Concert

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

radical_christian

So in my community we are planning on having a concert of Christian rock for teens. We are so hungry to reach out to those teens to those who are lost, who have slipped from God's path, and to those who are deeply rooted in Him. Could you think of good ideas to get teens to come to this concert? What are some dos/donts? What are some good fundraisers? I would love your ideas big or small. I would also highly appreciate it if you would pray about this. God bless you for taking the time to read this and thank you so much in advance.

* We know for a fact that we are going to have food. What kind should we get?

Rehoboth16

Aug 5, 2009
WOW!! Love the idea of a concert. Music is always an amazing way that touches people's hearts. For fundraising....T-shirts with awesome designs and bible passages that send a message, jewelry(us girls like our jewelry), wrist bands, there can be draws (get people to buy tickets for a chance to win awesome prizes. To draw people to the concert....maybe a great poster that's eye catching giving the details of what's gonna be going on. For food, popcorn, chips, fries, burgers, POP (always good), brownies, snow cones, ice cream, water, CANDY (Most people can't resist candy), throw in some chocolate bars. Maybe you could record the concert cause people might want to keep it as a memory or the musicians might say something that touches their hearts.
That's all I can thin of for now but if there's more, i'll be sure to let you know!!!
When's the concert?

R

radical_christian

Wow, thanks for all the ideas.
As for the date of the concert, we have not decided yet but it will be sometime early in January. So we've got plenty of time. :)

B

Ben41

My advices: organize a free concert to touch the most as possible and try to earn money with t-shirts and food to pay sound's stuff. Organize a team of people with the same t-shirt (staff) if teens are interested and have some questions. It's good to find somebody from staff to know more about Jesus. Put chairs for timids persons. Be very careful when you speak about your religion, you can't force others to follow your ideas so accept they think something different. Just be yourself and let the holy spirit to behave well. Be very welcoming and think this concert is not for you but for guests so you should go to welcome new guys and be ready to chat with them... I hope you understand my poor English :rolleyes: God bless !

Regards,
Benjamin B

PS: Best type of music: Jesus is rock !

H

helloimandrewyo

ummm, not sure what style music you are looking for, but christian hardcore bands are usually on fire for their music. You won't find a christian hardcore band afraid to tell it like it is....

Rehoboth16

Aug 5, 2009
No problem Radical christian. Glad I could help!!