Are english bible translations inspired

• Thread starter OwenHeidenreich
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

nathan3

Goodness, in the area where I live there's preacher's that do believe in the rapture as well as those that don't. The serpent seed doctrine is intriguing. I actually don't reject or accept it. Waiting for more info to roll in.
Don't wait on anyone but the true Christ :)

2 Timothy 2:15

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

S

Shiloah

To nt believe in the gathering together of the elect is to not believe in the second coming of Christ to rescue His people. Simple as that. Heretics and apostates be revealed.
Well both believers in the rapture and those that believe in a second coming believe in the gathering together of the elect. I really don't think this has to do with heretics and apostates. This simply has to do with understanding scriptures correctly regarding when exactly this happens. Wait, I don't mean exactly when because we can't know that. I mean before or after the tribulation period.

N

nathan3

Well both believers in the rapture and those that believe in a second coming believe in the gathering together of the elect. I really don't think this has to do with heretics and apostates. This simply has to do with understanding scriptures correctly regarding when exactly this happens. Wait, I don't mean exactly when because we can't know that. I mean before or after the tribulation period.
You want to get a concise when .And in what order. What is written in 2nd Thess 2 is a start.

T

Tintin

I don't think I know what the serpent seed doctrine is. It's not that rubbish about the snake mating with Eve, is it?

N

nathan3

I just want to know more about this?
If you want to know more of it. I can speak in chat. Or, it will be a while before I can respond in a post here. Because I have to reference the scripture here and make it so its understandable .

Remember that little detail about the Bible not being originally in English? Well, it counts when understanding this . You have to do some Hebrew word studies here .

Last edited:
S

Shiloah

The KJV onlyist will say that the KJV is inspired. The truth is the only inspired word was the original manuscript. We have translations of a copy of an inspired text. Is it close? Yes. The NASB is the closest.
I sure have to wonder who came up with this concept that God inspired this or that translation. Christ said all scriptures were God breathed, but He was obviously talking about the Torah which was written in Hebrew. He wasn't even talking about the New Testament because it hadn't been written yet. We can only determine these things by way of the Holy Spirit. So when people try to tell me a certain version is the only one inspired, I have to ask why I've known so many people who've come to Christ by way of uninspired translations. I've also read from just about every translation on the market. Some I think are clearer, one or two I wonder about, but all in all, they all say the same thing.

S

Shiloah

I don't think I know what the serpent seed doctrine is. It's not that rubbish about the snake mating with Eve, is it?
I don't think that's what's it's about. lol. Then again, I haven't looked into it deeply.

P.S. Get the idea I've no idea what I'm talking about? ha.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

nathan3

I don't think that's what's it's about. lol. Then again, I haven't looked into it deeply.

P.S. Get the idea I've no idea what I'm talking about? ha.

One thing people do who have Not studied the bible enough to know this is, people , Christians, often make assumptions about what it could be , without knowing what is actually written there. So while a person might have part of it, that often times leads them down a road of assumptions and guessing. That never leads anywhere. And its never even close to whats written.