Are you lonely?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 24, 2012
Are you tired of being single? Are you lonely? Waiting for that right man or woman of God to come along? Hoping they will fill that void? Then this is the Forum for you. It's my first one so pardon my grammar. haha ^_^

Loneliness. Loneliness is an odd thing, it can create a whole new person in a way, one thats desperate, unhappy, willing to lower standards and overlook any fault for the sake of "love". The definition of "Lonely" is "Being sad due to solitude or being alone." Many people get lonely, it's quite a common thing. However, the craving for companionship is different from being lonely. If you are searching for "the one" because you are lonely then you will only be lonely with the wrong person if you marry/date.

One thing you must understand is NO spouse can make you whole, only GOD can get rid of loneliness. People who are obeying God and doing his purpose for their lives won't be lonely. He will keep you too busy, trust me. :] Many of you already know this. God loves us and gives us a choice to pick who we want BUT wrong choices have ramifications my friends. Loneliness can drive people mad at times even create a powerful pain in the chest. Craving companionship will feel different.

Often times people get married for selfish reasons BUT who is a better match maker then God? Once he feels you are ready he will bring someone along side you where h sends you. There is no need for dating sites and dating books and all that. I know God can use anything but remember God loves us and provides for his children, those that are SEEKING him. Put God first and let him change you, only then will you have joy. Happiness is a temporary feeling BUT Joy now that comes from God! Even in times of sadness if you are obeying and seeking God first you will STILL feel Joy! If you trust God truly then let him bring someone along side you as you serve him. Once your heart is God's first and foremost then you will meet someone special.

I say all this in love because I feel like God told me to so someone could hear this but I don't know who this is for. Anyways there you go who ever you are! ^_^ Listen to HIS voice and not your own. If he gives you red flags listen to them. Seek first YOUR purpose and spiritual identity because iron can sharpen iron but a spouse won't be your ticket into heaven, satan himself knows about God but do you KNOW God? (((((((( HUGS ))))))))) ^_^ - Kara

Aug 2, 2009
Are you tired of being single? Are you lonely? Waiting for that right man or woman of God to come along? Hoping they will fill that void? Then this is the Forum for you. It's my first one so pardon my grammar. haha ^_^

Loneliness. Loneliness is an odd thing, it can create a whole new person in a way, one thats desperate, unhappy, willing to lower standards and overlook any fault for the sake of "love". The definition of "Lonely" is "Being sad due to solitude or being alone." Many people get lonely, it's quite a common thing. However, the craving for companionship is different from being lonely. If you are searching for "the one" because you are lonely then you will only be lonely with the wrong person if you marry/date.

One thing you must understand is NO spouse can make you whole, only GOD can get rid of loneliness. People who are obeying God and doing his purpose for their lives won't be lonely. He will keep you too busy, trust me. :] Many of you already know this. God loves us and gives us a choice to pick who we want BUT wrong choices have ramifications my friends. Loneliness can drive people mad at times even create a powerful pain in the chest. Craving companionship will feel different.

Often times people get married for selfish reasons BUT who is a better match maker then God? Once he feels you are ready he will bring someone along side you where h sends you. There is no need for dating sites and dating books and all that. I know God can use anything but remember God loves us and provides for his children, those that are SEEKING him. Put God first and let him change you, only then will you have joy. Happiness is a temporary feeling BUT Joy now that comes from God! Even in times of sadness if you are obeying and seeking God first you will STILL feel Joy! If you trust God truly then let him bring someone along side you as you serve him. Once your heart is God's first and foremost then you will meet someone special.

I say all this in love because I feel like God told me to so someone could hear this but I don't know who this is for. Anyways there you go who ever you are! ^_^ Listen to HIS voice and not your own. If he gives you red flags listen to them. Seek first YOUR purpose and spiritual identity because iron can sharpen iron but a spouse won't be your ticket into heaven, satan himself knows about God but do you KNOW God? (((((((( HUGS ))))))))) ^_^ - Kara
Hi, Im3rd. :) I love this post so much! I don't know if it was meant for me but it was really what I needed to hear right now. I've been sitting here sad and depressed and feeling very lonely. Not only because I'm still single, that's not even half of it. There's so much more that I can't even mention. Thank you so much for posting this. I ran into you in chat once. I said "so you aren't really a tree by the bank of a river?" Just in case u might remember me.

God bless you and have a very happy new year! You've brought some light back into my darkness.

