Couldn't find my keys....until

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
I dropped my keys outside on the grass. It was dark out, with a couple street lamps and the moon as the only sources of light.
When I used a flashlight, I found them. It reminded me of how a better source of light helps us find the keys.
It's wonderful that our Father gave his light to the world. 😊

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” Jn.8:12

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I dropped my keys outside on the grass. It was dark out, with a couple street lamps and the moon as the only sources of light.
When I used a flashlight, I found them. It reminded me of how a better source of light helps us find the keys.

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” Jn.8:12
Life is an ever-changing parable. Nice insight.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
8 “Or what woman who has ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully
until she finds it? 9 When she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, because I have
found the silver coin I lost!’

10 I tell you, in the same way, there is joy in the presence of God’s angels over one sinner who repents.” ~ Luke 15 (CSB)

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Amen! Sure glad God Helped me find the "Key To Unlocking The Scriptures":

View attachment 246364

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II).

Grace, Peace, And JOY!...
This helped me find the keys to unlocking much scripture,

And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday: Isa.58:10

I'm confident it unlocks all scripture. It's really just another way of saying follow Jesus. 😊

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
This helped me find the keys to unlocking much scripture,

And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday: Isa.58:10

I'm confident it unlocks all scripture. It's really just another way of saying follow Jesus. 😊
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

for I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭25:35-36‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

for I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭25:35-36‬ ‭KJV‬‬
That's it all the way through,

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Rom.8:1

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Glad God helped you find the keys with the extra light from the flashlight.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
That's it all the way through,

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Rom.8:1

And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
Daniel 12:23-‬4 KJV

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
1 John 3:16‭-‬19 KJV

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. ( Also the "Why" do we do what we do? To be saved ourselves ? Or because we care about the person ?)

Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.( Active love )
1 Corinthians 13:1‭-‬13 KJV

jb

Feb 27, 2010

Nice anecdote...(y)

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
Daniel 12:23-‬4 KJV

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
1 John 3:16‭-‬19 KJV

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. ( Also the "Why" do we do what we do? To be saved ourselves ? Or because we care about the person ?)

Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.( Active love )
1 Corinthians 13:1‭-‬13 KJV
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Mt.5;16

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Mt.5;16
“And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
“And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Exactly. The second I saw my keys, which I walked past in dim light a dozen times, I said, "Thank you dear God."
Now all I have to do is let his life in me reflect my thanks to him, 😊

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Psa.19:14

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Exactly. The second I saw my keys, which I walked past in dim light a dozen times, I said, "Thank you dear God."
Now all I have to do is let his life in me reflect my thanks to him, 😊

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Psa.19:14
A

amen brother

“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭4:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:5, 7-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints, for the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel; which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1:4-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower. When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭13:18-23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭8:11‬ ‭

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
A

amen brother

“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭4:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:5, 7-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints, for the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel; which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1:4-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower. When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭13:18-23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭8:11‬ ‭
You got it. The seed is the word of God. It's amazing how we could spend our whole lives studying and even teaching the word of God and then not know God.
That's what happened to many of the religious leaders in bible times. They could recite the OT, but things choked the real meaning of the Word out of them,

be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. Jas.1:21

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
You got it. The seed is the word of God. It's amazing how we could spend our whole lives studying and even teaching the word of God and then not know God.
That's what happened to many of the religious leaders in bible times. They could recite the OT, but things choked the real meaning of the Word out of them,

be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. Jas.1:21
amen yes James is teaching something he heard from Jesus if people will
Hear him teaching
they would understand James point about faith and works

“And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: he is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:46-49‬ ‭

a foundation is pretty important

“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent?

as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:13-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

without places to hear it and people just to share it , not re invent just where what’s there freely no one is ever going to really Know it in order to do it is the idea

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We need to make sure that happens still even today or how would anyone believe it and be saved or even know what baptism means ?

We can’t really believe in anything of faith any religion until we hear what it’s really about , if we do that we learn about the doing , but , we know what it is we’re meant to do also

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Praise the Lord!

It reminds me of how many times I misplaced something. I search and search and get concerned. Then I ask the Lord, "Dear Lord, I can't find it and I've looked everywhere I can think of. You can see all things. Would You kindly reveal it to me?".
Boom! There it is! He directs me right to the thing I lost. Happened many times.

I share it with my Catholic acquaintances and think they'll rejoice with me. They get all one uppity with me...." Oh yeah??? I lost my hat and prayed to Saint so and so, patron saint of lost stuff! It turned up the next day. Saint so and so answers MY prayers. ☝️

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
amen yes James is teaching something he heard from Jesus if people will
Hear him teaching
they would understand James point about faith and works

“And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: he is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:46-49‬ ‭

a foundation is pretty important

“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent?

as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:13-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

without places to hear it and people just to share it , not re invent just where what’s there freely no one is ever going to really Know it in order to do it is the idea

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We need to make sure that happens still even today or how would anyone believe it and be saved or even know what baptism means ?

We can’t really believe in anything of faith any religion until we hear what it’s really about , if we do that we learn about the doing , but , we know what it is we’re meant to do also
I happily agree.