Billy Graham Daily Devotional August 18, 2017- Where Is Your Treasure??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 16, 2017
[h=1]Topic: Where Is Your Treasure??[/h]
Scripture: Lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven . . .
—Matthew 6:20​
[h=2]Billy Graham Daily Devotional[/h]
Many young people are building their lives on the rock of materialism. I find across the country a deep economic discontent among people in every walk of life. People want more and more things.

They forget that we are enjoying the highest standard of living the world has ever known. We still have poverty, and hundreds of agencies are trying to do something about it, but we are dissatisfied.

We want more, more, more. But Jesus said, “You cannot serve God and money.” He said that a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things that he possesses. Adolf Berle, in his study of power, points out that riches often make people solitary and lonely and, of course, afraid.

Many times a rich man knows loneliness and fear because when he makes wealth his god, it leaves him empty. You see, without God life loses its zest and purpose and meaning.

Continue Reading ..
Billy Graham Daily Devotional

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
I consider that people have so much information to hand that they sit wanting what they see and then desire more money to get it.

Society is built to make people want and want... nowadays you can sit buying and buying in the comfort of your own home.

Many tv preachers live a jet set lifestyle and have no place to teach something they keep not...

If you hunger and those around you eat much.. you desire to eat...

The world is materialistic... built like that to keep people wanting...

i like this:

Proverbs 30

8 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:
9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.