an open letter

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 28, 2012
I know there are many of you here searching for a mate or a lover or cyber sex but there are many others, myself included , who come to Christian Chat, not looking for any kind of personal relationship, but to learn, to have fellowship and to help others when possible.

I am not interested in PM with you. Whatever I have to say can be said on the chat. I wont say anything in PM that isn’t open to public scrutiny, so don’t waste your time and mine.

I don’t want to know about your sexual fantasies. Save that for bedtime stories with your mate.

I don’t want to know about sexual problems you are having. Spare me the dubious privilege of that
information since it is not only inappropriate but likely too boring for words.

If your reason for coming to this site is just to find sex, you wont find it with me, so, please, don’t bother. I have NO interest. If you knew how desperate and ignorant this type of behavior makes
you appear, you would cease doing it. Well….maybe not.

So, please, show some respect., if not for yourself, then for others, who come here for Christian Unity, fellowship and honest friendships.

W

wwjd_kilden

*shudders* if anyone has asked you for cyber sex I hope you reported them, I assure you the moderators here will not tolerate it.

U

Ugly

Sad to say, but you're wasting your time. Likely the guys doing this aren't going to be deterred by this. Most will never even bother reading it. Even posting PM messages about these things doesn't stop them. I have a married friend on here, who posted she was married, and not looking to flirt, etc... That still didn't stop these guys.

Despite the rules there are always people who are coming on here, asking for money, soliciting their band, website, ministry, or even flooding links to their own posts. All we can do is, as kilden said, report, report, report.

May 28, 2012
I shouldnt have even posted it. i was hurt and angry at the time.
I do PM with a few people but I hate it when someone acts nice the first few times I talk to them then
that person turns into HYDE and the real JERK comes out. They try to trick a woman into listening to
them. Usually I just say a few harsh words in PM or even on the chat and leave the room. It shocks and
saddens me as silly as that may seem. JC never meant for people to behave like that to each other.

U

Ugly

No '''JC''' never meant for that, but people do an thats why He came.

F

frankleespeaking

I guess they see your age and pick you out as a possible mark for solicitation, ever thought about changing your profile stats, trust me nobody has ever solicitated a 65 yr old man here, maybe include a three stooges profile pic just for laughs

T

twosparrows

I'm a lil' bummed that such as that is here too. It's easy to find something inappropriate(sp?) It's not to easy to find something clean and safe.

U

Ugly

I guess they see your age and pick you out as a possible mark for solicitation, ever thought about changing your profile stats, trust me nobody has ever solicitated a 65 yr old man here, maybe include a three stooges profile pic just for laughs
Actually its against the rules to falsify your stats.

And even 65 year old men will get PM's from some places looking for money, donations, soliciting websites, etc.