An oxymoron

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
If you knew your children were walking toward destruction would you be angry if they did not listen to your plea to change direction?

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Love doesnt rejoice in iniquity either, but here are a few oxymorons accepted in the false church today:

A saved sinner
Jesus is our example and our substitute at the same time
I am the Romans wretch and chief of sinners
Jesus took my place on the cross as well as my wrath
I am a free will sinner
Carnal Christian
A repentant sinner who continues in his or her vile sins
Saved In sin
Christian tattoo artists
Christian Homosexual and lesbian
I could go on, I know many will not like what I post here, but the truth wil come to light on judgement day, dont hate the messenger, dig deep and come to true repentance and faith proven by deeds!
Tommy at the cross how many sins did Christ die for? Now this was over two thousand years ago before you or I were ever born right? How many from God's vantage point sins are left for you and orthe whole world?
[h=3]John 1:29[SUP][ John Testifies About Jesus ] The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
[/SUP]

Romans 5:10For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!
Romans 8:31[ More Than Conquerors ] What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

2 Corinthians 5:18All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: (Forgiven)
2 Corinthians 5:20We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.
(Again receive you are forgiven already) by this you and all that believe are from God ready by bel;oief to recieve new life a life of LOVE as in first cor. 13
Colossians 1:22But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—
Tommy it is by faith in the finished work from God at the cross to present you Holy not by anyone's doing except Chris at the cross and Christ alone back over two thousand years ago. It is up to us to walk in this by Faith and be as he has called us to be and us taking no credit for it at all, God gets all the glory

[/h]

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I think it depends on where your heart is. Why are you angry? If it's because someone is spouting blasphemy against God, or if someone is knowingly leading one of God's people to sin or to lead them away from Christ, then yes we should get angry, but if your angry over someone else's opinion, then you just need to let it roll off your shoulder
With all due consideration to and for each other sifting all things through our hearts and come into communication with one another ahving compassion on each other

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Exodus 4:14And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart.

Holy anger.
And Jesus angered at the disciples how long shall I be with you oh ye of little Faith do you not see

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
God has anger, wrath and hatred. Some of it is directed against persons and people.

Those who don't believe or accept this do not believe in the one true God, presented in the Bible.
No matter what God does or has done or how it may look it is all HOLY period, for he knew no sin knows no sin, and Christ took even this out of the way of God the Father by the death he paid the price once and for ALL of us the people in order to have a relationship with God the Father of Christ through belief that it is done finished, we by Christ are now presented Holy unto Father and our reaction is thank you forever. Entering his courts with thanksgiving and praise, King David whosaw this afar off and wrote it down knowing that his redeemer lives and would show up in due time and Christ did do just that WOW!!!!!!

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I love my children and i get angry when they do things i have asked, told and pleaded with them not to do.

Why?

Because at this time i know best for them and want to keep them safe and well.
And so that is why Christ did what Christ did at the cross today being in him by Faith knowing that what you just said is what he did to keep you, me and those that believe Safe and secure trusting God in all things that happen good or bad.so let us seek to learn from allthings and count everything as joy to the learniing of who we are in Christ, more than conquerers WOW!!!

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Then there are some people who take their anger and frustration out on their children who have not done anything to deserve such treatment.

different types of anger.
That is why we are to go to the one that shows us the differance and we learn. Therefore if we do this type of anger or have done this type of anger then what is right is in order to do this
Ready I went back to my Child and told her I am sorry for getting overly mad at what she did and I am not there apologizing for her wrong behavior I am here apologizing for mine. She looks at me funny with a what? I did not respond to you over this happening as if I knew Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. The Relationship restored and can come to me with anything without fear of being punished and willing to accept punishment if needed this is grace and Mercy at the finest from God given unto all that believe. We can go to God with anything so since we know thiswhy can't we go to our allow our children to come to us with anything. And we do not they will find a stranger that will listen and lead them astray, sound familiar to any of us that have already been there and done that

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
If you knew your children were walking toward destruction would you be angry if they did not listen to your plea to change direction?
And sin takes ocassion by the commandments that we put on our kids, rebellion is in and of the flesh, and at the same times we as they grow can't spare the rod and spoil the child. So each of us need discernment forrighteous anger and waht it is and when to have it or not. Now tha towuld come from our teacher God the Father through th eHoly Ghost installed in us on theday of belief, that we all are learning to listen to and if we do we will make the right descisions. sift all through your heart where the hidden man resides and we will know the truth the truth that sets each of us free in the spirit of God

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Yes but what todo and how to react is the key

M

MissCris

...I get pretty angry every time I have to go to the DMV.

I think that's a whole different category- "DMV anger".

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
...I get pretty angry every time I have to go to the DMV.

I think that's a whole different category- "DMV anger".

Thatderives from getting and being in a hurry anxious, instead of patience

Sep 12, 2012
An angry Christian is an oxymoron. Think about it. We are to love one another. Love. Love always thinks the best.
1 Corinthians 13:4,5 - Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. (5) it is not rude, self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Remember this song, They will know we are Christians by our love, by our love, yes they'll know we are Christians by our love.

We can disagree with each other but we can disagree in love not in anger. Just thought I would remind us all of this. Because I love you all and I love God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

May you all have a blessed day blessing others.

There is such a thing as righteous anger. If we are angry over women and children being sold into sex slavery, that is a Godly reason to be angry.

We should not hold grudges against people and should be slow to anger and quick to forgive under normal circumstances.

Also, it is easier to forgive someone who sins against you than it is to forgive someone who sins against someone you love and care about, such as your children. Think about it.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Has Anger ever solved anything? yes get agry but do not sin hmmmm!!!!. Getting angry over what you said yes and all kinds of other things going on in the world today, jjust watch the news if you want to be in a bad mood. Again getting angry over this or that what has that always led to? So what good does getting angry do unless one understands the control amd Humanflesh cannot control it, and if it could which mant claim they do and we have had tragedies such as 911 because of anger that escalated. Again anger is out of line with the harmony of God and is a Human Emotion that gets out of control when one continues to manifest on it.