Change only one word in the sentence.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
slave:

While it is true that none of us should ever be ashamed of the name of Jesus - and, I can see clearly that your sentence intends to honor our Lord by virtue of "Jesus' Red" - [ the shedding of ] His Blood - being "the best, sweet news" - the Gospel -- somehow I am still a little uncomfortable with us "throwing the name of Jesus around" in a thread that is, for the most part, supposed to be a lets-be-silly-and-have-fun kind of thread.
"...and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." (Colossians 3:16-17)...

You can use whatever words you want, but I don't follow your feelings, I follow His wishes, and I am one of the funniest guys you'll meet. It's God's gift
:)....just, apparently not to you.

Jesus' Red, is the best sweet news.

G

GaryA

"...and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." (Colossians 3:16-17)...

You can use whatever words you want, but I don't follow your feelings, I follow His wishes, and I am one of the funniest guys you'll meet. It's God's gift
:)....just, apparently not to you.

Jesus' Red, is the best sweet news.
I understand what you are saying; yet, I still do not think that it holds true as a 'literal' interpretation in every case.

Would it have been appropriate for preacher4truth to have posted:

"Jesus is a fruit and nut job."

?

No, of course not...

I regret that you were / are offended.

My decision stands. ( It is my thread, so... )

G

GaryA

The verses in Colossians 3 you referred to - in the context of the passage - are talking about what-and-the-way it ought to be in our hearts and minds -- not every sentence that comes out of our mouths...

( Yes -- what is in our hearts and minds should certainly guide what comes out of our mouths. )

slave

Mar 20, 2015
Shall we make fun of Jesus...??? :eek: :confused:
My name means God is my judge. And I used to be afraid of that...now I delight in it. Why? Because I never make fun of Jesus ever! For if I did I would be making fun of myself. Hey, I'll tell you what, let's let you run this thread, and I will let you...start a new "funny" that makes your emotions happy. This is one of those disputable things that Scripture talks about not being worth it. You are interrupting other peoples chance to enjoy this, so start whatever sentence you want..

Last edited:

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Aw comeon fellers don't let it get ya down :)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Stop derailing the thread...

Please.. :)

The verses in Colossians 3 you referred to - in the context of the passage - are talking about what-and-the-way it ought to be in our hearts and minds -- not every sentence that comes out of our mouths...

( Yes -- what is in our hearts and minds should certainly guide what comes out of our mouths. )

G

GaryA

I am letting slave have the last word on this "issue" ( assuming he lets it drop here-and-now ) - and consider it 'settled'.

Please continue with the thread game.

Current sentence:

Everyone is a fruit and a nut.

G

GaryA

Everyone likes a fruit and a nut.

G

GaryA

Everyone picks a bolt and a nut.

G

GaryA

A bolt and a nut for everyone.

G

GaryA

A bolt and a nut for sale.

G

GaryA

I know those last two sentences may not be considered a proper complete sentence, but do you see what I am getting at?

Let us not get stuck in the rut of replacing the same word with every word we can think of -- continually make the sentence go in a different direction -- contantly changing...

Change it up!

:)

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Lol edited cause I was too slow and am gonna confuse someone. Carry on :p

G

GaryA

Bolt from a nut sale.
Darlene - the current word count is 7. You need to change [ exactly ] one word, and [ optionally ] change the word order to make your sentence.