Bring Back That Panic Feelin: World is ending and conspiracy theories.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

iTOREtheSKY

I gots to get mah hair did!

G

GRA

I think perhaps my post was misunderstood and it appears to have been taken that I prefer to stick my head in the sand. Sorry about that.:) I forgot that I was in the forums and not on FB where many of the people of these forums know what I really do for a living and the types of sites I'm required to monitor worldwide (which is where I normally discuss this stuff with Stilly :) ). :) Please forgive me for being a bit vague.
No, honey - not that at all. I was only trying to make a point. I was not 'targeting' you specifically. I was "speaking to the crowd", with the word 'you' being used in a "general" way (anyone/everyone).

( Sorry if I did not make that clear enough. )

Remember: A quote is a quote is a quote...

I will let Stephen speak for himself - but, I am thinking he was also being "general" in his statement...

Being informed is one thing. Being paranoid is another. Circulating false intel is yet another, as far too many people don't confirm sources. Bad times are going to come. Jesus said that. Bad times have already come time and time again. God was faithful to His people through them all. He will continue to do so. :)
Yes - I agree.

:)

Aug 15, 2009
I think perhaps my post was misunderstood and it appears to have been taken that I prefer to stick my head in the sand. Sorry about that.:) I forgot that I was in the forums and not on FB where many of the people of these forums know what I really do for a living and the types of sites I'm required to monitor worldwide (which is where I normally discuss this stuff with Stilly :) ). :) Please forgive me for being a bit vague.

Being informed is one thing. Being paranoid is another. Circulating false intel is yet another, as far too many people don't confirm sources. Bad times are going to come. Jesus said that. Bad times have already come time and time again. God was faithful to His people through them all. He will continue to do so. :)

Maybe a little. I didn't believe you were misinformed, what I really didn't know was how informed you were. So I posted this not only as a way to inform you, but took the opportunity to tell others what they needed to hear. I try to carefully manage my words to bless those they were intended to, as well as anyone else reading them. I forgot about your type of work (oops, chalk it up to old-age, lol). Sorry if it bothered you :eek:. I should've known if anybody knew, you would. I didn't mean to make it sound like you had your head in the sand! You knows we'down like two flat taars, sista!! :p

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
We must all remember that God has not changed and will not be mocked. Just as the Lord delivered His word to the His servants in the scriptures, it is the same today. The scriptures are INSPIRED by the word of God. They are to be used for reproof and correction. However, remember that it is impossible to please God without faith. Faith comes by hearing the word of God. We were given the gift of the Holy Spirit to comfort us, teach us everything, and be reminded of everything that God has said to us. If one is His sheep, then that one knows His voice.

The Pharisees and scribes claimed to know God simply by study, but we know that it is not by might, nor by power, but by God's spirit... the Holy Spirit that is given to those of us that believe in the Lord Jesus and have asked for the gift that He sent to us. This is how we know our Father. He is in us and we are in Him. Just as Jesus said, "If you have seen me, you have seen the Father."

What do the scriptures show? They show us that through Christ all things are possible; that through faith in Jesus Christ and the gift of the Holy Spirit, we are able to hear God speak to us.

This is why it is possible for those that are in time pressing situations, that do not allow them to grab a bible and search through the scriptures, to hear the voice of the Lord. This is also why those that are in places that they cannot get a bible are able to quote scriptures without having them memorized or without even realizing they are doing it.

Where is your trust? In the bible or in the Spirit of God? Are we to bear witness of the bible or the Spirit of God? All things are done orderly by Him who first loved us, so the scriptures have their purpose and importance. But if we are to put our full trust in what we are able to learn and exalt the scriptures above God, then have we not turned once again to idolatry?

We must continuously humble ourselves to know that it is by what God is able to do, not what we are able to do. Then are we able to be made to be instruments of His will.

Doesn't the scriptures even teach us these things? So then, if we say that we believe in that which is written, then should we not show the evidence of it? Otherwise, we become no better than hypocrites.

