Any Alice Cooper fans out there?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
X

XD005

I was just wondering if there are any Alice Cooper fans out there.
Contrary to popular belief, Alice Cooper is a born-again Christian.
And has a lot of songs about good and evil. His album Dragontown talks specifically about the book of revelations.

D

DannyC

Yes I like him.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
yep I like his stuff..

U

Ugly

I remember hearing about him rededicating his life years ago. I listened to some of his new stuff (at the time), but haven't listened to any of it in quite a while now.

Oct 12, 2012
...no more mister nice guy... is that who your talking about!

U

Ugly

Yes, that's the one. He was the son of a pastor, and had always considered himself a Christian, even during his worst times. Watching a Billy Graham Crusade on TV one night he realized how far he had fallen away from how he was raised and what he knew was right and rededicated his life. This was sometime before 1994. Not sure when exactly.

X

XD005

...no more mister nice guy... is that who your talking about!
Yupp, yupp, thats him.

Yes, that's the one. He was the son of a pastor, and had always considered himself a Christian, even during his worst times. Watching a Billy Graham Crusade on TV one night he realized how far he had fallen away from how he was raised and what he knew was right and rededicated his life. This was sometime before 1994. Not sure when exactly.
Yeah, its funny cause looking at him, you'd never guess he'd be a christian thats what really gets me.
His album Dragontown ir probably one of my favorites with the exception of his song "Deeper", still freaks me out a little bit
as it apparently seems to be about how scary of a place hell is. Also his song "I Am Made of You" from Welcome 2 My Nightmare, pretty cool song as well.

acesneverwin

Jun 8, 2011
I Am Made of you is probably my favorite song of his... I mean I know many didn't like it and yeah it's not like a lot of his but just... I just love that one. I didn't know he was a Christian till I was playing that and I was like... these lyrics seem pretty Christian.

I like him though.. I'm a medium fan. I have more of his later stuff than the early cooper stuff. Mostly the albums from the late 80s to the mid 90s are the ones I have and I prefer those ones over his old old school ones. Poison and Bed of Nails are favorites. I dunno I liked his little glam metal/rock swing he went through... most don't like em but oh well... Also I love Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever from his last one even though I think that was one that was pretty much universally disliked from his new album. I thought it was funny though.

U

Ugly

Yupp, yupp, thats him.

Yeah, its funny cause looking at him, you'd never guess he'd be a christian thats what really gets me.
His album Dragontown ir probably one of my favorites with the exception of his song "Deeper", still freaks me out a little bit
as it apparently seems to be about how scary of a place hell is. Also his song "I Am Made of You" from Welcome 2 My Nightmare, pretty cool song as well.
I don't know. He's kind of tame compared to some Christian bands i've seen.

BillyTheKid

Feb 17, 2009
I wouldn't call myself a "fan", but I did get to see him in concert 2 years ago. It was a pretty good show. Really odd decorations though lol. He had this blow up sex doll with him the whole time kissing on it and stuff. Seems a bit much for a "Christian" artist to have on stage......

U

Ugly

Well, the concept is that 'Alice Cooper', as the stage name is the evil character in his story lines. And so he portrays that character on stage to tell the story. But yeah, i have noticed he seems to have become more questionable the past few years. One reason i haven't tried to get into his newer stuff.

Feb 5, 2013
I used to listen to his songs before I was a christian...that was during late 80's and 90's. His songs were not for the believers because it's all about sex...drugs..rock and roll....Im sorry ...i just want to be honest of my opinion.

U

Ugly

Sorry about what? He wasn't living as a Christian til the early 90's.

L

lcerveny

I think he needs to clean up. He needs a new image. Sing for our Lord!!

U

Ugly

I think he needs to clean up. He needs a new image. Sing for our Lord!!
He does already. He is not portraying himself as Alice Cooper, but, as i said, using this character as the bad guy in his themes.

X

XD005

He does already. He is not portraying himself as Alice Cooper, but, as i said, using this character as the bad guy in his themes.
Yeah, his song "Sex, Death, Money" sounds like a theme from Revelations.
Also "Stolen Prayer", "Lullaby", and "Cleansed by Fire" seem to have some christian themes.
I saw him live twice. Both times he was relatively tame, he came out with this Frankenstein suit and
did a couple other gimmicks, since he's written Welcome 2 My Nightmare, it seems he's trying to make his image cleaner.
And exactly, I think I remember him saying that in an interview

Mar 21, 2011
I was just wondering if there are any Alice Cooper fans out there.
Contrary to popular belief, Alice Cooper is a born-again Christian.
And has a lot of songs about good and evil. His album Dragontown talks specifically about the book of revelations.
Yes I like her stuff, and it's not because he's a Christian.

I used to like Megadeth, but since the lead singer is now one of these wacky Christian conspiracy guys, I've gone right off him.

Happy for people to come to Lord, just keep your politics away from me please.

K

Kisses1990

I love the Coop! Saw him live a bunch of times! Most recently with his co-headlining tour with Marilyn Manson. If you dig Alice Cooper, you guys might like Marilyn Manson. They are very similar in themes and every album is a brilliant concept album by both bands, challenging social morals and society. Manson has a reputation for being Satan himself, but if anyone took the time to really understand his art, they would realize it has a lot of valuable messages and makes for truly amazing multi-layered stories. It's not just random dumb rock songs. It's a concept piece. You'd have to sit and listen to the whole album and study it to begin to understand.

Also, a few years back, Alice Cooper went on tour with 2 of my other favorite bands as well! Rob Zombie and The Murderdolls (Joey Jordison and Wednesday 13 band)

That was epic!

Alice knows how to put on an amazing entertaining show! And on the most recent tour I mentioned with Marilyn Manson, they joined each other each night for a duet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdmU2Cxf9-s<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdmU2Cxf9-s">[video=youtube;mdmU2Cxf9-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdmU2Cxf9-s[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kisses1990

And an even better one from 2007!

[video=youtube;qgdhYrmlPm4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgdhYrmlPm4[/video]

SparkleEyes

Mar 23, 2013
If AC is a Christian and is living as one now, I wish he would be more vocal about his past life and the difference between then and how and why he is living now. :cool: