Christian related movies

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Your welcome. There are a few others that used to be on my list that are good one-time watchers. I did not include them in my collection because I am not big in supporting movies that have somebody depicting Jesus or a Biblical character in some way (because some people can turn them into idol images in their minds).

Anyway, here is the list of other Christian films that are good one-time watchers:

1. Resurrection of Gavin Stone.
2. Ben Hur (remake)
3. Risen.
4. Prince of Egypt (Animated)
5. The Star (Animated).

Again, I have to caution you or any other viewer (of the above movies) that these films do not accurately represent the appearance of Jesus or God's people. We do not know what their appearance was like. So please exercise caution not to place such images in your mind in regard to what they look like in these films when you read the Bible.

Overcomer is good but it is on the lower end of my list. The camera work and production quality is top notch and the story is descent. I would recommend in seeing the following Christian films first.

1. Time Changer (Good comedy and great message).
2. Polycarp (Heart warming and inspiring as a part of the faith).
3. Play the Flute (The power of God's Word).
4. The War Within (Great acting, and special effects).
5. The Redemption of Henry Myers (Oscar winning performance, and great message).

If you want to laugh and get a good Christian message, I would recommend, "Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters." If you are looking for something more indie and yet creative, check out "77 Chances." If you want a good crazy action film with good special effects and has a good Christian message, check out Heaven's War. The acting is more like like a sub standard TV series, but it has a good message. Legacy Peak is a good drama. You will be on the edge of your seat on that one. The Biblical message is towards the end of the film. The film called "What if" is good, but I do have to warn it is by the creator of the Chosen TV series. I am not a big fan of that series for many reasons.
I'm with you on all of that. I think Mel Gibson's first movie The Passion of the Christ was the last movie depiction of Jesus that I decided to see. I can't recommend those either.

Thank you for the details on all of those.
I'll take your advice.

Jul 7, 2022
As a fellow martial artist, I think you'll appreciate that Denzel was trained by the 2 top artists/ fight choreographers in movies,...Dan Inosanto and Jeff Imada.
He takes this into his Equalizer movies too.

I've heard of the Inosanto. Mentioned in my JKD classes more than once.[/QUOTE]

👊😎🤜
Oh yeah, of course he would be.
He trained Bruce Lee in the use of sticks and perhaps chucks, but not certain on the second. He was asked to star with Bruce in The Game of Death. This was arguably the best scene in the movie.

Nov 28, 2023
I'm with you on all of that. I think Mel Gibson's first movie The Passion of the Christ was the last movie depiction of Jesus that I decided to see. I can't recommend those either.

I'll take your advice.
You‘re most welcome.
If you like animated films, you may be interested to see “David” the animated film (Which is slated for mid 2025). Personally, I only desire to see the film if it follows the major biblical narratives. So far, the teaser scene looks good but if it is all about untold stories, I am not as interested.

Nevertheless, here is the teaser scene for it.

Nov 28, 2023

I'll take your advice.
I remember liking The Passion when I first had seen it in theaters in 2004, but when I tried to re-watch it on DVD, I couldn't do it. I even checked out the scene again on the Sermon on the Mount, and I am just not a fan of Jim Caviezel in the role (years later). He did an audio reading for Jesus in the Word of Promise CD (digital) reading of the Bible and he did not put any emotion or fluctuation in the reading. Also, many of the scenes in the Passion are inspired by the Catholic Church and its unique beliefs outside of the Bible. I think the only way to do a Jesus movie is to follow the KJV (but update the 1600s English), and to not show Jesus' face on screen. He also had short hair, and not hippie hair. Jesus was also not a white European. He was Jewish (Middle Eastern in appearance). Needless to say, I am not interested in the sequel. They are focusing the story on what happened during the three days while He was buried. Scripture does not talk about this time much. So they are just guessing and turning the Word of God into fables. Then again, the Chosen series does the same thing.

Apr 11, 2024
I'll be honest and admit that I generally don't watch a lot of so-called "faith based" films. I have a few reasons for this, but one is that in many cases, the filmmakers seem so determined to separate their work from a typical movie that they completely miss the point. They often come across as putting the message ahead of everything else, or even lecturing the audience outright. By their very nature, movies are about telling stories, and every good story has to make a worthwhile emotional connection with the viewers. You can't do that if you're insulting their intelligence, or "preaching to the choir".

