Commanding the weather.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Ok we see what you wrote whats it mean what are you trying to say Are you directly accusing me of something. Did you go about that scripturaly? Whats you point? mine is crystel clear. What yours?

You are cheery picking scripture Back up what you believe with scripture that agrees with scripture.
i was pointing out John 10 that u referenced. Side tracked I know. The context is not referring to simply satan but rather to men or many thieves. Sorry I did not make clear. A very interesting study on where the division of clerics and laity come from is The Two Babylons in PDF.

Nov 21, 2014
Free-To-Be - in answer to your PM which I just received that asks me to come answer your post here ... I feel that I gave my views on here sufficiently and hadn't returned to this thread since because I felt and still feel that I have answered with my views in their entirety.

Enjoy your time here and don't get 'offended'. Thanks!
Said PM in its entirety

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't see this PM earlier Davy! I've been all over the internet today and didn't get the notice that I had a PM. I don't always go back to threads but I'll go and look for now.

Originally Posted by Free-To-Be
Hey you asked a question I answerd it, and am waiting for a reply, and so are a few others. Hope you can come back and reply
cheers.

Davy.

You did give your views as I said you never backed up with scripture so seeing as you still have no scripture to back up your thought I recommened no one listens to you.

Why would you say dont take offence. I never took offence at any point in here to you or anyone else.
Any reason why you would say that. Two reasons I posted the PM was to show I havent took offence.
And to also show I never commaned you to come here with an answer. You sir are ,isleading people becuae we both know you have not got any answers in this discussion. which you obviously dont want. So I promted ted you to come back. You cant rattle you sabre and run away from me.

When I read posts in forums I have seen its last man standing I useualy listen to. Not the guy who doesnt want to talk.
with no scripture.

Nov 21, 2014
I would like to see where in the Bible God commands people to command the weather.

The prophets did not do so. They had sense to take cover in the rain.

I don't think it is sound Biblical teaching to require people to believe they have some kind of magical praying power to command things that only GOD can command and ordain.

I do think we can pray for the safety and health of people around us. However, God did not heal all the blind or sick that Jesus meet. That is why they wanted to stone Him when He visited His hometown. He told them the truth:

NONE OF THEM WERE cleansed except NAAMAN the Syrian.

God's will is not ours and His ways are higher. Do NOT claim to have power and authority God did not grant you.

I have seen miracles and I have seen healings, but I know it is GOD's power and not mine or anyone who prayed.

God did these things to show us He could and it was His will. It built up the faith but were not required to keep our love or obedience.

God is not some spirit you can command to do tricks because YOU feel like He should. God has a plan for each life. We should not pray for our wills to be done but HIS.

There is a little confusion about this . Most of the church believe as you do Christ could heal but a few.

Some believeing believers believe God heals all but dont understand why they find this in scripture.

Comon guys wakey wakey. Its simple. But again YOU will deicide whats right. But before you jump in and shout wrong. Stop and wait.

Jesus never healed many in His home town because they knew him. (not Him) They knew the son of mary who was born in a stable , who cliams He is Gods son. They think Hes a nut job. They never took anyone to Him to be healed. How simple is that. He was pointing out to them that it was two gentiles who got healed, Why because they believed Him.

So you like the religious dont believe because of your own wisdom. With no scripture.

Open you eyes and shut your mouth. Ask for seeing eyes ask for hearing ears. Any one got photos of eyes and ears and eagles. So you can keep them before you always to call those things in to being that are not. Bet ya dont get that. If you do keep believeing if you dont its your choise.

O

oldthennew

In 1999 while living in a very old house in Malvern, AR, a tornado outbreak swept through the state. The radio let us know one was coming to our neighborhood. We discovered the lid of the storm cellar under the house was covered with a cord of firewood, so we went to the kitchen where the most wood surrounded us. I began tossing plates and silverware into the pantry so they wouldn't become projectiles. My wife looked out the window saying "What am I looking at?" It was a huge green swirling ball full of lightning rolling into our yard. From the damage happening around it we realized there wasn't hope of getting through it. Right then she stepped to the door, swung it open, and commanded with finger pointing to it "In the name of Jesus go over us and leave us alone." Immediately it rose up and passed over without harm. She has always been a virtual prayer warrior, her first project to get me saved 23 years earlier, a major miracle, as she married me unequally yoked. We learned to pray more inclusively, as it came right back down in the street and removed all the ancient oaks lining it, the fire hydrant, the poles, and dozens of neighbor homes were destroyed. We could see a mile across town where formerly we had only a view of roofs. Some burst trees contained an arsenal of civil war weapons, uniforms, meal packs that had been stuffed into hollow cavities that were recovered and put in museums. We had to abandon the house due to news there would be no utilities until after the cleanup, projected to take months. We've been watching the weather since then, and whenever radar shows danger coming to us, we pray it away. The maps show storm after storm splitting, each side going around us. We've taught prayer classes a long time, telling that, and have never heard of a single family adopting "preemptive prayer" as we call it, some saying "hedge building", suffering storm damage. That of course extends to any other threat they face in life. The "hedge" principle comes out of Satan's challenge in
Job 1:10 (KJV) [SUP]10 [/SUP] Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
=========================================================================
Ws.

thank you for such a wonderful witness, it will strengthen many who have doubts about
God's Hand in our ordinary affairs and in our extraordinary circumstances.

He is our Living God, to be trusted on and in at all times!

thanks be to God for the deliverance to come from these fleshly bodies!

A

Ariel82

Most of the church believe as you do Christ could heal but a few.
again you misunderstand. I never said Christ could only heal but a few.

I said it was only God's plan to heal physically in this body but a few.

Just because they died does not mean God did not heal them.

In the end we get NEW bodies and no suffering.

