Committed to Confession

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 10, 2013
You know this scripture applies to you too, don't you?
In my church, only man can be priest and when they are made priests through the Holy Mystery of Ordination, they receive the Holy Spirit that was transmitted at the Pentecost. So, no, I can`t do that.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
If I don`t confess my sins I can`t partake the Saint Eucharist, if I don`t partake the Saint Eucharist I am not in comunion with God, if I am not in comunion with God I miss the sense of my life. Satisfied?:)
Do you really confess every single sin you commit to your "priest"?
What if you did something really bad that would extremely humiliate you?
You confess it to a man?

know1

Aug 27, 2012
If I don`t confess my sins I can`t partake the Saint Eucharist, if I don`t partake the Saint Eucharist I am not in comunion with God, if I am not in comunion with God I miss the sense of my life. Satisfied?:)
Yes, thank you. I understand more now.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
In my church, only man can be priest and when they are made priests through the Holy Mystery of Ordination, they receive the Holy Spirit that was transmitted at the Pentecost. So, no, I can`t do that.
Okay, I will not try to show you otherwise.

Sep 10, 2013
When we confess our sins, God is also present in a mysterious way, so, we confess indirectly to God.

Sep 10, 2013
Okay, I will not try to show you otherwise.
You can comment on the thread that is about the differences between orthodoxy, catholicism and protestantism. It wouldn`t be respectful toward the opener if we started to have argues about who`s right or wrong in his doctrine.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
Your so-called "priest" is not an Apostle. They are all dead.
Just how many apostle were mentioned in the bible?
I believe you will find there to be more than the twelve.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
You can comment on the thread that is about the differences between orthodoxy, catholicism and protestantism. It wouldn`t be respectful toward the opener if we started to have argues about who`s right or wrong in his doctrine.
To me, it is more right to be wrong in the eyes of others, than to try to feed them something they didn't want to eat in the first place. I'm not here to tear down anyone's doctrine. It is better to walk in love toward others than in hate toward something the other person holds dear to them, unless it is something that is damaging or destructive to their salvation. Though I disagree with the Catholic faith, I do not find the things they believe in to be damaging to their salvation, unless their faith is in someone other than God the Father and His Son Jesus.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
To me, it is more right to be wrong in the eyes of others, than to try to feed them something they didn't want to eat in the first place. I'm not here to tear down anyone's doctrine. It is better to walk in love toward others than in hate toward something the other person holds dear to them, unless it is something that is damaging or destructive to their salvation. Though I disagree with the Catholic faith, I do not find the things they believe in to be damaging to their salvation, unless their faith is in someone other than God the Father and His Son Jesus.
She has "faith" that by confessing her sins to a priest, she will be able to "receive" Christ from him.
Sounds damaging to me.

Also, please enlighten me on the exact number of Apostles listed in the Bible.
I know of the twelve, plus Matthias whom evidently didn't want the job, and Paul.
Any of Jesus' original disciples could have been considered Apostles I guess, but they are all dead too.
Feel free to fill in the blanks for me.

Sep 10, 2013
I am not a catholic, I am eastern orthodox christian.
I am sorry for having disturbed or offended you.:(