Am I saved?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Salvation with Faith alone is impossible.Do not believe in it.Early Church teaching never was in Faith alone.Take any book of Early Church Fathers and read,u wont find it.2000 years of experience of Church confirms that Faith and work brings Salvation.
I don't know who started this teaching about Faith alone,but how ever,that wasnt practice of Early Church,nor it is today in Holy Orthodox Church.
So I agree with the works issue but I do not at the same time let me explain. True Faith produces works works of God not the people Abraham first believed God and thus did what God said to him so did Noah, King David, Isaac, Jacob, and Saul who became Paul James the brother of Jesus, and Peter, and John the list goes on and on. Where anyone of these Saints perfect?not ever of themselves (flesh) did any of these works for God to gain Faith in God? NO!!!!!! They had faith heard and moved in God Works is a by-product of faith in God

A

Ariel82

Not only him in fear, but it's my speculation the burden he puts on his family must be enormous... I can't get through to him, maybe Abiding can...Someone needs to give the whole bible, just not his proof texts written by John.

One thing is certain, He needs our prayer!
I'm not worried about it. i heard his wife is a wonderful lady...

1 Corinthians 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.

Sometimes all you do is pray and leave it in God's hands.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I agree for the most part...God takes away your sin in how God sees you positionally, even if sin remains in your flesh God sees Christ, positionally you are saved...Then comes the process of transformation, inward sanctification... Cobus denies this...Read all his posts.
This last post he wrote does not say what the past might have said, but this does not matter waht matters is I see he has come to Christ and sees the light from the last two posts Go Cobus for God ahs begun the good work in you

A

Ariel82

Am I Saved?
I recently read on the forum, that one person asked, how can he be sure he is saved. The Bible has the answer, so let us see what the Bible teaches.
The first verse we should take into consideration is: For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. This verse tells me, even after my heart stopped condemning me, God will still work on me, to make me free! Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. After our hearts condemn us not, we have confidence toward God. ......

I Love You Jesus, with all I got,
sorry I am not IN YOU YET! I know my salvation is in YOUR hands, AMEN!

Cobus.
"sorry I am not in you yet"? a very concerning statement....

however you don't seem to know the difference between conviction and condemnation.

God convicts, He does not condemn His children. He corrects and teaches not as a punishment but to help them grow.

Satan condemns and causes people to think their hearts are unpure and unworthy.

God tells people to repent and learn from their mistakes and seek towards His upward calling.

Satan tells people they aren't ready yet and need to take a few more baths in order to keep them from walking upward and then he trips them or pushes them into a muddy hole of lies and condemnation.

the statement that "God is greater than our hearts" means that God is greater than Satan who is seeking to condemn us.

Nov 22, 2012
nice explanation and interpretation:

For me,this isn't something what can explain what we speaking here.We do not speaking of work in this sense,but what gives us benefits for ethernal life.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
To get to this biblical conclusion one must be taught and understand the law of God correctly. It will never work with a shallow, external or moralistic view of the law. The law must be taught in all its sharpness and fulness so that the flesh, the self, really will be killed and the gospel of peace break through. Then (and only then) an accurate and non-hypocrital understanding of what repentance and holy living means will begin to grow in the believer. The right groundwork is needed to that end.
a-a-a-and there we have it.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
never said anyone is judging, just that some are acting less Christlike, i wasn't pointing my finger at anyone, if one feels convicted, it may be the Holy Spirit convicting them. As for selling all that i have leaving family and friends to go out and preach, i have done that, and the Father keeps bringing me back, and giving it back. Not sure when i will be led on my next pilgramage, but i'm sure it will happen. No extra coat, no coin,no scrip, no bread. A lot of people will say, oh thats works, i say no it's not it's doing what the father leads me to do. As for going to a certain persons house, if the Lord leads me thats where i go.
well I hope you don't desert your family

A

Abiding

Originally Posted by Bookends

Not only him in fear, but it's my speculation the burden he puts on his family must be enormous... I can't get through to him, maybe Abiding can...Someone needs to give the whole bible, just not his proof texts written by John.

One thing is certain, He needs our prayer!

Ariel
I'm not worried about it. i heard his wife is a wonderful lady...