Having said that, there are a very select number of films in the genre that I actually like:

The Prince of Egypt (1998)
Joshua (2002)
The Passion of the Christ (2004)
The Perfect Stranger trilogy (2005-2013)
The Nativity Story (2006)
Heaven Is For Real (2014)
God's Not Dead 2 (2016)
I Can Only Imagine (2018)
The Jesus Music (2021)

There's a couple I do want to see but haven't yet, like 2018's An Interview With God, and Mel Gibson's long-awaited The Resurrection of the Christ, currently slated for next year.

Jul 7, 2022
I remember liking The Passion when I first had seen it in theaters in 2004, but when I tried to re-watch it on DVD, I couldn't do it. I even checked out the scene again on the Sermon on the Mount, and I am just not a fan of Jim Caviezel in the role (years later). He did an audio reading for Jesus in the Word of Promise CD (digital) reading of the Bible and he did not put any emotion or fluctuation in the reading. Also, many of the scenes in the Passion are inspired by the Catholic Church and its unique beliefs outside of the Bible. I think the only way to do a Jesus movie is to follow the KJV (but update the 1600s English), and to not show Jesus' face on screen. He also had short hair, and not hippie hair. Jesus was also not a white European. He was Jewish (Middle Eastern in appearance). Needless to say, I am not interested in the sequel. They are focusing the story on what happened during the three days while He was buried. Scripture does not talk about this time much. So they are just guessing and turning the Word of God into fables. Then again, the Chosen series does the same thing.
Yes, I Corinthians 11

Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? 15But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

Like now, there are a lot of effeminate art students. The famous ones, well funded by the rc popes, had effeminate models. It's been a long time since I read the histories of the religious artists, but they had an enduring influence on the public perceptions of Jesus.

I'm not going to watch the sequel either.
That time would be best spent reading the description of Him in the gospels and Revelation. The world also needs us to share the Way, the Truth and the Life with others.
The man yesterday who tried to connect with me when he brought up that movie, was very confused about Jesus. He believed that Jesus was the Father and the Holy Spirit. Again, turning the Word of God into cables and wresting them to his own destruction.
I don't resent the man. He's just been deceived.

I'm reading the Bible through out loud and hope to improve enough to provide a recording. It's harder than I thought. Alexander Scourby makes it seem easy.

Nov 28, 2023
I'll be honest and admit that I generally don't watch a lot of so-called "faith based" films. I have a few reasons for this, but one is that in many cases, the filmmakers seem so determined to separate their work from a typical movie that they completely miss the point. They often come across as putting the message ahead of everything else, or even lecturing the audience outright. By their very nature, movies are about telling stories, and every good story has to make a worthwhile emotional connection with the viewers. You can't do that if you're insulting their intelligence, or "preaching to the choir".

Having said that, there are a very select number of films in the genre that I actually like:

The Prince of Egypt (1998)
Joshua (2002)
The Passion of the Christ (2004)
The Perfect Stranger trilogy (2005-2013)
The Nativity Story (2006)
Heaven Is For Real (2014)
God's Not Dead 2 (2016)
I Can Only Imagine (2018)
The Jesus Music (2021)

There's a couple I do want to see but haven't yet, like 2018's An Interview With God, and Mel Gibson's long-awaited The Resurrection of the Christ, currently slated for next year.
Prince of Egypt was good.
Check out my list of Christian films starting in my post here within this thread.
I believe you will be shocked at how awesome Christian movies can be if you check out the films on my list.
Time Changer, Play the Flute, Polycarp, and the Redemption of Henry Myers are really great Christian films.

Side Note:

As for the Passion sequel: Well, from what I have read online, I heard that "The Passion 2" is going to focus not on his resurrection but it is going to center on some imaginary story of the underworld while He was three days and three nights in the heart of the Earth. Personally, I gave up on films depicting Jesus. The Chosen series really gets me upset. A lot of it is just not even the Bible. It's cashing in on turning the life of our Lord into a soap opera and as a means to insult the truth of God's Word.

Nov 28, 2023
Yes, I Corinthians 11

Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? 15But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
Exactly. Many Christians today do not make this connection involving this verse.

You said:
Like now, there are a lot of effeminate art students. The famous ones, well funded by the rc popes, had effeminate models. It's been a long time since I read the histories of the religious artists, but they had an enduring influence on the public perceptions of Jesus.
I did not know that. Thank you for sharing.

You said:
I'm not going to watch the sequel either.
Bravo. My hat is off to you for doing that.

You said:
That time would be best spent reading the description of Him in the gospels and Revelation. The world also needs us to share the Way, the Truth and the Life with others.
I agree wholeheartedly.

