Anybody else here angry???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Donkeyfish07

I used to get angry quite a bit but I got to the point where I can let it go. If someone really wrongs me, I can just let it go even though I may be hurt over it. My friends are actually surprised when they see me not react angrily to certain things saying that I should be. It's something I've worked on a lot. How I managed to overcome it so well was thinking about the (paraphrasing here) "Judge not lest ye be judged, and be careful with what measure ye mete, for it will be measured again to you)....I'll forgive people that do me wrong even if they took pleasure in it and never apologized....because when judgement day comes....I'd like to have mercy for things too because I know I've done people wrong as well....Therefore if I forgive everybody from my heart and let it go even when they don't apologize...I should be pretty safe from similar things that I have done....lol, not to mention it's easier to love people when you aren't full of rage

T

Tintin

That's good Donkey, but why not use a more modern translation? What's 'mete' mean?

D

Donkeyfish07

Basically the way I understand the entire passage is that if you want to judge people.....be careful, because if you choose to judge people expect to be judged yourself by your own standards. We know god doesn't like hypocrisy. It's better not to judge and just forgive...because thats how we will all want to be treated on judgement day. Thats what I get out of the whole judge not lest ye be judged issue.