Coping.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ariel82

I was going to say something ForthAngel but your response to christianbound reminds us that we don't need drugs, We have Jesus.

As Paul writes, its not that we can teach another God's truth but we remind each other of what God already speaks into our hearts.

There is one miracle, I think, that none of us today can deny once it happens to us. It happens after we are saved, and it may take a while for some of us. It obviously did for me. But it is the realist experience you will ever have and it is undeniably from God. There will come a time, with a lot of effort from ourselves, where the shades will finally be lifted from your eyes. And as the saying goes, the Truth will literally set you free. A major weight is lifted from your very soul, as if it has been chained and God has finally unlocked the bindings for you.

You know when it happens and you feel this incredible relief within yourself. Now, depression, life problems, and other things may remain, but something surfaces on the inside, and you know everything is going to be okay because this life is just temporary and there is nothing here that can distract you from what you were called to be, which is an adopted child of God.

Just keep reading your bible and searching for answers. pray CONSTANTLY, and never give up. Even if you get mad at God, understand that it all happens for a reason. It may be something you will learn from later. It may just be an attack from the fallen. It may be a result of your own mistakes. You have to try and recognize what it is, so you can learn from it. You more you try to learn from your mistakes and change your behavior, and the more you pray and try to seek God, the more He will reveal to you.

I think you're going to be okay and you will be in my prayers.

P

psychomom

There is one miracle, I think, that none of us today can deny once it happens to us. It happens after we are saved, and it may take a while for some of us. It obviously did for me. But it is the realist experience you will ever have and it is undeniably from God. There will come a time, with a lot of effort from ourselves, where the shades will finally be lifted from your eyes. And as the saying goes, the Truth will literally set you free. A major weight is lifted from your very soul, as if it has been chained and God has finally unlocked the bindings for you.

You know when it happens and you feel this incredible relief within yourself. Now, depression, life problems, and other things may remain, but something surfaces on the inside, and you know everything is going to be okay because this life is just temporary and there is nothing here that can distract you from what you were called to be, which is an adopted child of God.
Though I have experienced moments of stark realization--this is truth!!---
for me, the whole 'being set free' has been a process. You know how you can read the Word and it has meaning and you're thankful! And a year or two or five later, you read the same scriptures (as you have done many times between) but a new truth is revealed? You see the words in a new light, and though I've heard this phrase misused by some Charismatics (not all!), it's a new revelation of His word...a truth you didn't see before, and another part of the burden I was never meant to carry drops away.

I'm sure this is a basic lack of faith on my part. (?) But I think God adds grace, and builds on what He's taught me through time, experience, teaching of the Word at church, etc.
I haven't found I ever applied myself, though. ( :( ?)
It was just something God did. I mean, I was as faithful as I could be, being still a sinner, to spending time with Him, listening to the Word being taught, following what He asks of us, basically.
But when He showed me something...that's what could seem like magic (but we know it's not). I almost never expected it, and like building blocks, precept on precept, truth on truth, He adds to what I see (understand) about Him, and more and more of the old, icky me goes, and more and more of Him is added.
Riiight--He must increase and I must decrease!

I pray for you children, and for us all-
ellie

J

Jemuel

forthangel, do not give up. Hang on! everything's gonna be fine. To tell you honestly, it is only JESUS who can help you. I am always with you in prayer. God bless you brotha!

ForthAngel

Aug 31, 2012
Though I have experienced moments of stark realization--this is truth!!---
for me, the whole 'being set free' has been a process. You know how you can read the Word and it has meaning and you're thankful! And a year or two or five later, you read the same scriptures (as you have done many times between) but a new truth is revealed? You see the words in a new light, and though I've heard this phrase misused by some Charismatics (not all!), it's a new revelation of His word...a truth you didn't see before, and another part of the burden I was never meant to carry drops away.

I'm sure this is a basic lack of faith on my part. (?) But I think God adds grace, and builds on what He's taught me through time, experience, teaching of the Word at church, etc.
I haven't found I ever applied myself, though. ( :( ?)
It was just something God did. I mean, I was as faithful as I could be, being still a sinner, to spending time with Him, listening to the Word being taught, following what He asks of us, basically.
But when He showed me something...that's what could seem like magic (but we know it's not). I almost never expected it, and like building blocks, precept on precept, truth on truth, He adds to what I see (understand) about Him, and more and more of the old, icky me goes, and more and more of Him is added.
Riiight--He must increase and I must decrease!

I pray for you children, and for us all-
ellie
You are right Ellie. It is a process. I was referring more to my own experience I guess. The being set free for me, and the loosening of my chains was the moment when my sins, and this was instant, no longer appealed to me. It was like an epiphany that still hasn't gone away from me and the realization that all I have been trying to do is for real and it's impossible to deny the existence of God or Jesus. I really dunno how to explain what has, and is continuing to happen to be honest. That was the best explanation I had.

I kinda know what you mean about a new truth being revealed about a scripture, but not entirely I don't think. I haven't reread enough to know. I had read most of the bible, and the new testament several times when I was younger. I retained a lot of what I read, besides what book and verse. I have trouble remembering that. But this past month, reading with knowledge of what I think I'm supposed to be doing, it's like oh wow. I think this is applicable to me - Eph 2 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins. I already had the foundation, but not the understanding or desire to build on it.