F

flight316

Yeah, loneliness is rough. I was lonely and depressed ( 5 yrs. divorced ). What I've discovered is that, when in that place of loneliness, YOU have to find your way out. First off it is unacceptable for me. I kept myself occupied by doing things and going places. I refuse to sit here or lay here and be defeated. In the process I grew. I trained my mind against it. I disciplined and regulated myself. I became stronger. I hold my head up and walk like a man that knows that God is with him. Is it scary? Yes. Does it hurt? Yes. Can it be dangerous? Yes. That is why it is so important to know God, because what you can't handle, He can and He will. WAIT I SAY UPON THE LORD

N

napeter87

Thanks so much for posting this! It is really what I needed to hear. I have been pretty busy with life in general and I thought that someone in my life would help me feel happy and fill the void. But your right...only God can fill the void and he is the only one that can create pure Joy in our lives. I just got rejected by someone I was dating for 3 months and whom I thought was my other half essentially. She was like me in many ways. I met her on Christianmingle and talked to her on the phone for hours. Turns out she thinks the conversational chemistry wasn't there. But anyway, long story short in the end I guess it didn't work out and I am alone again. But, you know what, God is on the throne, and I will continue to follow and trust him! Thanks for the encouraging words!

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
I'm glad to see that Kara's post cheered up some people/helped some. I noticed the title and came here just to give a good word for the Lord dealing with our lonelyness, as He's helped me so much in that area, but it looks like my support may not be needed here :)!

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I'm glad to see that Kara's post cheered up some people/helped some. I noticed the title and came here just to give a good word for the Lord dealing with our lonelyness, as He's helped me so much in that area, but it looks like my support may not be needed here :)!
Your support is always appreciated, Jilly! :)

G

GreenNnice

We simplly need to be acceptive of Hiis leading us, and, surely, we all get lonely at times, even marrieds are lonely, you know.

We have Him and we are with Him and walking with Him and living in Him and doing our perfect best to live for Him, this is going to perfectly and completely sate our loneliness, for God will neve leave us nor forsake us, oh, I know, hard to do, it's sooo easy to SIN ! Speaking of such... It is when we sin, that we feel seperated from God, and, we are, we seperate ourselves from God by our actions to leave Him. God gave us two feet, and, He tells us that we should walk with Him, that's our choice, we can use our two created feet to do His will as He leads us, or, not.

Accepting the Holy Spirit's leading in our life, that's it, that makes us no longer feel lonely, green? The completely perfect cure for loneliness, Christ peeps, His grace is sufficient, our sin is covered by His blood, forevermore, the blood of 'grace,' and, His love is everlasting to those that are choosing to walk with Him :) To know God we must 'love' God, Scripture says. Do you love God? Do you walk in His ways for you, led by His Spirit in you, given you, through faith, when you chose to believe and be born of Him :)

The Lord leads, 'Follow Me.' :) John 21:22

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 10, 2008
Em Are Green,

Are you suggesting that perhaps when we feel lonely it may be a sign that we are allowing sin to take more control of our lives than we should? A warning maybe?

G

GreenNnice

Em Are Green,

Are you suggesting that perhaps when we feel lonely it may be a sign that we are allowing sin to take more control of our lives than we should? A warning maybe?
Yes, God says He will never leave us nor forsake us, that is truth (Heb. 13:5) but only when WE are following Him, when we are wrapped up in His ways for our life, being led by His Spirit in us, so, yes, that way, His leading, we will experience a feeling of loneliness but we will KNOW we are not alone :)
Read psalm 23, lightnin' bro :)

This is hard to understand, this loneliness that is there but knowing His love shrouds our loneliness, just like His blood shrouds.... :)

Though shrouded (covered) sin, we do still sin and should not say we don't, for we lie, to say that (1 John 1:8), but one born of God, Scripture states, does not sin because His seed (Holy Spirit) is in them :) (1 John 3:9), and, this is meant: we are covered by His blood, this means that our sins are covered by Him. We arek to live our life in the Spirit, though Paul states that he still wrestles with his flesh quite easily, if you read Romans 7, a great battle of flesh and Spirit is being outdrawn there by Paul, lightnin'

Yes, I believe God is in me, that when I chose to be His, way back when I was 16, a commitment to him, walking from the soccer field to my truck no less, nothing at the altar whatsoever, just told God that I was His . Sure, I sinned after that, a lot, my parents were in midst of a heated divorce, I went to college, did things of sin, but the Lord protected me through it all.

