Calling all elders that has FAITH.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

unclefester

In my simple opinion I believe the FAITH is the issue here. The prayer is done, but the saving was not done. The lord DID NOT RAISE HIM UP. Oh they also did not annoint with oil!
God chooses what He chooses ... and does what He does ... for His purpose and His deserved glory. Faith brings us to rest and trust in Christ completely Cobus ... regardless of our circumstances.

Colossians 3:2-4King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]2 [/SUP]Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Phil Driscoll - I Exalt Thee - YouTube

notuptome

May 17, 2013
What am I missing? This guy is a nice guy and goes to a couple different churches. Has he ever made a profession of having trusted Jesus for his salvation? That is far more important than his physical issues. If he has received Christ as his Saviour then we may be inquiring as to if or why God is trying him. If he is unsaved nice guy or not God may bring tribulation to draw him to the Saviour. If he is saved God may bring tribulation to draw him closed to the Saviour. Consider Heb 12:6-11 It is the goodness of God that leads men to repentance.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Feb 17, 2010
Paul is not me Lord, but I have to admie what God did through him... Paul had ONE THORN and now all of us has a thousand. Even when Paul asked God to remove the thorn, GOD STILL ANSWERED WITH A YES.... God said, my grace is sufficient for thee... At least God said why his yes is on grace....

What amazes me is people quickly compare themselves to Paul and his words when it goes to the negetive side, but why do they NEVER compare the HEALINGS, the RAISING THE DEAD, The communication with God, the powerful teachings, Paul did.

Where is a person that at least did 10% of the healings Paul did. Oh I can find millions that has a thorn in the flesh, and GOD NOT RESPONDING AT ALL... NOT EVEN with the words... My grace is suffisientt, for my... Which of these thornbearers here on CC talks to God, and god answers like he did to Paul?

And is the VERSE of James true or not... I f there is a ick and he calls the Elders over, CAN THEY HEAL HIM or not? If NOT, then that verse should be scrapped from the Bible. What is the use of Faith if there is NO WORKS? And did we settle for the faith without works? I will NOT! I will nagg God until he says YES! I believe that Jesus did this... This was also prophecied... Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses...

And did Jesus not say... Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

These are the people I was looking for here on CC. I will not shift the blame for not doing even a single work of Jesus onto God. it is the lack of faith on my part that I cannot heal my friend. God has NOTHING to do with it. If God did have something to do with it, he would have had the most perfect knee on this planet... That is my problem, I cannt get God to do something about the knee....

It is only because HE DOES NOT HEAR MY PRAYER. I lack faith, I just hope God will provide me with the faoth Jesus talks about in John 14:12... Then God will also heal people like He did with Jesus and Paul and many others. Healing is the easiest miricle for God, he just gives WELNESS, because Jesus took all our infirmities and sicknesses on HIM!

If we do not get it, we lack FAITH. Biblical correct....There is a thousand to one ratio of healng and non healing in the Word of God. But with us, it is million to one the other way? I wonder why?

Feb 17, 2010
Hattie what is more honouring to God... Cobus admitting he has not enough faith, or saying GOD works in ways Cobus cannot uderstand. Full knowing the verse in James that says GOD SHALL RISE THE SICK...

And if somebody loose their faith in God becasue they did not have faith what did they loose? I do not understnad the reasoning with the posts.... God says if the elders pray in faith HE SHALL RISE the sick... That means there is no boubt... If the elders have faith that person will be healed... PERIOD... God does not lie... but elders DO if they fail. And so does the other "Christians".

Do not blame God for your mishaps... I understand death. I had a friend that did not fight cancer, he just went... But boy was he ready...

Did the elders annoint your dad and did they pray for him... It is not the sick person that must have faith, it is the ELDERS.. Read James AGIAN... Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
Jas 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

GOD DOES NOT LIE.... the prayer of faith SHALL SAVE THE SICK... WHERE ARE THESE ELDERS TODAY?

L

livingepistle

Ok we are CC. So what are we? Are we a bunch of lost souls CLAIMING to be Christians, or ARE we Christians and FAITHFUL…

Here is my problem… The best person I know is an English speaking house removator here in George. He goes to several churches, and he is well known throughout this town, as a GOOD MAN. He can play excelent golf and his handicap is never higher thatn a two. He is 58 years old and has a very gentle spirit.

In the whole town’s books Neil is a pretty “good Christian”. I love the man, and I really enjoy his honesty…

So here goes, let us here on CC solve this with GOD’S WORD, not our own interpretation there-of. This man all of a sudden has a growth on his knee that is very painful. Apperently the bone growed to make up for damaged cartledge.

Hey if God can raise the dead, how easy is it to heal a knee? So now Neil prayed for God to heal the knee. This did not happen, and now he is going for an operation, so now He ask God to bless the surgeon and the knife…. WHY? If God did not hear him for the healing, why would God hear him for the operation to be a success? I mean the othr friend of ours had the operation, and HE IS IN HELL. Infections, rejections and the knee is worse than before… So what do we do now?

This is my problem with the churches… The elders are USELESS! They do not have FAITH! I see God says if the elders pray with FAITH, God WILL heal the sick, and he will even clean the SHEET!!!

Where are these churches that has elders of this caliber?

James 5:14 and 15. Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: ….And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

In my simple opinion I believe the FAITH is the issue here. The prayer is done, but the saving was not done. The lord DID NOT RAISE HIM UP. Oh they also did not annoint with oil!
The Scripture I believe fits this moment is found in the book of Matthew:

Matthew 7:5 ESV
You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Why don't You Heal Him. He is your golfing buddy. Where is your faith? You blame the Church while touting and resisting all interpretation of the Bible but your own. Not only the Church but the Church Elders :rolleyes:

Does the Word of God apply to you also Cobus? :confused:

Everyone at the CC, stand back and let Cobus heal his own friend.
:cool:

To the Saints at the CC:

We are the body of Christ. Not all of us have the same gifts of the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:28] And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. 29] Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? 30] Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? 31] But covet earnestly the best gifts...