Another pic thread... the natural beauty of your state area

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CarolSampaio

you should post a pic of the giant Jesus statue on the mountain you have there.
That statue is in another state... It's located in Rio de Janeiro and I live in Amazonas... it's kinda like if the statue was located in New York, I would be living in Colorado... ;)

My surroundings are a bit more wild than that...
floresta-amazonica-2.jpg

Lots of trees and a whole lot of water...

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mitspa

That statue is in another state... It's located in Rio de Janeiro and I live in Amazonas... it's kinda like if the statue was located in New York, I would be living in Colorado... ;)

My surroundings are a bit more wild than that...
View attachment 131631

Lots of trees and a whole lot of water...
Amozonas?....how tall are you Carol? :)

C

CarolSampaio

Amozonas?....how tall are you Carol? :)
Terribly short...huahuahua I'm 1,68m tall... ;) if the stories were true, I would probably be left to tend to the tribe's basic needs for being too short for warrior duty... hehehe

M

Mitspa

Terribly short...huahuahua I'm 1,68m tall... ;) if the stories were true, I would probably be left to tend to the tribe's basic needs for being too short for warrior duty... hehehe
You would have been responsible for skinning the male victims...and watching over all the heads they had cut-off :)

Apr 15, 2014
You would have been responsible for skinning the male victims...and watching over all the heads they had cut-off :)
Well, this thread took a very weird turn.

C

CarolSampaio

That is... gruesome... o_O Don't wanna be part of that tribe anymore...

I think I'm gonna hug some kittens now...

Apr 15, 2014
That got your attention Ol...? wonder why?
Uh, cause it was violent and gross... after all the beautiful pictures. Amazonas is a state in Brazil - I know this because I used to know someone who lived in Amazonas (I doubt Carol knows him, and I haven't seen him since he moved back 4 years ago.)

Why'd you bring up violence Mitspa? And why did you note that it got my attention? I often read threads without comment... don't you?

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I thought it was a website where u buy things.

M

Mitspa

Uh, cause it was violent and gross... after all the beautiful pictures. Amazonas is a state in Brazil - I know this because I used to know someone who lived in Amazonas (I doubt Carol knows him, and I haven't seen him since he moved back 4 years ago.)

Why'd you bring up violence Mitspa? And why did you note that it got my attention? I often read threads without comment... don't you?
Sorry Im a guy..and when we here the word Amazon..we think of big jungle women who beat up and do violent things to men... maybe its a cultural thing, or a male thing?

Back to the nice pics...I derailed my own thread :(

violakat

Apr 23, 2014
Hopefully the pics won't be too large. But here's a couple from our coastal area.
Under the pier.jpg moon scape one.jpg moon scape two.jpg

J

jaybird88

Well, this thread took a very weird turn.
olerica you dont understand, its tha Amazon woman! when you put that thought into a guys head it does weird things. like odysseus and the sirens. there is something about big sexy women in the jungle that put the beat down on men that make us guys get all insane in the membrain.

P

Practice-English

Another pic thread... the natural beauty of your state area

Cours d'eau.jpg

Little Flowers.jpg

Beauty.jpg

2e partie du bois caché.jpg

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
colorful-colorado.jpg

Even our rivers are colored :p

11DURANGO1-master675.jpg

C

CarolSampaio

Our river is black... hehehehehehe :D

Manaus-Praia-Rio-Negro.jpg

Apr 15, 2014
Is that a RIVER, Carol? At the mouth of the ocean, maybe? Goodness! Also... is it black from churned up soil upstream?

And OnceFallen - that's a clay river, huh? I don't think I've ever seen one that color. Looks tasty! I'll have a drink! ;)

C

CarolSampaio

Is that a RIVER, Carol? At the mouth of the ocean, maybe? Goodness! Also... is it black from churned up soil upstream?

And OnceFallen - that's a clay river, huh? I don't think I've ever seen one that color. Looks tasty! I'll have a drink! ;)
Yeah... that's a river... hahahahaha Rivers around here tend to be quite big, and this one is on the top 5 list (or top 2... I don't think there are any rivers larger than Rio Negro and Rio Amazonas around here)...

At this point, it's about 4km from one side to the other... and it's about 35 to 50 meters deep... but it can go wider and deeper than that in other places throughout its course... :) and the dark water is from organic matter in suspension... (not sure if that's how it goes in English, but that's the idea)... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 15, 2014
Yeah... that's a river... hahahahaha Rivers around here tend to be quite big, and this one is on the top 5 list (or top 2... I don't think there is any rivers larger than Rio Negro and Rio Amazonas)...

At this point, it's about 4km from one side to the other... and it's about 35 to 50 meters deep... but it can go wider and deeper than that in other places through its course... :) and the dark water is from organic matter in suspension... (not sure if that's how it goes in English, but that's the idea)... :)
Explained perfectly! (Organic matter in suspension is a rather educated way to say it... we'd typically say: "Yeah, it's got weeds and dirt floating in it." :) )

Cool though!