidden, and spread away from surface.
why would someone who experience the Afterlife and reveals it to people be a lie!?

Jesus- i am the truth, the way, and the light
the truth shall set you free.

Please pray hard to Jesus Christ so he should reveal you the truth, he should send you his Holy Spirit to touch you.

B

Brighthouse

Brother Justin,Could anyone compare themselves to you? HOW?? If they really do not get to know you!For the young people today,it is much harder then it ever was for me!Many older people say just the opposite.LOL Well when I was a kid!! Yea But when I was a kid,there were no kids bombing there own school,the shape of that which we look at everyday is,and was NEVER!!! this bad!

Most kids growing up are lied to a lot by there own parents."OH better get to bed or santa claus will not visit our house"." Make sure that tooth that was pulled out by your father or mother is put under your pillow so the tooth fairy leaves something for you." easter bunny and so on! THEN!!! After you find out about all the lies the parents have already told you,they say,Jesus is love and to believe in him.right!!!

Sound like where you are at bro?? Amen Understand fully!!If this was not enough for you,pressure in school from your fellow classmates sure do not make it easier either!Gossiping,running down others all the time,being a christian just ain't cool! You want to have fun! Nature to a young man such as yourself,does you no favors either! Hormones kicking in for fleshly pleasure.The mind goes to earthy desires and pleasure as well.And now!! You want someone here to convince you Jesus is real!

That Jesus is not just a thought, but is real!The problem for you though is,who can you trust?who???Yes my young brother I have sure been where you are now! After being so miserable for so long without Jesus,I roomed with someone who in College then did not talk Jesus,he lived Jesus! I did everything you can think of, to get him off his what I thought was a game!

But this guy prayed like 5 hours a day,read the bible for another 5,and still had time to do his College homework!And receive a 4.0 when he was done! I learned, as you will Jesus is indeed most real! We do not measure our faith upon what others say,but rather on what happens to us in our own life! Be it good,or bad.To know you brother Justin I would have to spend a great deal of time with you! And you me!

We cannot be friends unless we both put in a great deal of hard work,to have such a good friendship!When you enjoy anothers company, you do not look at it as hard work!!You are happy when you are around the person you care for,be it a guy,or gal.Since you are young, but mature in many ways as well,I will not blow smoke behind you! I will tell you like it is,and you can then decide what is best for you!

Life is not usually fun,it sure is no game!It is hard!It takes no prisoners,it pounds out the weak in both mind,and body.It is my brother for now anyway,the devils playground.( 2 Cor 4:4) Did I show a scripture here?? Why yes I did bro!I want you to see for yourself,and not take my Word for anything! The enemy is sure real,and it does not take you any time at all in this world to see what he does through people on a daily basics. Pain, suffering, thinking only of self,never being content,always wanting more,believing one deserves more as well!!SELF!!!

He is a thief.( John 10:10) he is the very father of all lies!( john 8:44) he does this my brother,because that is his very nature!A nature that is far to easy,to have as well!Faith stems from what the mind can conceive. But what we put in our mind,answers what we believe we can do.A high wall is before you,you believe you can jump over,your friend says no you cannot jump,so what do you do?If you are like I was,I jumped it,just to prove him wrong!

And if I failed at it,it was only because I just was not ready to jump it yet.I was just having a bad day!! LoL What you believe either does one of two things for you,it creates,or it destroys.Like our tongue.We speak death,or life from it!( proverbs 18:21) The point!!!

There is nothing I can say to change your mind,if you have decided on it already! I would just say this to you bro!Jesus is real!Jesus does Love you!Feeling are just that! They have a purpose,but not in believing the Lord!Ask Moses! he talked big!! saying The Lord will fight for you, stand still! YEA!! SO!!!! Words!!( exodus 14:13-14) Now Moses is waiting!! God then said to Moses!!WHY!!!! are you crying out to me!!DO something!!!!( exodus 14:15) Go forward!!For brother by acting on ones faith is when we truly find out we have the faith we proclaim!

Abraham was called a friend to God, not because of what Abraham said!!! But because of what he did!!!( james 2:19-26) Many speak about Jesus,and tell us how we should live,I say this!( james 1:22) Be ye a doer then talk!Because then and only then my brother, will our words have the very power to change anothers live for our Lord Jesus!

The disciples wished to follow,until it came to dieing to self,and living totaly for him!! ( matt 26:56) They fled! Today my brother we could flee,but where? Where can we go where the Lord is not at?Many do not see Jesus,because they are not looking for Jesus!I hope through his Holy Spirit you are seeing him even now in these words.I am far from perfect!I make many mistakes daily.But never in love!

Because like you my brother,I am always in need of this love! Jesus is real!( matt 7:7) ask,seek,knock! these 3 realms is where Jesus is in us! Many ask,few really seek,and even fewer knock until the door is opened unto them!Jesus is at the very door of your heart!( rev 3:19-22) You hear the knock,but only you my good brother can open it!Will you?

This only you can decide,I can tell you what is on the other side though! A heavy cross of love! One that our Jesus bore for us,so that we could follow in his very steps one for another! To build another, rather then tear down,to give hope,when so many seem to be in despair,to give grace, when so many wish to judge,and to love,because loves covers sin!( 1 Peter 4:8) because we can now love!!Because Jesus shed his blood so he could call us his friends!!( john 15:11-17!!!) My prayers are with you bro! Let your hope rest in Jesus!( rom 15:13) For in that hope you will never be disappointed!! I KNOW!! Because Jesus lives in me!!Praise his wonderful name!! amen!

S

shekaniah

You have been given good advice and encouragement.
I pray God gives you...wisdom, understanding, insight, faith and grace.
In Jesus Name, Amen

B

bobo

God is real he is always with you i too have felt like you at the begining but i asked god to give me a sign that he was there and he did he opend my eyes and remember if things are hard or have been hard and you have scrambled through remember this the lord will be sending you big blessings so please keep the faith and ask for a sign god bless you
amen xxx