If anyone lacks understanding, let them ask of God and not waver. If we waver, then we will not think that we have received anything from God.

Grace and peace be to all of you through our Lord Jesus Christ. So be it.

Last edited:
J

Jullianna

Markum, I liked what you said in one of your posts about a stirring within the Body of Christ. That's how I feel when I read about things going on in the world that make others fearful. These things do not make me afraid (because I know Who has me in His hand), but they do (and should) stir me to do more for the Kingdom of God...to share the gospel with as many people as possible.

The pot is boiling right now. There is no time for straddling fences. No time to be lukewarm. It is a time to draw closer to Him and to yield ourselves to Him. In my spirit I have been seeing something akin to a Gideon's army kinda thing. Something amazing is about to happen in the Church.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

I don't like conspiracy theory's, but i do love pre-coloumbian theory's.

1still_waters

Times of tragedy and turmoil often bring people to God.
What if folks have this all wrong?
What if the turmoil and such is the beginning of an amazing time of conversion and coming to God?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I don't believe in conspiracy theories.

I DO believe that sometimes 2 or more people work together to do something illegal.

Call that whatever.

J

Jullianna

Exactly, Stilly. It would not be the first time, would it? :)

1still_waters

Exactly, Stilly. It would not be the first time, would it? :)
Not at all...and...i'm still mulling this over..But the verse below may indicate that the nations may actually end up converted, baptized, and obedient to Jesus, due to the preaching of the Gospel......Not EVERYONE of course..but ...well..still mulling it over. Such a of time of global turmoil could turn THE NATIONS to the true God.

[SUP]19 [/SUP]Go therefore[SUP][c][/SUP] and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, [SUP]20 [/SUP]teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.[SUP][d][/SUP]

J

Jullianna

I can't speak for anyone else, but I listen for the voice of God more closely when I've completely messed things up. I hunger and long for it then more than ever, just as the Israelites did on many occasions.

I want so much for you to be right, Stilly :) However it goes down, God still wins.

1still_waters

I can't speak for anyone else, but I listen for the voice of God more closely when I've completely messed things up. I hunger and long for it then more than ever, just as the Israelites did on many occasions.I want so much for you to be right, Stilly :) However it goes down, God still wins.
That's when we need to learn his will the most.
And he invites us to the throne of grace in our time of need.
A time of need is when we messed up.
If we didn't mess up, we wouldn't need a throne of grace to approach.

Aug 2, 2009
I think that most people who believe in lots of conspiracy theories have one thing in common...
deep-rooted psychosis. o_o

J

Jullianna

If I'm being honest, Gabe, I see a certain amount of selfishness when I read some such theories. People who are more concerned about what is going to happen to them and theirs than they are those on the road to hell. If someone really believes, why not get out there and share Jesus rather than fear?

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
I made a 20 minute video about this thread but then I was like, Pfft... No one is going to watch a 20 minute video about conspiracy theory thread on CC.

Not gonna happen.

Besides... essentially the gist of the Video was that I don't care who shot JFK any more than I care about who shot JR.

J

jerusalem

scientists and creationists agree on this one thing. the earth has an expiration date. it will not last forever as a place for humankind to live. both are seeking the solution to the certainty of extinction. interestingly even science has now turned to the supernatural as a solution. they are currently seeking an extradimensional escape route as a possible solution. intelligent design is the accepted norm in scientific communities worldwide. every aspect of current scientific thought turns more and more to the teachings of the religeous community since this is the case they should also be investigating the validity of the warnings that have been given through these teachings instead they are essentially throwing all caution to the wind as they delve deeper and deeper into things they do not understand disregarding every bit of documented evidence left by our predesessors who not only left the evidence of their vast scientific and technological skills behind but left the evidence of their demise as well. let all who rely on science as their god and guide be warned by this.....those who went before you with the same mindset and world view ultimately destroyed themselves. if you won't take warning from the religous community take warning from these. then when you have no where left to turn because those like you failed to take this sound advice. come to those that are the keepers of the knowledge that can finally save you at last. their are no atheists in foxholes