blessings

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 4, 2013
What are the requirements to receive blessings according to the Word of God? Can a person be complacent and continue to expect blessings from God Almighty?

ISeeYou

Jan 8, 2015
Bless others as thereuntoyou are called that you might inherit a blessing

Mar 4, 2013
Bless others as thereuntoyou are called that you might inherit a blessing
Good input! So the questions then comes to my mind; "Do we adhere to this fact of blessing others according to God's will in order for the blessing we receive to be everlasting?" "Is it duty without faith, or is it reactions according to the faith we have received from God alone?" Define "thereuntoyou are called." Called according to what? Where do we find the directions?

Last edited:
S

sassylady

It seems in my own life if I simply do as we are commanded, bless others as you are able, bless Israel (online donating for example), you will be blessed. We cannot seek blessings and expect them. Does not seem to work that way much.

Mar 3, 2013
It seems in my own life if I simply do as we are commanded, bless others as you are able, bless Israel (online donating for example), you will be blessed. We cannot seek blessings and expect them. Does not seem to work that way much.
In your opinion, should we consider Deuteronomy 11:26-28 - spiritually, of course - as well as the surrounding scripture (for context)?
26 "See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse:
7 the blessing, if you listen to the commandments of the LORD your God, which I am commanding you today;
28 and the curse, if you do not listen to the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside from the way which I am commanding you today, by following other gods which you have not known.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
In your opinion, should we consider Deuteronomy 11:26-28 - spiritually, of course - as well as the surrounding scripture (for context)?
7 the blessing, if you listen to the commandments of the LORD your God, which I am commanding you today;
28 and the curse, if you do not listen to the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside from the way which I am commanding you today, by following other gods which you have not known.
Hi there missed you guys.....

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
What are the requirements to receive blessings according to the Word of God? Can a person be complacent and continue to expect blessings from God Almighty?
God is under absolutely no obligation to bless,...when we understand that we are in the best position to receive.

ISeeYou

Jan 8, 2015
Good input! So the questions then comes to my mind; "Do we adhere to this fact of blessing others according to God's will in order for the blessing we receive to be everlasting?" "Is it duty without faith, or is it reactions according to the faith we have received from God alone?" Define "thereuntoyou are called." Called according to what? Where do we find the directions?
Sorry about that, that should really read "thereunto" (not "thereuntoyou") but I couldnt edit it on time after I caught the words all mashing together.

So we are called there->unto or unto->(there) or as unto> blessing (not cursing) is the where unto we are called as I see it, there are more formal defintions online but I think its clear we are called unto "that".

To inherit one.

For example, blessing (and not cursing) since we are called there-unto to inherit a blessing we can see how a certain someone clothed themselves with cursing here

Psalm 109:18 As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones.

"So let it come into his bowels" is somewhat of a form such an inheritance in the cursing dept.

It appears to me that blessing over cursing (or that which enters back in) could be better somewhat better understood as to why we shouldnt do that

Because it also says,

Proverbs 18:20
A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.

Jesus speaks of what comes out of the mouth defileth the man even so the next verse it shows what power is in the tongue

Prov 18:21
Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

And so again

Proverbs 18:20 A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth

Always reminded me of this a bit

Psalm 109:18 As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels .

Here is the context of the original verse

1Peter 3:9
Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

1Peter 3:10
For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

Theres lots on the tongue in scripture, James says it defileth the whole body, as Jesus says what comes out of a man defileth the whole man, so you get this picture of what "comes out" enters back in, especially as can be seen somewhat in Psalm 109:18 even Prov 18:20

So...

God richly bless you in Christ Jesus the Lord

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2013
God is under absolutely no obligation to bless,...when we understand that we are in the best position to receive.
Do I detect an insinuation that God Almighty is no obligated to be true to His own Word?

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2013
I read that chapter yesterday and it explains God's promises of blessings very well. It all depends on our response to His infallible Word.