Are spirits (ghosts) demons?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

letti

Demons can take on many forms all meant to deceive.Ghosts and spirits impersonate the dead,as well as in other ways.

K

Kerry

No such thing as ghost. There are only angels, fallen angels, and demons. Most put more emphasis on demons, but fallen angels are more powerful. Demons are the minions of fallen angels. Remember that satan is a fallen angel.

I liken them to electricity. You can't see it, nor taste it, nor smell it. But, you sure can feel it. Demons are real and I bend to a theory of where they came from and it makes sense to me. It might not to you, but I don't work for you.

If you see spirits, they are most likely demons and not departed souls of humans. To be absent from the body is to present with the Father ( if your saved). Upon death, you go to heaven or hell. No limbo or in between.

I have had an encounter with one them and it tried to kill me. I could just whisper the name of Jesus. Jesus is all could possibly muster to say as the thing sat on my chest and made it difficult for me to breath. It became angry and I knew it was trying to kill me. I kept whispering Jesus. Then strength came and I shouted Jesus and it left immediately. This was on an airplane and when I realised where I was, people were looking and staring at me. I looked at them and said praise be the name of Jesus and I got about 15 amens and that was the end of it.

M

MaggieMye

My daughters have had experiences with ghost spirits in their homes. But they opened themselves up to this deception by going to a medium to tell them their futures. Not just once, but for several years they sought her out. The medium died last year. She was 40 years old. I didn't know about all of this until the medium died and then my youngest daughter opened up to me about things the medium had told them. I told her the ghosts are demons and that God hates all pagan practices.[/QUOTE They need to renounce their activity and idolatry, confess it as sin and ask the Lord for forgiveness. Then prophetically close the doors to their hearts and souls and cancel the assignments of the occult over their lives. No one but God knows the future. He may give bits of the future to someone, prophetically, but that person MUST be a follower of Christ and Christ only in order to know that it is of God. Test the spirit behind the prophecy!

It would be wise for them to read some Christian books on the prophetic so they can be savvy in their search for answers in their lives...and to KNOW the Word of God!!

Maggie

M

MaggieMye

​Not to hijack the thread but
As for as NDE, IMO it is brain chemical balance/imbalance related. We are complex beings, and our minds can be very delusional to the point we are convinced the mind experience was a reality, either spiritually or physically. Mental/Mind experiences are just as real as fully awake/aware experiences. I know, because my brain chemical balance/imbalance sent me strong delusions. I take captive of every thought and hold it to the light of scriptures. If it is contrary to the Word, then it is generally, a delusional lie and not to be taken seriously. Also dreams must be put to the test of the Word.

Job 33: 14-18
For God does speak—now one way, now another—
though no one perceives it.
15 In a dream, in a vision of the night,
when deep sleep falls on people
as they slumber in their beds,
16 He may speak in their ears
and terrify them with warnings,
17 to turn them from wrongdoing
and keep them from pride,
18 to preserve them from the pit,
their lives from perishing by the sword.[b]

john832

May 31, 2013
Hmmmm....interesting one.

What do you make of NDEs then (Near Death Experiences)?

As for me, I have seen a ghost as the house we lived in was I was a nipper was haunted.
The brain does interesting things when deprived of oxygen including hallucinating.

john832

May 31, 2013
Yes it was, Isdaniel.

The fact that God forbids dealing with the mediums suggests there is more to it than the fact they do not exist.

In 2 Cor 12:2. St Paul writes that 'he knew a man' who was caught up in a third heaven and heard 'inexpressible' things that man is not allowed to utter. Could this be an early account of a NDE? Scholars wonder whether this man was St Paul himself.

There are things that we are not allowed to delve into but it doesn't mean they do not exist.
No, the dead are dead. It was not Samuel, it was a lying spirit...

2Ch 18:19 And the LORD said, Who shall entice Ahab king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one spake saying after this manner, and another saying after that manner.
2Ch 18:20 Then there came out a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will entice him. And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith?
2Ch 18:21 And he said, I will go out, and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And the LORD said, Thou shalt entice him, and thou shalt also prevail: go out, and do even so.

Ahab wasn't the only one who had a visit from a lying spirit.

As far as Paul goes, it was a vision.