And the earth was without form, and void;

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Rasputin_OZ

First what plants do you think produce the most oxygen on earth?
perhaps rather than testing someone , if you know the answer give it .

That way if he replies in error you dotn need to point out his error, exposing his nakedness to all.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
that's the beauty of the bible, you can interoperate what you wish,
i wouldn't say that, either. there is a 'right' interpretation. not that i would even say i've ever fully comprehended, but i know there is A Truth. 'wrong' interpretations exist.
scripture does have layer after layer of meaning, though; every simple thing in it is speaking of infinite complexity, because it is speaking of God - like a fractal image, the more you zoom in, the more detail there is, without end. so it has infinite application - and you will find understanding and knowledge in it can always increase.

that's similar to '
you can interpret what you wish' in scope, but i think, 'what you wish' is not the right way to say that. it's inaccurate. it's what God - infinite God - wishes, is the interpretation of His words.

to the faithful You show Yourself faithful,
to the blameless You show Yourself blameless,
to the pure You show Yourself pure,
but to the devious You show Yourself shrewd
(Psalm 18:25-26)

K

KnowMe

perhaps rather than testing someone , if you know the answer give it .

That way if he replies in error you dotn need to point out his error, exposing his nakedness to all.
Aww you didn’t like what I said.

K

KnowMe

i wouldn't say that, either. there is a 'right' interpretation. not that i would even say i've ever fully comprehended, but i know there is A Truth. 'wrong' interpretations exist.
scripture does have layer after layer of meaning, though; every simple thing in it is speaking of infinite complexity, because it is speaking of God - like a fractal image, the more you zoom in, the more detail there is, without end. so it has infinite application - and you will find understanding and knowledge in it can always increase.

that's similar to 'you can interpret what you wish' in scope, but i think, 'what you wish' is not the right way to say that. it's inaccurate. it's what God - infinite God - wishes, is the interpretation of His words.

I agree, things written in such a way, that ancient people could comprehend, modern people could comprehend and future people can comprehend.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Here is a question for you science minded people. We all know that the sun at sunrise and sunset doesn’t change colour. It appears red because the through instead of above the atmosphere (longer distance) it causes resistance of the electromagnetic waves limiting the amount getting through so the red are visible not the white. Now, if there is no atmosphere in space, and nothing to resist the electromagnetic waves at all, would they remain above ultra violet and undetectable to the visual spectrum? The reason I ask is that might explain why until the plants generated enough O2 in the atmosphere the stars and sun were undetectable even though light (energy waves) existed prior.
the sun emits radiation at a lot of different wavelengths. not just really high or low frequencies. so even though the part of its spectrum that's visible light isn't getting shifted / diffracted through atmosphere, it's still visible light.
which, '
visible light' is just a name for the set of wavelengths the average human eye can detect.

solar radiance-07.jpg

_____________________;)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
the sun emits radiation at a lot of different wavelengths. not just really high or low frequencies. so even though the part of its spectrum that's visible light isn't getting shifted / diffracted through atmosphere, it's still visible light.
which, '
visible light' is just a name for the set of wavelengths the average human eye can detect.

View attachment 197026

_____________________;)

@Hungry

this plot shows the difference between the solar spectrum inside and outside earth's atmosphere - you can see, its intensity is lower, because it's passing through density, and its peak is broadened a little & '
red-shifted' to longer wavelengths.

pci0116-Chro-F1-900.jpg

K

KnowMe

sunlight and oxygen is not needed for life in some cases.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The reason I ask is that might explain why until the plants generated enough O2 in the atmosphere the stars and sun were undetectable even though light (energy waves) existed prior.
some cyanobacteria - like algae that grows at the bottom of the ocean - photosynthesize infra-red light, instead of visible light. this article mentions that algae can even switch between different wavelengths of light, depending on what it grows in.

plants exist that don't need visible light. the mechanism to use such light energy exists in some plants even though they don't use it...

interesting, right?

K

KnowMe

ahahah you are finding videos at the same time i am looking up science journal articles :ROFL::love:
I liked the photo of the solar radiation curve, visual light is such a tiny portion of the full scale of light.

Apr 4, 2019
England
If you are going to write a book according to your interpretation who is your audience? There’s not enough science for acedemics and not enough scripture for the zealots. Pick an audience and write to them. As far as the content goes, I disagree. I don’t believe that the earth was created all lush and teeming with life in six days, but neither is there any proof for evolution. Evolution is based on adaptation and happenstance, completely contrary to God. The Bible states, in the beginning was the Word. The “Word” is translated from “logos” where we get the word logic from. It means structure, order and purpose....not happenstance. It’s like DNA for humans. God may or may not have created the earth in a week, I don’t know, but it was definitely a predetermined finished product.
Currently it’s more of a working progress as I explore more into Christianity, so I don’t really have an audience. I’m no professional by any means just a 23 year old mum accsepting the lord into my heart and home. But I do like to write and writing my journey through the bible makes it somewhat easier for me to relate to. Currently my only audience would be my daughter, if she ever chooses to follow the bible I want her to have a little book of my process and the things I’ve had to face (especially the nay sayers as there are many). I believe some senses of evolution but by all means not all, I guess for me I mean the creation of the world, the trees growing, people gaining knowledge. Having faith kinda is knowledge to me, having the knowledge that I’m not alone, that we are all loved.

Apr 4, 2019
England

that's similar to 'you can interpret what you wish' in scope, but i think, 'what you wish' is not the right way to say that. it's inaccurate. it's what God - infinite God - wishes, is the interpretation of His words.

