Are you a fruitcake ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
On a side note... seeing the topic are you a fruitcake just hits me in the funny bone. Very cool topic for your post lol.

O

Oblio

No, I am not a fruitcake...I don't like fruitcake...I don't like talking about fruitcake...I don't like thinking about fruitcake...I don't like this thread about fruitcake...I don't like anything about fruitcake...you fruitcake! Lol

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
I feel I am a strawberry and peach and sometimes a pecan. Not really a fruitcake most people do not care for them. That being said , I have learned thru the years to pick my disagreements and walk away when needed(strawberry). Also to give a soft answer and to calm a disagreement(peach). But then there is part of me that prefers humor to arguing over an insignificant disagreement(pecan AKA:nut).
But do agree see many that have grown bitter and lash out at many. Prayers for God to melt their heart and fill them with his peace and joy.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Y'all know me, I never post serious threads, but lately I've had the fruits of the Spirit on my mind. According to the scripture, you can tell a Christian by their fruits. I sit back alot of times and watch the interactions by Christians on here, on facebook and in real life and I feel like sometimes we are a few fruits short.

Now with this being said, Im not saying we cant have emotions. I get angry, I get petty sometimes I get short tempered and I have to stop and ask myself.. "self, are you being gentle? Are you being long suffering ?? Are you showing mercy ? "

What I want to know is...do you struggle with any of these fruits specifically ? If so, how do you work on it ?

Just as a reminder.... here are the fruits

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Love you all ♡♡♡
Now let me browbeat you into submission for having such thoughts....
(Joke)

But yeah...you are definitely on the right track.

We, as a group, are very nuts. There isn't a rational person which believes in God that would ever consider the most logical group to join.

We have the Charismatics who promote voodoo Christianity, Baptist who promote hellfire and finger wagging, catholics who promote rituals and dead people over Jesus, and Episcopalians whom license every sin out there in some fashion.

The new "non-denominational " church isn't much better because I can afford $600 t-shirts and $300 blue jeans to fit in appropriately. I'm not even sure what brand of Christianity they are promoting...it appears more like a cool-kids-club with politics than promoting the ideals of Christianity. (Love, Mercy, forgiveness and long-suffering of others)

Don't even get me started with all the conspiracy nuts who see Satan and demons hiding behind every Toyota and how someone is trying to control me.

And I've come to the conclusion that it's intentional by God to hide his true kids in this group of wackanoodles...so they are harder to find.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
I admit, I am indeed a fruitcake. However, I will confess, it is a family recipe. 🤪

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
what, there's a demon behind my car?

But I did put that fish bumper sticker in it so they'd lay off!