Christian Metal

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TDWP22

Christian Metal, what are your views???

I Don't take opinions. if you have an argument please back it up with the Bible ...If you do not know about christian metal bands and what they do, please do some research before you answer

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
There are people who say Metal is wrong coz of its origin. But from what I know, the devil is no creator, He doesn't know how to create anything, he just copies stuff and tries to put confusion in it.

B

BellaFlor

Well, this is only some of my opinions coming now. ;) This is something of the same as the lead vocalist from the Christian metal band Extol said; "There is nothing wrong with the music in it's self, it is more the intentions and thoughts behind when making music that tells most what influences it comes with, whether it is bad or good". It might not be word for word on how he told it, but I beleive it is some of the same explanation in it.

I also think it is very vague when people take up bible verses about metal/rock music being bad since we are not meant to being of the world. Same it should be said about Worship artists/bands as St. Rebecca James, Hillsong, Iona, etc... Then any made Christian music shouldn't be allowed listening to, not only the genre rock/metal. 'Cause everything might have come from bad origin, as someone in this forum once told some others that the origin of Gospel Music is from bad origin, in the beginning this was most about worshipping other spirits etc.... I do beleive that as long as music builds you up in a good way, especially making you stronger in God, it is blessed and seen as good also in God's eyes. What counts most is the heart behind it. :)

Also keep in mind that a lot of music that might have started bad, if someone is in God and wants to make something through same direction as in this genre of music, then something very good can come out from something that was very bad before. It is as in bad life experiences for some people going through a lot of pain, many of them might be used by God to be helping other people. Despite the fact of that they might have suffered a lot, God can still use their bad experiences for becoming a great help and blessing for others.

Last edited:
B

BeauBLESSED

I really dig 'Dez Moines' by The Devil Wears Prada!

"Take all your medals, take all your ribbons, take all your awards, take them back to the GROUND!"

I

inallhonesty6541

I really dig 'Dez Moines' by The Devil Wears Prada!

"Take all your medals, take all your ribbons, take all your awards, take them back to the GROUND!"
Ah man, I love that song! The lyrics are amazing

B

BeauBLESSED

Ah man, I love that song! The lyrics are amazing
Agreed! Truth be told I could never comprehend them until I took up the vocal part on Guitar Hero... that was quite a caper.

T

tomcat2012

I'm really into christian metal, I won't name too many bands because I have a lot, but some of my favorites are For Today, The Devil Wears Prada, Hands, Impending Doom, A Plea For Purging, August Burns Red, Inhale Exhale, etc. etc. :)

J

Joshua175

I know God doesn't want me to listen to Metal whether it be Christian or not. I asked him one day whether or not it's okay to listen to it and to speak to me through the bible. I opened it up randomly and opened right to "Abstain from all appearance of evil." That's all I needed. Do these Christian Metal bands have the appearance of evil? It didn't take long for me to put that together. It's by the name of Jesus we are saved. How can Any music be Christian or be worthy of being called Christian if It doesn't have CHRIST? No Christ, No Christianity. No Christ, No Christian music.

Matthew 10:16 "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."

T

TheJesusFreak

I dont listen to Scremo period but that is just my personal choice.

I like some hardish rock and pop though like Newsboys (Pop) and Skillet (Rock)

Well they do have christ in the lyrics!

I personally beleive they are a great way to start relating to nonchrisitans and to show them the fathers light.

I

inallhonesty6541

I know God doesn't want me to listen to Metal whether it be Christian or not. I asked him one day whether or not it's okay to listen to it and to speak to me through the bible. I opened it up randomly and opened right to "Abstain from all appearance of evil." That's all I needed. Do these Christian Metal bands have the appearance of evil? It didn't take long for me to put that together. It's by the name of Jesus we are saved. How can Any music be Christian or be worthy of being called Christian if It doesn't have CHRIST? No Christ, No Christianity. No Christ, No Christian music.

Matthew 10:16 "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."
Well I guess that's really an opinion...
Who of us is to say exactly what evil "looks like"? When I look at Christian metal bands I don't see evil, I see musicians who are dedicated to God and who are reaching out to a different crowd to spread God's word to others. If the way they look and sound is "evil" to you, then sure, don't listen to them, but I think they are extremely admirable people for spreading God's word in a unique way.

W

WebsiteDeniedMeUsername

It seems confusing. I saw the video to Demon Hunter's "Collapsing" and the lyrics seemed very dark and if I remember correctly he mentioned death of something and burning. Is that what all Christian Metal bands sing about or growl about? I don't have anything against the genre at all, just curious about their themes.

