Conversion...Has anyone witness God perform this?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SSilvergambit3

I have a friend that is agnostic. She is very dear to me. I pray for her to believe in Jesus Christ and God again. She has been through much. I ask for prayers for her. I have yet to see a conversion. Like the one spoken of with Jesus and Paul. Any stories would be uplifting. :)

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I was a wild, alcoholic bar musician. While I was not persecuting Christians, I certainly was not listening to them telling me I needed Jesus. This went on for a few years. The drinking got worse and worse. My life was a shambles.

Then a man (who became my husband) told me I needed to repent of my sins. I heard the voice of God. He said that he was Jesus, and he was the Saviour of the world. Then he told me he was MY Saviour, and I would serve him. It was profound and life changing.

I completely stopped drinking the next day which was 35 years ago, never wanted another drink. I started going to church that Sunday, and the Bible, which I had been vainly trying to read, suddenly made sense. It was because I had met the author of the book.

God has never left me in 35 years, and he has changed and transformed me radically. I meet with old high school friends, and they were stunned at the difference God made in my life. I am not the same person I was before God called me to be his child!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I have a friend that is agnostic. She is very dear to me. I pray for her to believe in Jesus Christ and God again. She has been through much. I ask for prayers for her. I have yet to see a conversion. Like the one spoken of with Jesus and Paul. Any stories would be uplifting. :)
Are these conversion stories for her an agnostic or for you a believer?

S

SSilvergambit3

The stories are for her in the future. But they are for me too. I need to know that He can suddenly create that miracle. It is difficult to see people suffer, as you already may know. But she said something the other day. I offered her help. And she genuinely smiled for once, and replied to me "it's good to know that there is hope." And if she could just see that in Jesus Christ...I believe so much burden and heartache wouldn't be so hard. I believe she thinks she's unworthy, and she always fights me about God. I've noticed she's battle me each week, and I have seen less and less of her. I know it is a spiritual warfare. She always says I am too good of a person and there is no hope for her. The fact too is, she really is a kind and loving person. Just lost.

Jul 22, 2014
I am not exactly sure you can pray somebody into the kingdom of God, but you can sure pray that their heart may be softened so that she can hear the truth of the Word of God so as to receive it. The more you pray, the more God works in your life to love others. When you pray, God is enlisting you in what He is doing. Whether your friends ends up saved in the end is ultimately her decision. But we can always hope. We can always love. That is part of what being a Christian is all about. However, first, one needs to repent of their sins and accept Jesus as their Savior, though. If one has accepted Christ at an earlier age or point and has backslidden into sin or the ways of this world, the Lord is there for that person to come back home, too.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Guess I have seen many people professing faith in Christ, but to actually witness conversion? Not so easy to be sure since it is God's work on someone's soul.. which is more unseen than visible outwardly.

I have seen people who are exposed to the gospel, claim profession in Christ and then appear more at peace and get into learning the bible and sharing with others. Guess this is evidence.. but to actually say.. yes this person is converted..

It maybe easy to say it for someone like in the case above, but then more difficult for someone who you don't know.

It's really up to what God has done with their soul.