Are you trying to Fit In? or are you Cultivating your Uniqueness?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tintin

I like to belong, as does everyone but conversely I've never tried to be anyone other than myself. Sometimes people like that but many don't. It was a source of bullying for me during my high school years (and Tafe).

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
When everyone tries to be their own little individual, imagine a thousand little bright multicoloured specs, when you step back, really, things are just a bit grey. If you fit into society, work with those around you, instead, when you step back, it is still a vibrant green, blue, red...

T

Tintin

I'm not saying, "don't work in community" and "try and be different for the sake of it". I'm thinking more along the lines of, "learn who you are in Christ and be that person."

leelee

Sep 5, 2011
I don't think I really do either, I don't try to fit in and I don't try to appear different. I am just me. I fit in better in some situations and appear more unique in others. I am fine with that.

D

dashadow

This topic begs another question. Are you trying not to fit in? When Christ mingled with the sinners the self-righteous ridiculed Him. Sometimes Christians want to try and be so unique they alienate others. That is not what Christ did. So people will criticize one for supposedly trying to fit in as well as those who try to set themselves apart. Only God knows the true intentions of our actions.