I

inallhonesty6541

Some Christian Metal-core lyrics. Give them a read and let me know if it's still evil.

Arm the Masses by ForToday: About rising up and standing for God in a horribly twisted world

Arm the masses!
For too long, we have lived like captives
Now we fight for freedom
Arm the masses!
Arm the masses!

Godless generation, turn around!
Turn your face away

The weapon I hold separates soul from spirit
The weapon I hold is the Word of the Living God
What the eternal One has spoken, He will do

The front lines are littered with the bodies of the unarmed
The front lines are littered with the bodies...
So, take your weapon! The time has come for the brave to rise up
Take your weapon! The enemy comes to destroy your vision

The time has come! Take your sword and fight
The time has come for Truth to rise
The time has come! Take your sword and fight

Truth is all we have in a world of deception
Defiant, I rise
Alive again and equipped with just one weapon
Defiant, I fight
He is eternal and supreme in victory
Defiant, I will stand,
And bow before no one but the living King who holds the world in His hands

Are you the one who will stand up to a corrupt world system?
Are you the one who will stand and fight, now is the time, rise against them
Are you the one who will stand up to a corrupt world system?
Are you the one who will stand and fight, now is the time, rise against them
Are you the one?
Are you the one? Stand up!

Reveries of Flight by Oh, Sleeper: Opens with a man questioning God and his methods. Lyrics with quotations are God's response

A sound ahead from distant peaks,
a song that all my brothers sing.
It's just out of reach,
to join i would need the wings the heaven denied me.
Its like your deaf to my voice,
but i've been here for every moment,
waiting on your call to move.
If you could just make a choice,
I know you would find me wanting only to be close to you.
"You keep denying my lead!
Because i've tried, i've never pulled back my reach,
and i've stayed and i've died, but you keep looking for me
where I'm not. I wont be just where you want me to be.
You've got to believe and just trust that I can be everything"
Its like your deaf to my voice
"but i'm not!"
but i've been here for every moment
"and i've fought"
waiting on your call to move
"just call to move"
if you could just make a choice
"oh i have"
i know you would find me wanting
"I just want..."
only to be close to you
"all of you."
If you would just try and let (me) pry all your grips on worries,
I would come alive in your life and let you find the flight you're longing.

The Escape Artist by August Burns Red

Open your closed mind
Close your open mouth
You're pushing more than you're pulling

Every word that you say passes through my ears
Before it even escapes your lips
No one learns from someone they hate.
Your mouth is like a grenade, blowing everyone away.
How many have you pushed away? And How many have you saved?
Pick and choose
Based on our faiths
When it's all in the heart that carries rage
Don't judge
until you've taken it all in.
Cause in the end you'll pray to stay above the flames

Open your closed mind
And close your open mouth
You're pushing more than you are pulling

Mar 13, 2010
I think music is defined by it content rather than style, There is nothing wrong with the metal genre, nor any other genre of music, everything should be used for the good of Christianity,

J

Jimmy47

I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with christian metal. If the music sounds awesome then that's all that matters to me because after all it's just music. Music itself can't do any harm.

T

TDWP22

It seems confusing. I saw the video to Demon Hunter's "Collapsing" and the lyrics seemed very dark and if I remember correctly he mentioned death of something and burning. Is that what all Christian Metal bands sing about or growl about? I don't have anything against the genre at all, just curious about their themes.
Demon Hunter already said what the whole album was about. They said it talks about the world and how sometimes it affects us

V

Vittoria

God is not limited in what He uses or what He can do. I think it truly is personal preference. I personally listen to Christian metal. The lyrics minister to me and the music soothes me. I wouldn't bash anyone who thought differently, but I'd appreictae it if they respected me as well. hehe

T

TDWP22

Through experiences and what the holy spirit taught me. i can tell you that christian metal isnt something christians should listen to. i cant type it all because of so much information. but this is a video you should watch YouTube - John Todd a former Illuminatist: (The Purpose of the Charismatic Movement & Rock Music) judge for yourself
thanks to my college prof who is a free mason, i know a lot bout the Illuminati, and most of are it simple assumptions and rumors

Y

yoej_ogart

Christian Metal is an AWESOME way to reach out to the Godly head bangers like myself. I love it. No disagreement. As long as they keep their integrity and intentions for Him.