can you be perfict on this earth

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 15, 2013
Yea but the bible said the Job was perfict and God him self said that he was twice in the book of Job. Then you havr king Asa who was perfict even though he didnt tear down the groves in high places. So even in the flesh he was seen by God as perfict.
Job was blameless and which means that his sins God had understood and forgave them all. The laws required if anyones are living in sin should be put to death or cast away and or they suppose to sacrifice and animal from their flock for forgiveness (requesting for a grace period to redeem themselves), but they didn't. But Job had use an animal sacrifice from his flock for he had known that they weren't going to do that, but he had love them and didn't want them to be harmed and God had understood but God had to make sure that everyone must keep the laws, even Him.

May 15, 2013
Then why did Jesus tell the woman go and sin no more. Or why dose he not tell us try to be like me. It would seem that the tone of the bible is stateing that it is posable. No where have I read try to be perfict
Matthew 19:17“Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

Matthew 5:28
But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Ephesians 5:27
and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.

Revelation 3:18
I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

Revelation 16:15
“Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed.”

Revelation 7:14
I answered, “Sir, you know.” And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Not in this Age that we will be clean, but the next. But Christ cover our sins because we are going to fail to the end of this Age, but when He castaway sin into the lake, then we will be clean.

mystic7

Jul 27, 2013
I don't think it was meant to be literall, we can never be perfect but sure as heck can try right? LOL that was a joke, but yes we can try but only for the right reason or else we can never be even close to it. I mean the Pharasees tried so very hard to be perfect and they did a good job on the outside but the problem was their heart were wrong. the key to being perfect? A god loving heart. other wise you end up like the pharasees
Perfection in the lord is spiritual,one needs to read the whole context of the chapter to understand the lords statement "Be ye Perfect......."for it was a commandment.Basically to be "Perfect in the Lord" is:James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Jul 26, 2013
Yes, one can be perfect on this earth. To love your neighbor as yourself is fulfillment of ALL the law.

O

onoma

Col. 2:10. And ye are complete in Him, Which is the head off all principality and power.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
We, in and of ourselves are not perfect in the sense of being sinless not even for a moment. We are robed with Christ's righteousness so that even our 'best' good works, though tainted with sin, are seen as 'perfect' on account of CHRIST AND NOT US., always. Even in heaven/eternity though no longer with sinful baggage we still will give Him praise forever for He is RIGHTEOUS and no glory will go to us...THANK GOD!!!

C

Cino

No person on earth will ever be perfect because we are in the flesh and have the characteristics of the flesh. Jesus said be holy as I am holy. We STRIVE for perfection, but we fail every day and this is why we need to repent daily and ask God for forgiveness. No man will be perfect until he is transformed into a new spirit and gone into Heaven in the presence of God. The Bible says ALL have fallen short of the glory of God, and the ALL man's righteousness is as filthy rags to God. Jesus Christ was the one and ONLY one that was perfect without sin.