Sorry I’m not amazing with my wording I guess. I’m by no means trying to say we can change the bible or bend it to our thoughts or will. But more that you don’t need to recit the entire bible, but you can pick at different sections that do relate to current situations in your life. Also that one person can read those exact same words as you and it can have a very different meaning to them. It can feel at time that the bible speaks to me and my specific life situations and past but I can almost be certain that we all love very different lives so we would all there fore feel different about different sections. Again sorry I’m not great with words, it’s a huge working progress, nothing super serious just for my daughter but I just need to get my wording correct so it’s more understandable. Thank you for your comment.

Nov 26, 2012
@Hungry

this plot shows the difference between the solar spectrum inside and outside earth's atmosphere - you can see, its intensity is lower, because it's passing through density, and its peak is broadened a little & 'red-shifted' to longer wavelengths.

So...is this graph concluding that the sun is not visible outside of the

View attachment 197027
Currently it’s more of a working progress as I explore more into Christianity, so I don’t really have an audience. I’m no professional by any means just a 23 year old mum accsepting the lord into my heart and home. But I do like to write and writing my journey through the bible makes it somewhat easier for me to relate to. Currently my only audience would be my daughter, if she ever chooses to follow the bible I want her to have a little book of my process and the things I’ve had to face (especially the nay sayers as there are many). I believe some senses of evolution but by all means not all, I guess for me I mean the creation of the world, the trees growing, people gaining knowledge. Having faith kinda is knowledge to me, having the knowledge that I’m not alone, that we are all loved.
If you want to understand creation look at your baby. From conception all of the information and potentials are locked in. It just has to run its course. Although there will be evolutions if you want to call them that along the way like maybe how viruses and illnesses effect us, but the body is being built from a predetermined blueprint in the DNA. Everything from how the endocrine system functions and how we process information in dreams. Nature is God’s endocrine system for the planet. Everything is balance inside and outside of the body. This is the Logos! All is designed.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
MY thoughts on the first verses...

A big gap between
Genesis 1:1 (KJV)
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

and

Genesis 1:2 (KJV)
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

But just my thoughts
Those are deep thoughts.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You are right in that the bible is holy reliable. I wish you well in this endeavor. Glad to have you onboard with us. Welcome to CC.

R

Rasputin_OZ

Those are deep thoughts.
Yes , I am never going to try and convince others lol..

But it makes more sense to me, and that doesn't make it right either.

But I think the Fall of Lucifer happened after Verse 1 and before Verse 2.

Lucifer left this world a desolate and ruined place

Apr 4, 2019
England
Hi ToBelieveToTrust, I see that you're pretty new around here, so first off, welcome to CChat :)

I must say that I've never heard the phrase, "God is evolution" before. On one hand your beliefs seem similar to those of a Deist, but on the other (if I am understanding what you are saying correctly), not so much, because a Deist would be opposed to God having any direct/continuing* involvement with His creation once He'd set the universe in motion, so to speak (such as being the One who shaped the mountains and carved the deep rivers*). Or do you mean instead that God "created evolution" when He created the universe and then walked away to let all things take their natural course? (which would be a Deist belief)

I have some questions for you if you don't mind.

1. Why do you believe that God decided to, "take a long time to make His world perfect"? Was He perhaps incapable of bringing a finished creation into existence?​
2. Assuming that God is evolution, or that He created evolution to bring the universe into existence over billions of years (instead of creating it in the manner described in Genesis 1-3), then why the subterfuge? What was God's purpose in telling us a "fairy tale" instead of telling us the truth? What was His purpose in doing so do you think, and how was telling us a false story about our origins beneficial, either to us and/or to Him?​
3. Do you believe that God eventually brought the human race, as we know it today, into existence via evolution (instead of through the creation of our Biblical progenitors, Adam and Eve)?​

Thanks!

~Deut
Hi Deuteronomy, thank you so much for the welcome, greatly appreciated.

To answer your questions, the first one being about why i believe he took a long time to make his world perfect. If you really honestly love something then you first nurture it and you take your time to enjoy it and savoir the moments. God was more than capable but i just cant see him rushing around rushing his beautiful creations. At the same time i dont think it was ever a finished creation, i think he still alters and changed his world and has great influence on its happenings.

Second question - I guess in the terms of evolution its more along the lines of humans going from horse pulled carriage to cars, to thinking flying was impossible to flying in a plane around the world. Man has come a long way, we have even found ways to cure diseases once incurable. God first created man and then he helped us evolve and thrive through the years, giving us strength and new ideas and way to survive no matter what. It like a parent with the child, we cant force ideas onto them but we can prod them in the right direction and hope they find there way but also were always there to support them when they do mess up, as long as they didnt mean harm. (i dont believe god would just help everyone in the terms of evil people i cant see him really assisting them).

Third question - Well i guess my second one kind of answers that, but to be clear i think we came from adam and eve and god also helped us later on. He helped us learn to build, to read, to write, to evolve into who we all are today. Also why i think sometimes some of us have bad things and horrible events happen to us, god is helping us become more, sometime experience can really change a person and help them evolve into more.

Thank you for your questions, i had to turn on my pc to reply to you as i wanted to give you my best answers, anymore questions would be welcomed with open arms.

May you be blessed today and everyday.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
The earth is a board hung on a living room wall.

K

KnowMe

some cyanobacteria - like algae that grows at the bottom of the ocean - photosynthesize infra-red light, instead of visible light. this article mentions that algae can even switch between different wavelengths of light, depending on what it grows in.

plants exist that don't need visible light. the mechanism to use such light energy exists in some plants even though they don't use it...

interesting, right?
Hey posthuman I just learned about green flashes quite interesting hehe..

https://io9.gizmodo.com/under-the-right-conditions-humans-can-see-infrared-1665448040