You said:
The man yesterday who tried to connect with me when he brought up that movie, was very confused about Jesus. He believed that Jesus was the Father and the Holy Spirit. Again, turning the Word of God into cables and wresting them to his own destruction. I don't resent the man. He's just been deceived.
People need to truly become born again through repentance (being broken up over their sins) and be honest with themselves when they read the Bible. Unfortunately, we are living in the last days.

You said:
I'm reading the Bible through out loud and hope to improve enough to provide a recording. It's harder than I thought. Alexander Scourby makes it seem easy.
I thought about doing this. I have a good voice and have taken various acting classes. But I feel God is calling me to do two free PDFs and a comic track ministry. The first project I am currently working on is my KJV write-up, which will be a free PDF and a paid book. I originally had 101 Reasons for the KJB being the Pure Word of God, but now I have 150 Reasons. There is a lot of work for me to do on this project.

My favorite reading for Jesus was by Blair Underwood in the Bible audio recording called, "Inspired by... the Bible Experience"

Inspired By… The Bible Experience (at Amazon)

Side Note:

I own Alexander Scourbey's reading of the KJV on CD. Great stuff.

Side Note 2:

Just to be aware, the Inspired by… Bible Experience uses the NIV (unfortunately).

Apr 11, 2024
As for the Passion sequel: Well, from what I have read online, I heard that "The Passion 2" is going to focus not on his resurrection but it is going to center on some imaginary story of the underworld while He was three days and three nights in the heart of the Earth. Personally, I gave up on films depicting Jesus. The Chosen series really gets me upset. A lot of it is just not even the Bible. It's cashing in on turning the life of our Lord into a soap opera and as a means to insult the truth of God's Word.
I think its really important to note, that Scripture only gives us a very minute glimpse of Jesus' earthly life. He was here for 33 years, and the last 3 were in ministry...but there's many long stretches of time between His various parables and miracles in the Gospels. The only consistent thing time-wise, is that His final entry into Jerusalem, mock trial, and execution all happened within a week, leaving so much room for earlier things to happen beforehand. To paraphrase John 21:25, "If all His actions were written, I suppose that even the whole world wouldn't contain all the books for them."

The concept of Jesus' supposed descent into darkness between His death and resurrection, is something many believe was first sourced from Matthew 12:40: "For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the sea monster, so for three days and three nights the Son of Man will be in the heart of the earth." The notion was later popularized as part of the Apostles' Creed, a 4th-century document which contains both "ta katotata" (Greek for "the lowest") and "inferos" (Latin for "those below"). Both may also be loosely translated as "underworld", similar to the ancient "sheol" or "hades", terms which have served as a partial inspiration for the modern English word "hell". You can obviously make up your own mind about what you want to believe, but there is at least minor support for some kind of spiritual activity that possibly occurred, while our Savior's body was buried in that tomb. We'll probably never know for sure this side of Heaven, but I'm still curious to see Mel Gibson's take on it.

Nov 28, 2023
I think its really important to note, that Scripture only gives us a very minute glimpse of Jesus' earthly life. He was here for 33 years, and the last 3 were in ministry...but there's many long stretches of time between His various parables and miracles in the Gospels. The only consistent thing time-wise, is that His final entry into Jerusalem, mock trial, and execution all happened within a week, leaving so much room for earlier things to happen beforehand. To paraphrase John 21:25, "If all His actions were written, I suppose that even the whole world wouldn't contain all the books for them."

The concept of Jesus' supposed descent into darkness between His death and resurrection, is something many believe was first sourced from Matthew 12:40: "For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the sea monster, so for three days and three nights the Son of Man will be in the heart of the earth." The notion was later popularized as part of the Apostles' Creed, a 4th-century document which contains both "ta katotata" (Greek for "the lowest") and "inferos" (Latin for "those below"). Both may also be loosely translated as "underworld", similar to the ancient "sheol" or "hades", terms which have served as a partial inspiration for the modern English word "hell". You can obviously make up your own mind about what you want to believe, but there is at least minor support for some kind of spiritual activity that possibly occurred, while our Savior's body was buried in that tomb. We'll probably never know for sure this side of Heaven, but I'm still curious to see Mel Gibson's take on it.
So imagine if somebody made up a story about what happened to you for three days when others thought you went missing in a forest. What if your time in the forest was a personal and growing life experience that was really important to you. What if that fictional story others promote about you during those three days does not come close to representing the truth of what happened to you and is actually an insult to your experience. This is the problem with turning the Scriptures into fables as the Bible warns us about. Anyway, just because Scripture says that there are not enough books in the world to write all the actions of Jesus does not mean we get to just fill in the blank with our imaginations. One is making fantasy and art an idol god over the truth.
It’s like saying, “Hey, I don’t care that 2 + 2 = 4.“ “My reimagining of 2 + 2 = 5 or something else.”