Because why, green? Because I accepted Him, I knew He was leading my life, despite my wrestling with 'flesh' things He was THERE, protecting me, keeping me, COUNTLESS occassions, as I did MY part to follow Him.
Lightnin', this is not to guilt anyone, we ALL have our things in our life, it is to let you know that the BLOOD of Christ covers ALL our sins, past, present, future, and, sure, yes, by His power (the Spirit's power) in us we will have the power to keep from sinning but we still, like Paul, will wrestle with the flesh, and, guess what? :( We will have things happen, not good things :( , from our choices, but the Lord leads and His Spirit will carry us where He wants us to go and, bottom line, is that we are with Him, through it all and when we sin it will MAKE us feel lonely because we seperate ourselves from God but Gold is THERE all the time, waiting for us with OPEN ARMS to make the 'journey' home. He is there
for us, faithfully. WE CHOOSE seperate ways from God :)

Does this make sense, lightnin' ? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 10, 2008
Yes, God says He will never leave us nor forsake us, that is truth (Heb. 13:5) but only when WE are following Him, when we are wrapped up in His ways for our life, being led by His Spirit in us, so, yes, that way, His leading, we will experience a feeling of loneliness but we will KNOW we are not alone :)
Read psalm 23, lightnin' bro :)

This is hard to understand, this loneliness that is there but knowing His love shrouds our loneliness, just like His blood shrouds.... :)

Though shrouded (covered) sin, we do still sin and should not say we don't, for we lie, to say that (1 John 1:8), but one born of God, Scripture states, does not sin because His seed (Holy Spirit) is in them :) (1 John 3:9), and, this is meant: we are covered by His blood, this means that our sins are covered by Him. We arek to live our life in the Spirit, though Paul states that he still wrestles with his flesh quite easily, if you read Romans 7, a great battle of flesh and Spirit is being outdrawn there by Paul, lightnin'

Yes, I believe God is in me, that when I chose to be His, way back when I was 16, a commitment to him, walking from the soccer field to my truck no less, nothing at the altar whatsoever, just told God that I was His . Sure, I sinned after that, a lot, my parents were in midst of a heated divorce, I went to college, did things of sin, but the Lord protected me through it all.

Because why, green? Because I accepted Him, I knew He was leading my life, despite my wrestling with 'flesh' things He was THERE, protecting me, keeping me, COUNTLESS occassions, as I did MY part to follow Him.
Lightnin', this is not to guilt anyone, we ALL have our things in our life, it is to let you know that the BLOOD of Christ covers ALL our sins, past, present, future, and, sure, yes, by His power (the Spirit's power) in us we will have the power to keep from sinning but we still, like Paul, will wrestle with the flesh, and, guess what? :( We will have things happen, not good things :( , from our choices, but the Lord leads and His Spirit will carry us where He wants us to go and, bottom line, is that we are with Him, through it all and when we sin it will MAKE us feel lonely because we seperate ourselves from God but Gold is THERE all the time, waiting for us with OPEN ARMS to make the 'journey' home. He is there
for us, faithfully. WE CHOOSE seperate ways from God :)

Does this make sense, lightnin' ? :)
Thank you.

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Your support is always appreciated, Jilly! :)
Thank you, Gabe :). I actually tried to delete the post (I didn't make it in time), because I thought it might sound slightly stuck up, so I hope it didn't come across that way. Thanks again :).

G

Gaming_Drummer

I wouldn't say I'm lonely at all right now. I've got friends, though quite a lot of them live an hour or two away from me so I can't see them as often as I'd like. The primary reason I want to get married while I'm still young is that I want to experience the lifelong friendship part of marriage. In other words, I don't want to be lonely when I move out on my own. Granted, I'll still have friends, and I want the girl I marry to be someone I'm attracted to, but even more than that I want that person to be someone who is essentially my best friend for life. Most importantly, I want her to be someone with whom I can grow closer to God. But right now I'm not lonely. If anything, I just feel insecure about my future since I am not in a relationship right now (nor have I ever been previously).

G

GreenNnice

Em Are Green,

The Lord leads....

This is what we should embrace, this knowledge of Him, this fear of God, for in it is an understanding of the Holy One, Proverbs says this.

We are not to feel fearful either at what God does in our life, or allows in our life :) Case in point: Job. He was allowed to go through incredible suffering, but God was in control of every single infirmity that Satan put on Job, from taking Job's kids, from having his wife want him to 'curse God and die,' to boils going over Job's entire body. God allowed it all. God provides and God allows.

So, your loneliness can be either Satan allowed to attack or God testing you. We are, surely, tested by God, but we are NOT to test God, as, Jesus provided that perfect example, when asked by Satan to jump off a high building.

We can be tempted too, ESPECIALLY are we weak when we are lonely, but He who is in us (part of us, connected, do you see this connection , lightnin' ? :) ) is GREATER than he (Satan) who is in the world. Jesus is clear in this verse, Satain is real, but He, the Holy Spirit, who LIVES in you, is greater than all Satan's ploys/acts to woo you to the dark side.

