"...but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin."

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 12, 2015
Ecclesiastes 8.11-13

[SUP]11 [/SUP]Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, therefore the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil. [SUP]12 [/SUP]Although a sinner does evil a hundred times and may lengthen his life, still I know that it will be well for those who fear God, who fear Him openly. [SUP]13 [/SUP]But it will not be well for the evil man and he will not lengthen his days like a shadow, because he does not fear God.
Everyone loves an apt reply! :)

D

Depleted

Well now....that seems to be the case hey........God will not at all acquit the wicked.....and the verses I referenced are indeed biblical......

God will not be MOCKED.....MEN will reap what they SOW.....sounds like giving them rope to me.......!
Okay, so what I'm asking is something like this:
There is an evil cow in the herd. (Do not ask me what an evil cow is like. No idea. Haven't been around cows much. lol) The cow is roped, but the rope is 25 miles long. So, the cow is free to do whatever it likes, while the rest of the herd is terrified of it, or amazed by it.

A wild-eyed calf watches the cow in amazement. The little fellow watches the evil cow gore other cows, trample the ones under its feet, and push the other cows away from the good grass it wants. Wild-eyed calf is impressed, and wants to grow up to be just like that.

Now, if the cow is hog-tied, disciplined, or punished, the calf thinks the price isn't worth it. But, since the evil cow is able to do what it does for the rest of his life, even with the rope, Wild-eyed Calf grows up to be the next bully bull!

It's kind of the reason I think the Death Sentence works. It only deters the murderer by ending his/her life, but a whole bunch of would-be murderers think twice before murdering. No, the Death Sentence won't stop all the would-bes from becoming murderers, but it cuts down on the amount who will. (Also, why it's open season for cops now. No death penalty so why not kill a cop?)

D

Depleted

i know. especially when Amy comes home with some of the stories she does from work.
yesterday it was a case she caught of sex-trafficking in a nearby city. :(

yet God says He works all things according to the counsel of His will. and He says

Remember this and stand firm,
recall it to mind, you transgressors,
remember the former things of old;
for I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me,
declaring the end from the beginning
and from ancient times things not yet done,
saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,
and I will accomplish all my purpose,’
calling a bird of prey from the east,
the man of my counsel from a far country.
I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass;
I have purposed, and I will do it. (Is 46:8-11)

are those verses out of context in this situation? perhaps someone will correct me.
till then, it's my job to believe Him. not an easy task at times, is it?

The Lord has made everything for its purpose,
even the wicked for the day of trouble.
Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord;
be assured, he will not go unpunished. (Prov 16:4-5)
Nope. Definitely not out of context. I think I may be the kid who wants Daddy to move faster. :eek:

Feb 28, 2016
nmo,

there's a very 'long-line-formed', right now...:rolleyes::), it just shows, proves to us,
Who is in control...may all of us who are waiting, 'walk in our Saviour's Light'...