Capital punishment for or against ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 14, 2013
That's not what Jesus said - Jesus said that "today you will be with me in paradise". Jesus is God - He can be in more than one place at a time. Look at the Holy Spirit for an example of this - He indwells every believer.

Good question. Perhaps our spirits being with Jesus isn't enough, and we should have physical bodies also. I'm not sure.

Note the both the wicked and the good people spirit goes back to God
[h=3]Ecclesiastes 3[/h]King James Version (KJV

[SUP]19 [/SUP]For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
[SUP]21 [/SUP]Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Hmmm animals also have a spirit God word is sweettttttttttttttt

I

inthewind

john 5

[SUP]28 [/SUP]Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

[SUP]29 [/SUP]And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

The thief di not go to heaven but awaits the resurection just like everyone else

Acts 24

[SUP]13 [/SUP]Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:
[SUP]15 [/SUP]And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

[SUP]16 [/SUP]And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void to offence toward God, and toward men.

[SUP]1 Corinthians[/SUP]

[SUP]1[/SUP] Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
[SUP]2[/SUP] By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
[SUP]3[/SUP] For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
[SUP]4[/SUP] And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
[SUP]5[/SUP] And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
[SUP]6[/SUP] After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
[SUP]7[/SUP] After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
[SUP]8[/SUP] And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
[SUP]9[/SUP] For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
[SUP]10[/SUP] But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
[SUP]11[/SUP] Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.
[SUP]12[/SUP] Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
[SUP]13[/SUP] But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
[SUP]14[/SUP] And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
[SUP][/SUP]
[SUP][/SUP]
[SUP]Yo brother, I am just trying to reinterate what I believe you are saying and that which I believe also. [/SUP]

M

Miriam

I am definitely against it. First of all, it's God's right to take or give life. As we don't chose to be born, we shouldn't chose neither to die.
Secondly, we shall consider that murderers have a soul too. They interact and they murder because they haven't found a balance of peace and hope. They are the "product of the society and life-experiences. We should help them. They are destroyed people. Destroyed by other people. WHO do you think is guilty? The ones who made murderers become murderers or simply the murderers. Also, the American System of Laws may fail. It happened for many times. And it will happen for many times.
Lastly, I believe in forgiveness. Killing guilty men won't bring you back the ones you lost. Revenge does not help. It makes you feel better on the moment, but then, you leave having regrets. Think about the punishment. Isn't it enough the deprivation of liberty and the regrets of the man's?
We don't have the power to decide the death of a person because we are always lead by feelings as anger or revenge. And those feelings aren't divine and they upset God. :)
My solution is to lock those people for life and to oblige them to take part in some programs such as Reeducation and Rehabilitation. Love will change them.