catholic church sex scandals

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 18, 2010
Of course, one of the worst things about sexual abuse in churches is that the organisation will continue to go on regardless of what is done to deal with the specific situation, in that sense the perpetrators are beyond the reach of the law and that is what is most disgusting to people, especially the decent members of the church in question.

I think this is what has angered people about the reports on the catholic church abuse, not so much that it happened because sadly we all know abuse does happen, it is more the fact that a crime that is already treated with too much leniency was hardly punished at all, instead financial settlements were made, offences were covered up and perpetrators went unpunished.....and when it all came out the Pope says sorry and that is suppose to mean something. :confused:
precisely,

O

oopsies

One of the worst things about the media coverage of these things is they report it as 'catholic church sexual abuse'....and everyone watching thinks catholics are all perverts.....that is obviously wrong and it happens a lot with politics, one sex scandal for a democrat or a republican and suddenly people start saying they are all seeing prostitutes.

I treat the news like legend.....somewhere in there is a grain of the truth :p the rest is just exaggeration best ignored.
You said it best. This is the point I'm trying to get across. I'm sure there are many good Christians who are part of the RCC. However, I'm also sure there are many who claim to be Christians but really aren't. But just because of a few people who do wrong, the label shouldn't be extended to the rest.

M

Matthew

But just because of a few people who do wrong, the label shouldn't be extended to the rest.
I get that....just like all us chefs don't swear like Gordon Ramsey :D even though we'd sometimes like too. :p