Count your blessings-thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

toinena

Yes. I know. I complain and feel miserable. And many might say I have every reason to do so.

But this thread is about the blessings in life. The things to be grateful for. Kind of too positive for some, and for me it is a tough exercise, too. Let's give it a try.

T

toinena

I am blessed by having a healthy economy, a house to share with both guests, dogs and a future someone, a great car, good jobs.

And I have great pressure on my water, so that I have a fantastic shower.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
I have wonderful family and friends. I'm very blessed. :)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I am blessed by having a healthy economy, a house to share with both guests, dogs and a future someone, a great car, good jobs.

And I have great pressure on my water, so that I have a fantastic shower.
Hey no joke! Good water pressure is a wonderful thing! My mother lives on the top of a hill and her water pressure stinks. Whenever I go to visit mom, taking a shower is the one part I dread of the whole trip.

I have many things for which to be thankful, but I am thankful most for the perspective to realize I have many things for which to be thankful. So many people focus on what they don't have or what they dislike, when they have so many MORE things they could focus on that they have and like. They are always complaining when they could be a lot happier and enjoying life.

There's crab cakes for example. And peach cobbler. And chocolate pie...

notmyown

May 26, 2016
music! for that matter, hearing! being able to hear is such a blessing.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
music! for that matter, hearing! being able to hear is such a blessing.
What? Did you say something?

Just a minute, let me turn down my music...

Okay, what was that again? :cool:

As a music nerd I must agree. As one said, "When you sing, you pray twice."

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
I am God's prodigal daughter. I'm at a point in my life as most of you know where the Lord has faceplanted me on my knees at His feet. Although it's a tough place to be, it is awesome to have a God that loves us so much! Of course He has my full attention and as I walk in His will and listen and obey, fulfilling my calling, the blessings will roll in.
I am blessed to have a wonderful accountability partner, real true friends, unconditional love from family, and two beautiful children.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
What? Did you say something?

Just a minute, let me turn down my music...

Okay, what was that again? :cool:

As a music nerd I must agree. As one said, "When you sing, you pray twice."
Lynx, you make me laugh! :D

that's a great quote. i'm not a music nerd (and lol at bringing it back around), i just enjoy all kinds of it.
even classical. :eek:

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
That I have such an impressive collection of Nintendo DS and 3DS games!

(I could try posting a picture of those once I return from school, so you could see just how many I have...)

J

joefizz

That I have such an impressive collection of Nintendo DS and 3DS games!

(I could try posting a picture of those once I return from school, so you could see just how many I have...)
That sounds awesome,if there are no mario brothers or pokemon games then I would be shocked lol!

Mo0448

Jun 10, 2013
To have food on the table...
a bed to sleep...
a car to take you to your job...
a job to drive your car to...
a roof over your head...
family...

I strive to remind myself of these things daily as I head out the door...because having those things makes me very blessed...makes us all very blessed!

J

joefizz

Wow that's a cool collection I knew there would be pokemon and mario bros games in your collection but I had no idea that there was even mario party games,you're really getting me to consider playing hand held games again,and my favorites were and still are my favorites except for 1 game I wonder if you can guess which one..
mario bros 2,donkey country 1 and 2,Pocahontas,mario color,yugioh(don't know title),and mortal kombat,now which one would I not play again would you guess?

H

Hellooo

Access to clean water
Shelter, a place i can call my own
A steady job
A bed to lay in at night
Eyes that allow me to read
The warmth of the sun
Live in the best country on Earth
The wisdom and confidence that comes with age

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Sometimes when I've had a bad week,
I count my blessing by thinking of all the cataclysmic events which have NOT happened lately.

- I haven't fallen off a tall building and been pulverized to dust on the sidewalk below
- I haven't been buried alive under a giant avalanche and slowly frozen to death while asphyxiating
- I haven't been lost at see in a tiny rowboat and starved till I was driven to eat my own arms and legs
- I haven't heard from any exes

H

Hellooo

the coziness of a bathrobe
the camaraderie I feel with the team I work with
access to medical care
proximity to the beach
seeing the humor in most situations
feeling like my dreams are still worth chasing
ears that allow me to hear
lungs that allow me to breathe
fingers that allow me to play music
key lime pie
planes that make any location accessible
fall weather
GPS navigation

IDEAtor

Aug 15, 2012
I am grateful for the comfort of a jacket on a cool and rainy day.
I am grateful for how some time in sun uplifts my day.
I am grateful for how strangers are polite and even give good advice, or offer a prayer.
I am grateful for how authority figures (cops, paramedics, professors, etc.) are genuinely loving people-- outside of the profession. I am grateful for those who can afford to keep me employed. I am grateful for small talks and lengthier ones.
I am grateful for how musical notes can harmonize in a heavenly way. I am grateful for discord, how it can capture the angst I may feel. I am grateful for bursts of can-do attitude that causes my regular optimism to seem self-limiting (because it is).
I am grateful for the diversity found across the world-- and how people of these various backgrounds will worship God together, in the name of Jesus. I am grateful for the hope that God gives in every chapter of life. Sometimes it is hard to sense, but God is there. I am grateful for His Word and how He speaks and has spoken. I am grateful for family-- biological and otherwise. I am grateful for how God redeems and adopts, how He calls His sheep... and they hear His voice.
I am grateful for the countless days that people prayed for me when I was a child-- and even now. I am grateful for creative opportunities to serve God and to praise His Holy Name. I am thankful for exercise, that I have known it as a team member and as an individual needing to build muscle. I am grateful for how God reconciles-- and how His Ways are Higher than mine.
I am grateful for Christ's endurance and commitment-- not only to the cross, but to kick Satan's butt. I am grateful for kids who have greater faith, greater love, and greater hope than I have ever had. And I am grateful that many of my peers are still growing in the Lord. I am grateful for a man who confessed is financial troubles and a low point in his life-- and how he and I could share together our troubles and yet rejoice in the Lord's Provision. I am grateful for now, this moment. That, instead of worrying about tomorrow... I share a little bit of praise with someone who will benefit from reading something here. I am grateful for how God uses me, but I am also for when God has not used me-- for when He has pruned, discipline, withheld-- because it was the Right thing to do. I am so grateful that God still works on me. But I am just as grateful that He's Working on you, too.

God bless you. And thank Him for it.

--IDEA

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

I am blessed to be of service to my Father, even though most of the time I feel it a burden.

I am blessed with warm shelter, ample food, and access to clean water when so much of the world struggles for these things.

I am blessed to worship God when so much of the world is persecuted for their beliefs.

I am blessed to live the life I see fit to live, without the pressures of family or society to get me to "conform" to some arbitrary standard.

I am blessed to have the power to determine for myself what kind of life I will lead, even if my choice of poverty, chastity, and solitude runs contrary to most of modern society.

I am blessed to have open access to information so that I may learn and educate myself to rise above ignorance.

I am blessed to have been given an opportunity to understand my life's purpose even if I don't yet understand what that is.

T

Tinuviel

The first thing that comes to mind is Family.

I have a little note book that I keep this time of year (usually starting around the first of November and going to January), where I write one thing every day to be thankful for. It is a good exercise in reminding myself how rich I am in blessings!