Clean Animals and Unclean Animals

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 15, 2013
I was interested in your post and found it amazing that you listed the swan as clean when both Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14 list it as an unclean bird that we should not eat.
Yes, a swan eats algae, and lot of it that make its toxic like the others animals.

R

RuthTruthBooth

We live in new testament times and are no longer under the old physical laws, we are under the spiritual laws of Christ. We can only do what He states or reinstates. He has ALL authority over God's people today(Matt 28:18)- that leaves no authority for Moses and the prophets. (Romans 7:1-4)

T

The_highwayman

Here is a list of clean and unclean animals that should not be eaten because they are not healthy to consume.

My family and I do our best to abide by this law given to Moses in Leviticus 11.
Why?
Not only is this a law given by the LORD, which is the reason we live by the rule, but it is also known that pork is unhealthy to eat, shellfish have parasites on them that can live up to 800 degrees!

It's interesting that thousands of years ago we were given this law before scientists confirmed this, isn't it?

Also, did you know how gelatin is made?

<Link>

[video=youtube;6bYIow9pc6M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bYIow9pc6M[/video]

Everyone should know what gelatin is made of
Are you a Jew? If not lighten up Francis....

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. 1Tim 4v3...:p

The food laws are OT and not relevant for Christians...

Only in the old testament does it tell you which meats God created to be received so your statement makes absolutely no sense. If you are suggesting that a man can eat any meat that exists upon the earth, even science would prove you wrong on that one. Yet before science was even able, God specified which meats are "unclean" [harmful to your health even to the point of death in some cases] and which meats are clean [safe].

Now, if you are going to try to convince otherwise and say it is OK to eat a black adder ["Whatsoever goeth upon the belly"] or a scorpion [
And every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth shall be an abomination], not only would I say you are defiant to EVERY word that proceeds out of the mouth of God, but are also very unwise.

What you described in 1 Timothy 4 says "commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving..." So telling people that they can only eat fish on Friday would be the doctrine of demons.

Now, I have observed that those that keep the diet that God gave are much healthier. Imagine that.

So then, "the food laws are not relevant to Christians"? The food laws are that if you eat something unhealthy, you will reap the consequences. I guess Christians should eat whatever they want and not expect to have obesity either then? God forbid. It is of no mistake that "discipline" is incorporated into the word "disciple".

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia

Only in the old testament does it tell you which meats God created to be received so your statement makes absolutely no sense. If you are suggesting that a man can eat any meat that exists upon the earth, even science would prove you wrong on that one. Yet before science was even able, God specified which meats are "unclean" [harmful to your health even to the point of death in some cases] and which meats are clean [safe].

Now, if you are going to try to convince otherwise and say it is OK to eat a black adder ["Whatsoever goeth upon the belly"] or a scorpion [
And every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth shall be an abomination], not only would I say you are defiant to EVERY word that proceeds out of the mouth of God, but are also very unwise.

What you described in 1 Timothy 4 says "commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving..." So telling people that they can only eat fish on Friday would be the doctrine of demons.

Now, I have observed that those that keep the diet that God gave are much healthier. Imagine that.

So then, "the food laws are not relevant to Christians"? The food laws are that if you eat something unhealthy, you will reap the consequences. I guess Christians should eat whatever they want and not expect to have obesity either then? God forbid. It is of no mistake that "discipline" is incorporated into the word "disciple".

But it is not sin to eat certain types of flesh is it? Nor are you defiled if you do yes?

J

justamanda

Its too early for me to get up and pull the bible out, but there ARE SCRIPTURES in NT where Jesus says that what you eat or dont eat does not make you clean/unclean. Just as we are no longer commanded to be circumcised.

Also someone posted something mentioning that if we no longer follow the food rules that what of the 10 Commandments?

JESUS REPLACED THEM WITH 2LAWS THAT ARE ACTUALLY JUST 1.

LOVE THE LORD GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART MIND AND SPIRIT

LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF

J

justamanda

Do not be afraid. God speaks to his people and will protect us in what is to come. He has been speaking to me and we are making plans to start our own farm. our seeds have been growing vegetables and there are organic recources left. We have to come together as Gods people and make a path for the righteous. cant just stand in the middle of well and wonder why youre so hot.

God wiðl tell you how to prepare for the future if you listen to his Holy Spirit.

As for the unclean animals, shrimp is the only one i actually find tasty, but boy do i love them!

May 15, 2013
Do not be afraid. God speaks to his people and will protect us in what is to come. He has been speaking to me and we are making plans to start our own farm. our seeds have been growing vegetables and there are organic recources left. We have to come together as Gods people and make a path for the righteous. cant just stand in the middle of well and wonder why youre so hot.

God wiðl tell you how to prepare for the future if you listen to his Holy Spirit.

As for the unclean animals, shrimp is the only one i actually find tasty, but boy do i love them!
I believe that if someone eats shellfish and or catfish, breakout with skin-tags.. It is not good to eat something that is filled with toxins like ear wax and which the body tries to get rid of.

Some lawmakers get caught taking bribes, some get caught using congressional funds for campaign purposes. And then there’s the select few who get caught eating their earwax on national television.
Representative Joe Garcia (D-FL) dug in and chomped down during a House Judiciary Committee hearing last week; note, he paused to consider and ultimately approve of the selection. Unfortunately, he was televised on C-SPAN for the entire meal.
Is there a gif (pronouned ‘jif’)? There sure is, via Gawker:

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
Its too early for me to get up and pull the bible out, but there ARE SCRIPTURES in NT where Jesus says that what you eat or dont eat does not make you clean/unclean. Just as we are no longer commanded to be circumcised.

Also someone posted something mentioning that if we no longer follow the food rules that what of the 10 Commandments?

JESUS REPLACED THEM WITH 2LAWS THAT ARE ACTUALLY JUST 1.

LOVE THE LORD GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART MIND AND SPIRIT

LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF
Jesus NEVER said those laws replaced the others. What you are quoting IS in the old testament. As a matter of fact, when Jesus asked a lawyer what was written in the law, the lawyer answered...

"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself."

The lawyer was not quoting Jesus, he was quoting old testament scripture. Look... Luke 10:25-28

The lawyer was quoting Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18. So this was NOT a change of the law, it WAS the law.

So Jesus never institutionalized a NEW law. It was already written. Neither did he say that the other laws did not matter. As a matter of fact, if you would read it, you can see that right in the scripture you are taking it from.

Matthew 22:
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

They asked which was the GREATEST commandment in the law.

Jesus answered them and then told them why it was the greatest.

Matthew 22:
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

As you can see, Jesus said that all of the laws and what the prophets said were based off of these two principles.

We need to stop trying to use Jesus as justification for our disobedience people. Stop changing the scriptures to feel better about your rebellion.

I understand that many of you have been being taught these falsehoods and did not know any better.

John 8: 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
Furthermore, many use the scriptures that talk about being free from the law as support of this idea without studying to find out which law.

Jesus came to conquer the law of sin and death so that we might be saved from eternal damnation; not the laws/commandments of God. He EVEN said this...

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

The law that you are no longer under is the law of sin and death which includes the laws of sacrifice for the atonement of sins. Jesus became the ultimate sacrifice because the annual sacrifice could not take away sins.

Hebrews 10:
8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

So the only law of God that was taken was the sacrifices that were required BECAUSE Jesus became the ultimate sacrifice for the atonement of sins.

I was once led astray as well as many others, but then I began to study the scriptures myself and trust the Holy Spirit to be my teacher. This... you ought to do.

Last edited: