Baptism? Please provide your comments/opinions as I have not been baptized...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 17, 2010
God only acknowledge ONE BAPTISM... Eph 4:5... One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
John the baptist, a Holy Spirit filled man, talks about two...Matthew 3:11.... I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

I am sure God knows that when Jesus baptize you, you are SEALED in HIM. the other one is just to get wet. Might a well tke a shower or a dip in a pool. All is the same value for salvation in water... ZIP, NADA, ZERO, ZILTCH.

Water baptism does NOTHING to salvation, NOTHING... look how many people JEsus baptized with water....John 4:2... (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)

Do you think Jesus would have baptized with water if it was ESSENTIAL to salvation? Do you think Jesus would have not baptized with water if it was essential for salvation.... Why did He not baptize with water? Becaus HE IS THE ONE THAT BATIZE WITH THE ONE BAPTISM THAT GOD ACKNOWLEDGE.... Read Acts 8 where Philip got to Samaria, it should give you perfect undertanding when the people were saved.... When the Holy Spirit FELL ON THEM.... Not at the water baptism.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
You are not practicing the Christian faith when you live in FEAR!! Jesus gave a us a Spirit of Love, not fear. To be a 'practicing Christian' for 20 YEARS??? No, dear friend, you have much to learn about being an overcomer, which is what Jesus created us to be. Can you see how satan has kept you in fear so that you choose not to obey Scripture and be baptized? It is an tactic of his, used on us all!! BUT GOD says to TRUST Him. You can verbally renounce that demon of fear, tell it to leave in the name of Jesus (as is your right and authority to do). You MUST be persistant...it has had a home in you for a long time.