So, live, knowing loneliness is, indeed, there in our lives but Christ is with us, as our flesh presses us to want something not of Him to sate our loneliness. But, YOU will know, lightnin.....

You will know, by God, He in you, He will show you things, great and unspeakable and marvelous, yet, simple, so simple, guiding in your life of how it's gonna be, yeah, how it's gonna be....

So, lightnin, we are to follow, that is how it should be. But the Lord allows us to make our own decisions AFTER He's pressed upon us His way, through His Spirit leading us.....

The choice is ours, God or Satan, and, it's truth to say: we cannot serve two masters, we will love one and hate the other.

Just keep on keeping on, lightnin' bro. Those gifts tests you took--and I still have not taken the 2nd one, but I will, the Lord leads--EMBRACE how God showed you things from them. Pray to Him for how to perfect those gifts in your life. It won't be, likely, earth shattering, but it will be good, whether you begin teaching in Sunday School in your church, or, God sends you on a mission trip, or, ??

Speaking of missions trip, I went to Charlotte, North Carolina when I was 26 and it was incredible how God showed me Himself through things. His hand was greatly at work in the mission field of inner city Charlotte there, amazing how He helped me to help others and I can't truly explain it except He strengthened my work for Him through that missions trip :)

Just be 'you,' who God made you to be, Christbro, and, that is different than everyone else on the planet, I can just about promise you. IF you get into the Word all the time, do things that will please Him, simple things, you were created for 'His workmanship,' (Eph. 2:10). He who began a good work in you will complete it, and, by virtue of being accepting of His life and His death and His ways, it's a foregone conclusion that God will end your life in a great way that brings glory to you and completion to your life. But, that is a long ways off, right :) So, for now, begin again, and, pray for how He will lead you from thinking about loneliness. He will. The Lord leads :)

God bless you, lightnin', bro, your heart is after Him, I see it, and, have seen it, in your threads/posts last few months, before the spiritual gifts test too. I see you seeking His ways for your life and what I call a genuine desire, a burning passion to do your very best, which is human like all our very best, but with His Spirit in you leading the way you go it will be perfect, He will be by your side, and, you with Him means He is ALWAYS by your side, sure, you make mistakes, we all do, but, you don't leave Him, lightnin' bro, through all your loneliness, listen strongly to His still small voice leading your spirit, and, you will not be lonely any more than He allows you to be, just like being tempted, there will be a way out, through His power in you, and, if He allows suffering, like Job, He will protect you. Satan cannot touch you UNLESS God says so and He knows you better than you know you :)
-------------------
God bless you, Kara, good thread,keep on listening to His still, small, voice, young lady, the content of this thread resonates with quite a few people, the Lord leads . To God be the glory, great things He hath done, great things He is doing, and, great things He will continue to do, all through our lives, all through time, forevermore :)

M

mar5780

i'M lonely because there's hardly any fellowship in the churches in my city. Everyone seems to be doing their own thing. I'd be happy single if if I could find good fellowship. Most churches are mostly for families.

G

GreenNnice

i'M lonely because there's hardly any fellowship in the churches in my city. Everyone seems to be doing their own thing. I'd be happy single if if I could find good fellowship. Most churches are mostly for families.
Marmilady, that's something to take to God, simply, take that request to Him.
Ask in His name and IF it be His will, it will be so.

Ask anything in My name and it shall be given to you.

Now, the understanding of Scripture is a greater depth than the human mind can comprehend but let's just say, God can give you anything He wants to give you. We, simply, must be accepting of His decision for us, as He leads us along in our loneliness that is grounded in His control over our life. I ask you, too, that said, how can THAT 'feel' of Him in our lives be anything but lonely. Sounds a lot like the Hobbit song to me, cartoon version, the opening song. "The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.... :)

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Thank you, Gabe :). I actually tried to delete the post (I didn't make it in time), because I thought it might sound slightly stuck up, so I hope it didn't come across that way. Thanks again :).
Not at all, Jilly. :) It sounded very caring and sincere. Happy new year! :)

Jun 24, 2012
I'm glad some of you were encouraged by my post. I just know God told me to post it for someone. Anyways great to know so many people are here and can encourage and build one another up in cyber fellowship! Isn't growing and learning in the Lord awesome ? One day at a time friends! :]

T

Timofree

'There's no need for dating sites'......hmmm, I needed to read your post too! Have hurt myself and others with them in the past. I've been through cycles of going on them, and saying I won't again. Your post was a timely remider to break the cycle! Thanks for your post!

Having said that they have and can work for others. But hey, God is good