Death just means we have accomplished what God wants to do in this life.

Don't assume you know when it is clear you just want to be "the last man standing"

I will leave you now because anyone who wants to listen to you rant, has been warned.

I won't hold my breath for those scriptures where God commands people to command the weather.

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
In the '75 tornado outbreak in Omaha there were a couple of brothers in a mcdonalds I believe. A tornado was headed right for them. They commanded it to not come their way. It stopped and then went completely around them, missing them all together.
All things are possible with them that believe.....and are 'Spirit led'.

Nov 21, 2014

Don't assume you know when it is clear you just want to be "the last man standing"

I will leave you now because anyone who wants to listen to you rant, has been warned.

I won't hold my breath for those scriptures where God commands people to command the weather.
Once again you are talking nonsense. because you havent got one scripture.
Why would you expect anyone to believe a word you posted? But now you will run and hide because you cant back up anything you are claiming I am not hiding. I am still well up for disscusion.
Please provide some scripture for your cliams.

I like rants so did Jesus. funny you keep pointing out the similarities between me and Jesus.
If you have no scripture you have no voice with me.

Nov 21, 2014
In the '75 tornado outbreak in Omaha there were a couple of brothers in a mcdonalds I believe. A tornado was headed right for them. They commanded it to not come their way. It stopped and then went completely around them, missing them all together.
All things are possible with them that believe.....and are 'Spirit led'.

And that leading is continual. always there. I will never leave you or forsake you. And we write songs dear lord where are you. Come down, come back. were are you lord. I will never leave you or forsake you.

Nov 21, 2014

And another thing :)

your told to go lay hands on the sick and most dont do that. Do you have a reason for not doing that? Your told to cast out demons. same deal. No mention of check out what its like before you try it. Where do we get this garbage? Jesus said tell them all the tings I told you. Jesyus said dont you know you will do greater things than these? Jesus commanded the weather. and we can do greater things than these. Or you are calling Him a liar? So what is it. I know I have commanede theweather you never . But you come and try to teach me? You have no record of dominian life none yet you want to teach with no scripture. Dont you know that teachers (and thats what your doing here. ) will be held more accountable?

O

oldthennew

[TABLE="class: gr_incontext"]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD]11TIMOTHY 2:22-26.

Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace,
with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
[/TD]
[TD="class: tdcb"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]
And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Nov 21, 2014
[TABLE="class: gr_incontext"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]11TIMOTHY 2:22-26.

Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace,
with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
So you quoted scripture that may or may not be in context. Depending on you point.

What is you point? cause its not that clear to me.

Aug 25, 2013
I believe we can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens us...

...IF it is according to His will and for His glory. I know that if God puts on our heart to do a thing, we absolutely can do it in His name.

Can we play Supreme Weather Forecaster and command the weather to our own will like a magician? Not a chance.
It looks like you are trying to have it both ways. Yes, of course "we can do ALL things through Christ, but no we can't command weather to our own will like magicians."

It occurs to me that you might try running an experiment. For example, pick the most unlikely weather event (say an F5 tornado in a blue sky, during mid-winter in Alaska–in an unpopulated area of course) and publicly announce the day and place this weather event is to occur. Then conduct a mass prayer by millions of believing Christians to make it happen. It would be quite a demonstration. If I was God and I wanted to show unbelievers that I really do exist, then I would work with you on this. On the other hand, if I wanted to make fools out of people who believed in me, I wouldn't do anything to help.

Last edited:
May 15, 2013

Before:
5 The Lord answered Moses, “Go out in front of the people. Take with you some of the elders of Israel and take in your hand the staff with which you struck the Nile, and go. 6 I will stand there before you by the rock at Horeb. Strike the rock, and water will come out of it for the people to drink.” So Moses did this in the sight of the elders of Israel. 7 And he called the place Massah and Meribah because the Israelites quarreled and because they tested the Lord saying, “Is the Lord among us or not?”
After:9 So Moses took the staff from the Lord’s presence, just as he commanded him. 10 He and Aaron gathered the assembly together in front of the rock and Moses said to them, “Listen, you rebels, must we bring you water out of this rock?” 11 Then Moses raised his arm and struck the rock twice with his staff. Water gushed out, and the community and their livestock drank.

12 But the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not trust in me enough to honor me as holy in the sight of the Israelites, you will not bring this community into the land I give them.”

God wanted Moses to give Him all the glory that all he had done or you can to say it in His name; but the second time, Moses gave himself and Aaron the glory. Everything that is done, God want us to do it in His name, to honor Him (Give him all the glory) before everyone. Moses did had the power, but it was from God. The Staff represented God's Kingdom, but later on Moses has forgotten it.

Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

1 Kings 8:60 so that all the peoples of the earth may know that the Lord is God and that there is no other.

1 Kings 18:39 When all the people saw this, they fell prostrate and cried, “The Lord—he is God! The Lord—he is God!”

John 12:28 Father, glorify your name!” Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.”

Hosea 6:6 For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.

Nov 21, 2014
It looks like you are trying to have it both ways. Yes, of course "we can do ALL things through Christ, but no we can't command weather to our own will like magicians."
Really you can say that in one breath and it makes sense to you? You are trying to have it both ways. Its either yes we can or no?

It occurs to me that you might try running an experiment. For example, pick the most unlikely weather event (say an F5 tornado in a blue sky, during mid-winter in Alaska–in an unpopulated area of course) and publicly announce the day and place this weather event is to occur. Then conduct a mass prayer by millions of believing Christians to make it happen. It would be quite a demonstration. If I was God and I wanted to show unbelievers that I really do exist, then I would work with you on this. On the other hand, if I wanted to make fools out of people who believed in me, I wouldn't do anything to help.
Occurs to me you are wanting a sign. Hmm what are we told about those who want a sign?