Can someone...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
But the point I was getting at was, while it's perfectly normal to pray for healing, there is no example of someone giving the gift of healing to themselves. It always requires a third party intercessor.

So, given that a Holy gift of healing requires an intercessor, could satan afflict someone by separating them from any and all potential intercessors?
First off sir, it is not a gift of healing, it is a right given to the children of God. God does give the gift of healing to some, but for most of us, it is done by faith in God and His word/promises.
Second, you don't have to have another person to get your healing. I have laid my hands on parts of my body for healing many times, by commanding the healing to take place in my body. I first seek God to find out what I did wrong, then I repent. After that, I don't bother asking, I arrest the source then I command healing to take place in my body quoting the word of God. Now, if I were to tell you that I have gotten healed every time I did this, I would be lying.

P

piper27

Good, good, all good answers and taken to heart. And you are right, those of you who said you can't just lay hands on someone, there has to be a partnership with the Holy Spirit. Some think the Spirit must be leading, but it is wrong to see someone in suffering and call upon the Spirit move into the situation and bring a gift of healing? But the point I was getting at was, while it's perfectly normal to pray for healing, there is no example of someone giving the gift of healing to themselves. It always requires a third party intercessor.

So, given that a Holy gift of healing requires an intercessor, could satan afflict someone by separating them from any and all potential intercessors?
YES!! Partnership with the Holy Spiri.
Here's another thought, a person can get healed without planting God’s Word in their heart. It comes through the prayers of others with the gifts of healing(intorcessors) (1 Cor. 12:9), but it is not God’s best.
We should never be too proud to ask for help, but the proper way to get healed is to take God’s promises of healing and plant them in our hearts until they release their life-giving power into our physical bodies.

What are some of Gods promises of healing?

Malachi 4:2, "But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings."
Matthew 8:17: "That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias [Isaiah] the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses."
(and many more)

Just a thought, if we took these promises as true, could we not partake in this gift for ourselves?
What do you think?

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I think you're absolutely right. But I'm still not painting the right picture for you. Over time, and again recently, I have seen people who obviously need help, yet there is no one to / who will step forward and be the intercessor. And when another poster talked about can you baptize yourself, it got me thinking just how much can we do for ourselves, and what do those who have no one to intercede for them do when they have a need that requires one? I mean, we may think some odd, or creepy, or not our type, or whatever; but could that imaging not be part of satans plan to make sure none of us get close enough to free that person?

God's whole plan was that we pull together, and that in the sharing of the gifts He gives us their power is multiplied. Let's not forget those who for whatever reason have no one to share them with, and intercede on their behalf to bring them those blessings.

P

piper27

I think you're absolutely right. But I'm still not painting the right picture for you. Over time, and again recently, I have seen people who obviously need help, yet there is no one to / who will step forward and be the intercessor. And when another poster talked about can you baptize yourself, it got me thinking just how much can we do for ourselves, and what do those who have no one to intercede for them do when they have a need that requires one? I mean, we may think some odd, or creepy, or not our type, or whatever; but could that imaging not be part of satans plan to make sure none of us get close enough to free that person?

God's whole plan was that we pull together, and that in the sharing of the gifts He gives us their power is multiplied. Let's not forget those who for whatever reason have no one to share them with, and intercede on their behalf to bring them those blessings.
Exactly. What is the scripture that says ' forsake not the gathering of believers', and so many others.
Ecc, 'a 3 strand cord is not easily broken.' - I wouldn't want to take this out of context, but the meaning is the same with people. We are always stronger when we are supported. Satan would surely use the plan of division to keep believers from walking in the knowledge of their full authority.

Gods plan is that we pull together; the strength of more than one builds our faith! God bless

Aug 15, 2009

1 Samuel 30:1-6 [SUP]1 [/SUP]And it came to pass, when David and his men were come to Ziklag on the third day, that the Amalekites had invaded the south, and Ziklag, and smitten Ziklag, and burned it with fire; [SUP]2 [/SUP]And had taken the women captives, that were therein: they slew not any, either great or small, but carried them away, and went on their way. [SUP]3 [/SUP]So David and his men came to the city, and, behold, it was burned with fire; and their wives, and their sons, and their daughters, were taken captives. [SUP]4 [/SUP]Then David and the people that were with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep. [SUP]5 [/SUP]And David's two wives were taken captives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the wife of Nabal the Carmelite. [SUP]6 [/SUP]And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.

I suppose if I can encourage myself in the Lord, I can pray for myself as well. We actually don't know how David encouraged himself and the Lord. But knowing David, prayer and worship was part of his daily routine.

Z

Zee_Zelot

I healed myself by going to the Great Physician and it wasn't a phyical healing that I needed.

Matthew 9:12 KJV

But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

john832

May 31, 2013
...heal themselves?
An old memory scripture...

Psa 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Psa 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

J

jerusalem

2 Ki. 13:14 now Elisha was suffering from the illness from which he died........there is a lot that we can do to facilitate the healing of ourselves and others from every manner of infirmity. helping to build another's faith is key of course but even the facilitators are ultimately relying on God for the actual healing and eventually all must die.....even he healers