1 Corinthians 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.

Sometimes all you do is pray and leave it in God's hands.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
````````````````

Na, not me. He knows the word. I say if he wants attention. Let him get his attention.

H

heirofChrist

its crazy to see how many misconeptions about God people has. salvation comes from Grace through faith alone! that will produce works. Cant you see that we fell short of Gods glory? Don't you know our deeds are just as good as a filthy rag, and that it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God outside of faith? A Christian only boast in God and is made strong in our weakness. Ok I "believe" in Christ and now im going to never sin again. that is heresy! Dont you know that the heart does not even know all of it's sin? Or that if we say we have no sin we make Him a liar and the truth is not in us?

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
its crazy to see how many misconeptions about God people has. salvation comes from Grace through faith alone! that will produce works. Cant you see that we fell short of Gods glory? Don't you know our deeds are just as good as a filthy rag, and that it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God outside of faith? A Christian only boast in God and is made strong in our weakness. Ok I "believe" in Christ and now im going to never sin again. that is heresy! Dont you know that the heart does not even know all of it's sin? Or that if we say we have no sin we make Him a liar and the truth is not in us?
This is what all christians should know. Most of these "perfectionist" people on this board sin grossly while posting. And some of them harden themselves against being convicted of it.

Feb 17, 2010
Wow! It took me some time to catch up. But let me put you all out of your worries. Do not worry about me! I know Who is working on me. Like Abiding says, I know the Bible, only because God wants me to know His Truth! And it is true I have the most amazing family, MOST AMAZING. Also because God is GOOD and gave me the best family any person can pray for. Every person that knows my family sing praises to God that there can be such a family on earth!

We read the Bible, and we LIVE the Bible, it is only when we allow outsides in that the trouble start. My house is a holy place. God is the head, and we are the children. I can also walk around and ut in my status... "Christian since ...bla bla bla."
But what is the use? What is the use of you stating in your staus you are Christian (Christ-like) but when the mouth opens all but "Christ-like_ comes out.

Did God not say that HIS Spirit will witness WITH your spirit that you are a child of God? Why is His spirit so ABSENT in the witnessing when you talk, and do? How would God's Spirit witness? Do you even KNOW? How will God's Spirit witness that HE agrees with your statement... "I am Christian, I am a child of God!"

VERY few people, VERY FEW people I know can utter those words, and PROOF that they are Christ-like! Fortunately God allowed me to see some of them. Also less that the fingers I got, but I thank God I saw Christ-like people. Are they perfect? I cannot say, but did I EVER see or hear them sin? NO!! They are indeed found BLAMELESS. Do I know sin? Yep, I am one of the worst there was. I doubt if we sit down and drag out all the dirt that any of you will shape up to my dirt. So do not try to convince me of my sin, God does a GREAT job in that.

When God rolled out the scroll with my sin, it was bigger than the talmut in old Jew-country. But when he rolled it up again, THERE was NO SIN ON IT! NONE! Clean as a new silk sheet! That is what Jesus did. But what can God still do? Keep the sheet clean? Can God keep that sheet cklean? If He cannot, then He failed. Not me HIM! God's salvation is not a process that carries on indefenately. The process ENDS with GLORIFICATION, RIGHT HERE ON EARTH!

Any glorified person that sins, is GOD HIMSELF SINNING! and we all know HE CANNOT sin. It is US that sin not HIM. And as long as you sin, YOU ARE NOT SAVED. This thing that God can look at some sinners and they are sinners, destined for hell, and other einners and He sees Jesus, is a teaching of Satan. All God's Children does not look like Jesus, THEY ARE LIKE JESUS! Why? Because JESUS IS GLORIFIED IN THEM! John 17. The SAME glorification Jesus had is in EVERY Child of God.

This is the thing.... If I die spiritually 100%, DEAD DEAD DEAD.... and God makes me alive with HIS SPIRIT, who am I then? Cobus died.... Jesus was born again! Cobus is not born of Cobus, The old Cobus is DEAD, get this in your head....DEAD! Show me one dead man that can sin, just one! And if the Spirit of God QUICKENETH my flesh with the BORN OF GOD, Spirit, who am I? Cobus? You think after ALL Cobus and God went through to get the OLD COBUS to die, God is going to wake up (make alive) the sinning Cobus again? That will be foolish. Or is this the Truth..... Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
I come with little parts of the Bible, so you would not get lost in the depth of the Word, so just take this one little verse.... If ALL things are new, and OLD HAS DIED! Do you think there will be 1% old left? NOPE... NONE!

So as long as there is ANY OLD LEFT, you are NOT IN CHRIST! Get that, Please!

MAy the Lord at least touch ONE person with the Truth today. Amen!