Bird tricks

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

DRJ55

Dose any one have a bird that dose tricks? If so tell me what kind of tricks it can do.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I have a nanday conure that talks a little, laughs and mimics me speaking in the Spirit.

What does yours do?

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I have a bird feeder in my backyard and when it runs out of bird seed, wild birds (mainly sparrows) line up on the railing of my deck, stare into the window and chirp at me to bring them more bird seed. Is that considered a trick? :p

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have a bird feeder in my backyard and when it runs out of bird seed, wild birds line up on the railing of my deck, stare into the window and chirp at me to bring them more bird seed. Is that considered a trick? :p
Probably, seems they have trained you well. :)

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Probably, seems they have trained you well. :)
My wife has a friend who feeds birds in her backyard and she said birds do the same thing with her as well. :eek:

D

DRJ55

I have a bird feeder in my backyard and when it runs out of bird seed, wild birds (mainly sparrows) line up on the railing of my deck, stare into the window and chirp at me to bring them more bird seed. Is that considered a trick? :p
I would say yes.

D

DRJ55

I have a nanday conure that talks a little, laughs and mimics me speaking in the Spirit.

What does yours do?
Keep in mind that mine is still a baby. She is only 6 months old. So she can only say pretty bird, and thank you. But she can wave, give kisses, turn around, she can even go get and bring back her ball of her buttons. Which ever one you ask her to go get. She love playing fetch as in she throughs her ball and you fetch. Lol it's cute.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
If you spend lots of time with it which it looks like you do, it will learn much more. Yours is outdoing mine already.

We feed squirrels, birds, raccoons, and an occasional possum outdoors, plus feral cats. They all have their ways of letting us know they want fed.

A squirrel chewed a hole in one of our rooms trying to get corn out of the cage. That's when we started feeding them.

All animals have such great personalities.

D

Depleted

I used to take smoke-breaks outside the hospital. Since smokers could only go to one spot, and smoking is done right after eating, it was a favorite spot for the local sparrows too. Being a soft touch, I took to taking stale ends to loaves of bread with me to feed them. If you look carefully, they are different.

By day three, the same birds had trained me that I "needed" to bring bread every day. Roughly 50 birds, and yet the same three landed first.

Is that a bird trick like Dan's kind?

D

Depleted

What does yours do?
I've got to know. How does your husband react when you and the bird are doing the same thing? Is that why the bird laughs? lol

D

Depleted

Keep in mind that mine is still a baby. She is only 6 months old. So she can only say pretty bird, and thank you. But she can wave, give kisses, turn around, she can even go get and bring back her ball of her buttons. Which ever one you ask her to go get. She love playing fetch as in she throughs her ball and you fetch. Lol it's cute.
Six months old, and she already has you trained well. lol

M

Miri

A long time ago some relatives of ours had a mynah bird,
it copied the wife's little "clearing throat" sounds so precisely you
couldn't tell if it was her or the bird.

The best phrase though was her "cup of tea dear" voice which it copied.

Several times a day it use to say "cup of tea dear" the husband always replied yes!

We have a sneaky feeling he taught it that one. :D

D

DRJ55

If you spend lots of time with it which it looks like you do, it will learn much more. Yours is outdoing mine already.

We feed squirrels, birds, raccoons, and an occasional possum outdoors, plus feral cats. They all have their ways of letting us know they want fed.

A squirrel chewed a hole in one of our rooms trying to get corn out of the cage. That's when we started feeding them.

All animals have such great personalities.
You got that right

Feb 28, 2016
our 'bird tricks' have turned on us, we have our 'feeders' right outside of our
bedroom windows, and FIRST THING in most mornings, they 'sing' me into
awakening to their beautiful songs...I always rejoice and give Jesus the
glory to such a blessing...