Baptismal Regeneration of Infants

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Baptismal Regeneration of infants

• Yes it is valid

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • No it is not valid

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
as per the previous post, constantine repealed jesus WORD, and instituted his own... if someone actually "repents" (biblically), they are executed or excommunicated from the rcc catholic abomination heresy.
Hmm, I didn't know that............

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
You said:

My parents had me baptized for MY benefit not selfishly theirs, and it was done in faith.
Stephen asked IN FAITH not to have the charge of murder held against his murderers
Now how can he ask on behalf of someone else?
According to most posters reasoning, the murderers of Stephen would need to repent them selfs.
And Jesus died on BEHALF of all humanity.
Did you die for your own sins, or did Jesus?
WE ARE TO BE JUST LIKE HIM
SO IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE ABOVE TRUTHS INFANT BAPTISM STANDS

Just read your comment..............that is "how so." :)

S

Sirk

You said:

My parents had me baptized for MY benefit not selfishly theirs, and it was done in faith.
Stephen asked IN FAITH not to have the charge of murder held against his murderers
Now how can he ask on behalf of someone else?
According to most posters reasoning, the murderers of Stephen would need to repent them selfs.
And Jesus died on BEHALF of all humanity.
Did you die for your own sins, or did Jesus?
WE ARE TO BE JUST LIKE HIM
SO IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE ABOVE TRUTHS INFANT BAPTISM STANDS

Just read your comment..............that is "how so." :)
I don't know much about infant baptism. Is it akin to dedicating a child?

S

Sirk

as per the previous post, constantine repealed jesus WORD, and instituted his own... if someone actually "repents" (biblically), they are executed or excommunicated from the rcc catholic abomination heresy.
Hmmm....havent heard this one before. My catholic friends who love Jesus would beg to differ.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
To those who believe in "infant baptism," it equates to a new believer being baptized into Jesus Christ, which removes any need for that infant (when they are grown and make a decision to give their lives to Christ) to be baptized upon salvation. Those that believe in infant baptism believe that the infant is, in fact, saved, and a Christian from birth. This is how I understand the comments they have made here, and other places as well.

Dedication of a new born child is widely practiced. It does not represent the child being cleansed of their sins, or receiving salvation, it is for the purpose of the parents promising to God that they will raise that child in His ways. It is a serious matter, for when parents have their new born child "Dedicated," they are actually entering into a Covenant with God.

Awhile back when I did the thread about "A Promise to God," some people raised a stink about such a thing. I wonder how many of them have participated in an Infant Dedication? :)

(edited)

I also did a thread "I Was Born a Christian" here on the BDF that addresses this very issue of infant baptism.

S

Sirk

To those who believe in "infant baptism," it equates to a new believer being baptized into Jesus Christ, which removes any need for that infant (when they are grown and make a decision to give their lives to Christ) to be baptized upon salvation. Those that believe in infant baptism believe that the infant is, in fact, saved, and a Christian from birth. This is how I understand the comments they have made here, and other places as well.

Dedication of a new born child is widely practiced. It does not represent the child being cleansed of their sins, or receiving salvation, it is for the purpose of the parents promising to God that they will raise that child in His ways. It is a serious matter, for when parents have their new born child "Dedicated," they are actually entering into a Covenant with God.

Awhile back when I did the thread about "A Promise to God," some people raised a stink about such a thing. I wonder how many of them have participated in an Infant Dedication? :)

(edited)

I also did a thread "I Was Born a Christian" here on the BDF that addresses this very issue of infant baptism.
We do infant dedication the first Sunday of every month at my church. It's always a cool thing to pray over and out ahead of the course of a child's life like that.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
We do infant dedication the first Sunday of every month at my church. It's always a cool thing to pray over and out ahead of the course of a child's life like that.
We celebrate infant dedications as well..........if the parents request them. However, the Pastor counsels the parents prior to any celebration to assure that they understand the seriousness of such a celebration. It is not designed to be a "feel good" thing for the parents/congregation.

S

Sirk

We celebrate infant dedications as well..........if the parents request them. However, the Pastor counsels the parents prior to any celebration to assure that they understand the seriousness of such a celebration. It is not designed to be a "feel good" thing for the parents/congregation.
I'm pretty sure that one has to be a member of our congregation to dedicate their kid and as such, would have taken our membership class and understands the implications of it.

A

atwhatcost

Yes. That's it exactly. It's promising God to raise the child in him. Much like circumcision was in the OT.

Dec 19, 2009
Lets finish it right. The only Biblical baptism is the baptism of believers who are or become believers at the time that they are baptised..
I think the reason some people believe in infant baptism is that they fear their child might go to hell if they die before they get baptized.