Controversial thread topics

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jennymae

Last time I measured 'my words', it was 7 letters long plus one space. :p
Well, tell you the truth, crossnote, I'm real glad you decided to do that...lol....

A

atwhatcost

I suppose many of us have a bend towards ruffling feathers at times but some are just blatant.....for example.....let's imagine for a second striking up a conversation with a dear old elder gentleman that attends your church, walks with a cane and has the joy of child and always greets you with the most authentic warm spirit....about the merits of lust.

It's no wonder some on here think we're all a bunch willful sinning pagans.

Anyways, I don't mean to cause offense to the lust thread author. It just so happened that it was the post that brought this to mind for me. Lol
No imagination needed. Some of my best teachers on desire, love of spouse, marriage, and "the bedroom" were old men with white hair (with or without canes) and their wives -- sweet little old ladies. Loveliest, sweetest people you ever met. Who do you want to teach you -- a 20 year old? A 30 year old? A 40 year old? A 50 year old? What do they know about long term commitment and love yet? If they know it, they'll know it better later.

Not to mention, exactly how often must I go into it's not always about sex?

Truthfully, wasn't trying to be sensational. (If I was I would have gone for chin hair. lol) Almost everyone just gave knee-jerk reactions to a young woman asking a personal question and then left, never to return.

I'm not big on knee-jerk reactions as the gospel. I'm also not big on knee-jerk reaction as advice. So I took it out of personal and got you to relook at the issue in a new light. I happen to agree with what John Piper said, and wanted people to hear.

A few havenrelooked and heard. Most went with "not ever," as if that meant anything.

Bible Discussion forum. Too often this is what-my-church-tells-me-to-believe forum. I'm chipping away at standard-issue Christianese. It's who I am. I'm aiming to break the ice and free the water. Jesus doesn't give a chill. He gives a warmth exactly because he's passionate.

A

atwhatcost

IMO, if people can't handle a little bit of ruffled feathers, then they should not post nor reply to a response that criticizes THEIR response. If ya can't take the heat, honey, then get outta the kitchen.. :)
I did. Hubby took over the kitchen. I like it...

Oh, not what you meant? Oops. lol

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
No imagination needed. Some of my best teachers on desire, love of spouse, marriage, and "the bedroom" were old men with white hair (with or without canes) and their wives -- sweet little old ladies. Loveliest, sweetest people you ever met. Who do you want to teach you -- a 20 year old? A 30 year old? A 40 year old? A 50 year old? What do they know about long term commitment and love yet? If they know it, they'll know it better later.

Not to mention, exactly how often must I go into it's not always about sex?

Truthfully, wasn't trying to be sensational. (If I was I would have gone for chin hair. lol) Almost everyone just gave knee-jerk reactions to a young woman asking a personal question and then left, never to return.

I'm not big on knee-jerk reactions as the gospel. I'm also not big on knee-jerk reaction as advice. So I took it out of personal and got you to relook at the issue in a new light. I happen to agree with what John Piper said, and wanted people to hear.

A few havenrelooked and heard. Most went with "not ever," as if that meant anything.

Bible Discussion forum. Too often this is what-my-church-tells-me-to-believe forum. I'm chipping away at standard-issue Christianese. It's who I am. I'm aiming to break the ice and free the water. Jesus doesn't give a chill. He gives a warmth exactly because he's passionate.
I guess what's worse than a 24 year old married pastor teaching on marriage commitment is a single 24 year old pastor doing likewise :p

A

atwhatcost

I can't take the heat.... it's been like 115° heat index here in Texas. :p

Oh, I think you guys are talking about something else.

Never mind. Carry on. :rolleyes: heehee
Then I'm not eating pie on your porch. It would melt. lol

A

atwhatcost

There it is right there. It seems that at different times we are so quick to assume that someone is an enemy. One of the character traits of Jesus....no matter how mental someone was... He could see the heart. Lol.

Ok...go ahead..pile on...I left it wide open for you. Lol
Siggghhhh! No comeback even showing up. :(

A

atwhatcost

I don't mind a little heat and it is to be expected when discussing religion and or politics.....Iron sharpens Iron and I know for sure that I ruffle feathers every day in some form or fashion.......I have always been one to just say it and or one of the few that will state the obvious when others are too afraid to speak up....gets me in trouble many times...oh well!
Heat, sharpening iron, and ruffled feathers? What are you doing to that poor bird?

A

atwhatcost

As an honest assessment....is there anyone here who has the propensity to take certain individuals comments on here personally? I'm not asking to name names or anything.

I know that for me, I've learned to read peoples posts with an attitude that they are smiling when they write it. Lol...no matter how vehemently I disagree. Lol.

I've also gotten better at measuring my words. haha...you really don't want me without my filter turned on.. Lol.
Sometimes the people say to me, annoys me for a long end. (At least it's not no end.) The annoyance is, "You didn't even understand a word I said, yet you're going to tell me I'm wring anyway? I might stay annoyed, but, honestly" I found out I did that same thing to someone else.

But as far as taking it personally goes? I'm fully aware the some are trying to make it personal. No one on here knows my buttons though, so they've failed so far. Good thing. You really don't want to push my buttons. I'll push back, but it's no button I'm going after.

A

atwhatcost

It's not the controversial topics that irk me, it's the non controversial topics that "others" turn into a controversy that irk me :rolleyes:
Milk, not water. :p

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I shudder when you go down a list of names responding one by one. I bite my nails, like an inmate about to be called next to a firing squad...but this one let me off the hook :cool:

L

LT

I shudder when you go down a list of names responding one by one. I bite my nails, like an inmate about to be called next to a firing squad...but this one let me off the hook :cool:
She didn't shoot me down yet. I may survive.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Heck... I figured that since....THE BUG............ was the first to chime in here, that this would be a thread for the ages. Lol

Thank you.. You love me, you really, really love me.. :cool:

Dec 1, 2014
It's not the controversial topics that irk me, it's the non controversial topics that "others" turn into a controversy that irk me :rolleyes:
Like when topics about birthdays turn into OSAS debates. Lol. :D

J

JesusistheChrist

Alright, Lady Blue :D
"Oh, where're you goin' to, my lady blue,
It's a shame you've ruined your gown in the rain..."
"Taxi" - Harry Chapin

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Like when topics about birthdays turn into OSAS debates. Lol. :D
Well now wait a minute...are rebirthdays eternal, maybe you can pass backwards through your rebirth canal :rolleyes: LOL

A

atwhatcost

She didn't shoot me down yet. I may survive.
Trust me, I hate it when I don't have a good comeback. It's the next day, and I'm still trying to find one for Sirk. lol

S

Sirk

Trust me, I hate it when I don't have a good comeback. It's the next day, and I'm still trying to find one for Sirk. lol
Good things come to those who wait. Lol

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
That you showed up is comeback enough for Sirk :p