Another problem is that no actor or picture can accurately convey the actual appearance of Jesus Christ. That would be like somebody promoting an image of you as a black person or Chinese person with different colored hair and claiming that is you. Then they make a whole movie about you based on this false image of you and they make up ridiculous things in the story that insults the truth of your life. Surely you would not be happy because that is not how you actually look, and how you actually lived precisely. Imagine how God feels seeing we are to worship Him in spirit, and in TRUTH (according to the words of Jesus). After the Passion came out, it was either Billy Graham or another Christian who said that when they prayed, they imagined an image of Jim Caviezel in their minds as Jesus when they prayed. Such films can make people think that is the truth of the Bible, when in reality it is not.

Side Note:

Matthew 12:40 says “whale” in the KJV and not “sea monster.” I trust the KJV because the Modern Bible Movement started by Westcott and Hort has its influenced by Unitarians, liberals, and Catholics. George Vance Smith was a Unitarian and he was on the Revised Version committee of Westcott and Hort. Smith wrote of his success in changing “God” to “He” in 1 Timothy 3:16 in the Revised Version. Plus, Westcott and Hort employed deception with the Revised Version. It was supposed to be a KJV update, but it wasn’t one. It says in the half title page of the Revised Version that this is the version set forth in 1611, but it isn’t because they based it off of the Vaticanus and Sinaiticus NT Greek texts. 1 John 5:7, and many other verses went missing. Others were changed. Plus, the Vaticanus and Sinaitus have corrections all over them and they disagree with each other in thousands of places. Speaking of Catholics: Why would I want to see a film that comes from the spirit that is behind the whore of Babylon mentioned in Revelation 17? I wouldn’t. The Catholic Church has killed and martyred more Christians in history than any other religious organization. That is why the whore is drunk with the blood of the saints. No thanks.

Side Note 2:

1 John 2 talks about how we are not to love the world, and neither the things in this world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in them.

So this was a hard truth for me to accept in the Scriptures because I used to love worldly movies a lot. But my soul used to be grieved by all the sins being pushed upon me when I used to watch them. When I gave these films up, and only watched Christian films and educational documentaries, etcetera, I noticed that a spiritual veil was lifted from my eyes. I was able to see how many worship these films and make them into idols even though they may claim they worship Jesus Christ. But that is my journey, and I hope it to be the same for you (if you are truly concerned with worshiping the Lord in spirit, and in truth as Jesus said).

Apr 11, 2024
Call me crazy if you want, but I don't see following Jesus and enjoying some Earthly experiences as inherently contradictory. After all, we like pursuing other things in life, like listening to various musicians, eating fast food, playing games with friends or family...and yet hardly anyone with a reasonable mind would equate any of that with "betraying our Savior" or "idolizing the world". While being cautious from a spiritual perspective is definitely important, I don't think Jesus wanted anyone to go overboard - otherwise, we just become the Pharisees all over again.

Nov 28, 2023
Call me crazy if you want, but I don't see following Jesus and enjoying some Earthly experiences as inherently contradictory. After all, we like pursuing other things in life, like listening to various musicians, eating fast food, playing games with friends or family...and yet hardly anyone with a reasonable mind would equate any of that with "betraying our Savior" or "idolizing the world". While being cautious from a spiritual perspective is definitely important, I don't think Jesus wanted anyone to go overboard - otherwise, we just become the Pharisees all over again.
Try reading 1 John 2 several times in prayer for a couple of months and then get back to me.

The Word of God changes a person. One is either their own Lord or Jesus is their Lord.
One cannot serve two masters.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I've heard of the Inosanto. Mentioned in my JKD classes more than once.

👊😎🤜
He trained Bruce Lee in the use of sticks and perhaps chucks, but not certain on the second. He was asked to star with Bruce in The Game of Death. This was arguably the best scene in the movie.

[/QUOTE]
Uhh yeah, but then there was this:

Jul 7, 2022
👊😎🤜

Uhh yeah, but then there was this:

[/QUOTE]

Next gen CGI was rolled out this year.
It amazing what can be done with the old images. My brother showed me what he did with his Facebook account by speaking into his phone.
This was crazy.