Can You Actually KNOW?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

LovePink

Deactivated upon user request
Dec 13, 2013
This subject is why it is vitally important to know who you are in the body of Christ. And our identity before God the Father. God instructs us, by the apostle of our ministry "the ministry of reconciliation" to rightly divide the word of truth. This method of approach helps us, by the teaching of the Holy Spirit to see the distinctions God has put in the inspired words & preserved arrangement of the books in the Bible for our learning, so we can get the profit out of Scripture and sound doctrine. There is a form to how God wants us to build that house of doctrine in our inner man. It starts with the gospel of our salvation and the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, read Ephesians 3

" Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

Read Philippians & Colossians, great books for instruction, knowledge, edification & encouragement. That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

The righteousness of God is by the faith of Christ, trust in His completed work plus nothing else for your soul salvation. Then workout your own salvation, this being the "renewing of your mind" according to our identity. Salvation of the mind is daily duty, for our maturation unto a perfect man. This work begins now as a preparation for eternity. Our edification is a process, not our sanctification. But, don't take my word for it of course, study to shew thyself approved " But*let every man prove his*own*work, and then shall*he have*rejoicing in himself* alone, and not in another" Consider what I say, and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

Not for that we have dominion over*your*faith, but are*helpers*of*your*joy: for by faith ye stand.

Dec 12, 2013
The more I learn the less likely it seems that a person can ever know(and be right) that they will be saved in the end. It seems that it really depends on how you finish and it seems to be beyond simply trusting in Christ. Faith until the end is essential, however being in the state many of us find ourselves(that is to say, "works in progress"--much needing to be corrected) how do we know we will eventually meet the criteria laid out in the bible?

Some schools of thought find assurance in "perseverance of the saints," referencing texts such as "(Php 1:6) Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:"

Some schools of thought will tell me exactly what I'm asking. "You can never know."

Other schools of thought find assurance in speaking in tongues or baptism.

Others just "know that they know" and can "feel" that they will be saved.

I am not trying to dig a rabbit hole by mentioning these other views but just wanted to show some different examples. I make no statement on the validity of either view. I simply don't know.

Must we just trust that we will be saved in order to be saved? Trusting that although it seems impossible at times, that if we keep believing that somehow someway God can make the impossible possible?

I can think of nothing more amazing than having true and correct assurance. I imagine it would produce such peace and fruit in your life, and a gratitude that would change you. I've come close before. And when I was closest to grasping that assurance major trials sprung up left and right.

I'll be upfront and state that as usual this is a selfishly motivated post but I hope somebody out there can be edified by any answers this thread might receive.

Thank you. :)
Read Ecclesiastes 3:14 which states clearly that everything God does (including saving you) is eternal, nothing added or nothing taken away from it. There is no true peace in works, as like you said in so many words, that you never can really know if you have done enough not to mention the numerous scriptures (IN CONTEXT) that teach that it is not about our works, but rather the work that was accomplished by Christ on the cross. Salvation is based upon HIS PERFECT, COMPLETE, ETERNAL FAITH!