Are U looking for a quick fix?

• Thread starter princessdeb4111962
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

princessdeb4111962

Are you looking at God's mercy as a quick fix?

After giving instructions to completely destroy a town, including its people and livestock, should the people of Israel be enticed to turn to the worship of foreign gods? Moses tells the people: Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the Lord will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors.

The Lord your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him.
Deuteronomy 13:12-18 NLT
These verses make it clear that God's mercy is extended to those whose hearts are sincere. The Israelites were headed for a land that, much like our society today, was infested with materialism, the craving of creature comforts and "the good life." God is not interested in sharing his mercy with those who simply need a quick fix for the problems their sinful lifestyles have created. Such people have no intention of accepting God's mercy as a new lease on life; they are simply looking for a way to save themselves from deserved consequences.

God wants to show us abundant mercy, but he is looking for those who will gratefully accept it and allow it to change the way they live. Do you want God's mercy as a quick fix or as a permanent new way of life?

So many christian I have talked to or read their thread ,think it's ok to sin n then ask for God's forgiveness.I truly think it is wrong.if u no u r sinning.DON"T
Touchpoint Bible sent me these paragraphs in my e-mail n It is how I feel this society is taking sin,very likely,with it's ok it's only a lit lie(it didn't hurt them),or i can wear this n that(make people stumble) or put anything on my skin(it's Christ's body)We r put on this earth to glorify n serve God..I think it's ashame,Y? did Christ die for ur sins?
.So we can be washed of ur sins.we need to hold strong,in the endtimes,it's going to b more temptations,the father of all lies,will try to tempt us more n more,if we r not trying to stop ur sinning,than we can b trapped in his lies.
Well,I am sorry if i have affended anyone,but I believe this is what God wanted me to open peoples eyes too.if I get kicked off for voicing my opinon than I don't belong here.God Bless n I will pray for everyone on Christian Chat,even this site.

P

princessdeb4111962

Careful with the plagiarism there, deb. Your message loses meaning if it isn't really your message. http://my.orthodoxcircle.com/_weblog/index.php?id=OC/Catkorn&blogid=95102
I was asking God,How can people b so blind n he showed me this e-mail,it's how i feel truthfully SORRY
people do what is best for themself n not God,they leave out the old testament because we have a new one,come on the Whole Bible is the truth,not just parts of it.
What happen to fear God,n not sin over n over again

L

Lauren

C

CarrierOfChrist

Oh oh jeez, I'm sorry, I honestly didn't see the reference that it was from an email! I read the whole thing and somehow missed it, lol. Sorry deb!

P

princessdeb4111962

Oh oh jeez, I'm sorry, I honestly didn't see the reference that it was from an email! I read the whole thing and somehow missed it, lol. Sorry deb!
ur forgiven CarrierOfChrist,God Bless

C

CarrierOfChrist

She made reference in her OP that it was from an email, although granted she didn't make it overly clear.

Hey, wait a minute.... **does a doubletake at C.o.C.** Am I seeing a ghost? LOL. :p
boo ;) lol. i have been through the valley of the shadow of death, and have returned!

Status
Not open for further replies.