I think we all lack sufficient faith Ellie. God understands our hearts and how tough things are for us. I think all he asks is that we try.

I couldn't have said the rest better.
p.s. Give me a little while to respond to what you sent earlier. I get tied up trying to do a thousand things at once :/

ForthAngel

Aug 31, 2012
forthangel, do not give up. Hang on! everything's gonna be fine. To tell you honestly, it is only JESUS who can help you. I am always with you in prayer. God bless you brotha!
Thanks buddy. This really means a lot to me.

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
I do know how you feel and I do the counting thing too. Sometimes in the middle of my counting the LORD will say to me not by your strength or your wisdom but by my Spirit.
I was kidnapped by my father when I was in kindergarten he told me and my sisters our mom had died. The lady he married had a daughter my age so things did not go well. One night my father came into the room and called for my sister but she did not wake up it was me. Looking back at this I should have felt differently , but I thought why did he still not want me for anything he called her first. I never felt I had anyone to help me. Then my uncle moved in and it was the same thing. When the my husbands new wife turned my father in for kidnapping us we went back to live with a women we were told was dead. Then My mother was never home so my sister and brother took care of us my sister beat us and my brother well he molested all the girls. So when I went to church and was told about God I put all I had into it. I believed everything I was told. Well no one should promise god will do something if they do not know. The very day of my baptisms is the very day I walked away from GOD. I told GOD I wanted to know his plan for me like I was told he would tell e but it did not happen. I thought I will find someone to love me if it kills me. Well I married before I my last year of high school to a verbally and sexually abusive man. He took me to California were I knew no one. I details would be to horrific . He told me that if I took our children to church he would find a satan church to take them to that way they get both sides of the story. Then when we finely came back to Oregon he would not work. We stayed together for about a year. I cried out to the lord and said I can’t go on this way help me or let me die. Then I found someone I thought might help me and my 2 kids. I gave this man money until I had saved up enough to get my own apartment. Then when I was finely free I made sure this new man in my live knew he would never have the upper hand on me. Then I went back to my ex-husband for a few weeks. When I came back to my mind I called my friend who was there to help me again. I found a church and the children and I started going but I was not sure the LORD was there but just in case I want my kids safe. With my new husband I had everything looking from the outside, I did not let anyone near us or in the home I was always in fear for my children. Then In October 2004 around Halloween I learned about taking to Spirits. Well lets just say if I thought life was bad before it was about to get a lot worse.
The one song I think makes up my life to this point is ,

Because of you
I will not make the same mistakes that you did
I will not let myself cause my heart so much misery
I will not break the way you did
You fell so hard
I've learned the hard way, to never let it get that far

Because of you
I'll never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side
So I don't get hurt
Because of you
I find it hard to trust
Not only me, but everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid

I lose my way
And it's not too long before you point it out
I cannot cry
Because I know that's weakness in your eyes
I'm forced to fake, a smile, a laugh
Every day of my life
My heart can't possibly break
When it wasn't even whole to start with

Because of you
Because of you
So I don't get hurt
Because of you
I find it hard to trust
Not only me, but everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid

I watched you die
I heard you cry
Every night in your sleep
I was so young
You should have known better than to lean on me
You never thought of anyone else
You just saw your pain
And now I cry
In the middle of the night
For the same damn thing

Because of you
Because of you
So I don't get hurt
Because of you
I tried my hardest just to forget everything
Because of you
I don't know how to let anyone else in
Because of you
I'm ashamed of my life because it's empty
Because of you
I am afraid

Because of you
Because of you

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
I pretended I’m glad you went away
These four walls close in more every day
And I’m dying inside
And nobody knows it but me
Like a clown I put on a show
The pain is real even if nobody knows
And I’m crying inside

Why didn’t I say
The things I needed to say
How could I let my angel get away
Now my world is just a tumblin’ down
I can say it so clearly
But you’re nowhere around

The nights are lonely, the days are so sad
And I just keep thinkin’ about
The love that we had
And I’m missin’ you

I carry a smile when I’m broken in two
And I’m nobody without someone like you
I’m tremblin’ inside and nobody knows it but me
I lie awake it’s a quarter past three
I’m screamin’ at night as if I thought
You’d hear me
Yeah my heart is callin’ you

How blue can I get
You could ask my heart
But like a jigsaw puzzle it’s been torn all apart
A million words couldn’t say just how I feel
A million years from now you know
I’ll be lovin’ you still

The love that we had
And I’m missin’ you

Tomorrow mornin’ I’m hitting the dusty road
Gonna find you wherever, ever you might go
I’m gonna unload my heart and hope you come back to me
Said when the nights are lonely…

The love that we had
And I’m missin’ you

S

shekaniah

Have you ever read the book "The Bondage Breaker" By; Neil Anderson

This is a quote from a review of the book:

It is most important that Christians understand their identity in Christ; and the power, authority and freedom we have in knowing God's truth. "The Bondage Breaker" exposes subtle lies, and helps clarify what our focus should be. This book is especially good for those who are struggling with negative or sinful thoughts; addictive behavior; issues of guilt or unforgivness and intense spiritual attacks.