Churches and Straight-Shooters

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
If want to find perfection, don't look at a church or a mirror.

If you going to try to change a church. You are only going to stir up trouble and probably be asked to leave. Talk to the Pastor (it is his church) and if he is not willing to hear correction ( a fool mocks, but a wise man listens to correction and becomes wiser), the best thing to do, is to find another church, even if you grandma's, grandma' went there from the beginning of time. The pastor is the leader and you will be viewed as undermining his authority and a trouble maker. Now if there are a large number of the congregation in agreement, thats a different story. However, you will need the guidance of the Holy Spirit as you may cause the church to split, which happens a lot. I've been through a church splitting and it is not joyful nor pleasant, matter of fact, its heart breaking and an awful witness to those young in the Lord.
You are wrong. If a church has gone astray, it is good to try to get it to repent.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
to me, a straight-shooting church is a church that does not have an agenda and the pastor preaches and teaches the Bible and not just re-hashes the same verses over and over.

JGIG

Aug 2, 2013
I think you need to obey all of the commandments before you can be called a straight-shooter.
Then absolutely no one is a straight-shooter

Your OP is flawed based on that simple reality.

-JGIG

S

Stormbird

First, foremost and above all things, what does the word of God say on these subjects?
Do we despise the word of God when it speaks against these things that man permits?
We are either doing and following what the word of God says, or we're not! There is no riding the lukewarm fence with God! We are either hot or cold!

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
correct. what does the Word say? rightly divided and taken in proper context. not just what the pastor or the denomination believe or they are pushing.

Dec 19, 2009
Then absolutely no one is a straight-shooter

Your OP is flawed based on that simple reality.

-JGIG
We have all sinned, but we have been commanded to repent (Matt 4:17). Jesus said we must be perfect (Matt 5:48).

Dec 19, 2009
First, foremost and above all things, what does the word of God say on these subjects?
Do we despise the word of God when it speaks against these things that man permits?
We are either doing and following what the word of God says, or we're not! There is no riding the lukewarm fence with God! We are either hot or cold!
What does the Lord say? He tells us to repent of our sin (Matt 4:17).

M

MySavior

my church aint like that, they are good ppl.

Dec 19, 2009
correct. what does the Word say? rightly divided and taken in proper context. not just what the pastor or the denomination believe or they are pushing.
Pastors and denominations frequently, I suspect, go astray by choosing to behave pridefully. That is really what this thread is all about.

Dec 19, 2009
my church aint like that, they are good ppl.
I think most of the people in my church are good, too. Still, there is always a certain amount of sin in a church, and sometimes that sin causes great trouble for some of its members.

JGIG

Aug 2, 2013