Depression

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AprilAngel

Most of my life I've dealt with depression and self harm tendencies to numb that pain. Recently I've been feeling more depressed after losing one of two jobs and struggling to support not only myself but my 16 year old brother and ailing grandmother. My father was very abusive growing up and my mother was more verbally abusive. My brother and I are out of that sitiuation bit it still haunts us, I'm worried about my brother because he has become very rebellious and I do not want him getting into trouble. No one in my extended family cares enough to help and I'm at my wits end.

Yes I pray. No I see no improvements.

I feel like numbing the pain more but I don't at the same time. Fighting this depression is hard.
Sometimes i look at my scars and think...noone will notice if i open an old one...but i will. I cant.

S

spiritfilled

dear sister- my heart goes out to you and your brother-Please do not give up-I love you and JESUS LOVES YOU EVEN MORE-
please call out HIS name and cling to HIM in your time of need. HE is more powerful than that depression you carry inside you. Call on HIS name and fill your soul with JESUS and feel your symptoms less, that is what you need- MORE OF JESUS! If you speak JESUS into your life you will have more joy and eventually more control over depression, BUt it takes alot of practice and desire to WANT and SPEAK JESUS into your life- SAY his name out LOUD so you can HEAR yourself saying " JESUS YOU LOVE ME and YOU will replace this depression with JOY AND PEACE IN YOUR NAME JESUS AMEN- BY YOUR STRIPES I AM HEALED-
speak life -speak peace speak joy into your life and speak less of negative things and see your life be filled with JOY from teh LORD. IN JESUS NAME AMEN-

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Hugs April, adding all you ask and your brother to my prayers for you in Jesus's name.
Just keep holding on to Jesus, sometimes we dont see Him as easly, because our tears get in the way, but know He sees you, is with you and within you, trust in this in faith, He will not fail you.

Huge hugs and God bless
pickles

L

livinginfaith

Your beautiful in more than just one way. I'm sorry my dear, an keep your head held high, you are blessed in honors. I am proud of you. You just care and your heart is kind. I can tell "you pray" Never Give Up My Dear I am right there with you.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Most of my life I've dealt with depression and self harm tendencies to numb that pain. Recently I've been feeling more depressed after losing one of two jobs and struggling to support not only myself but my 16 year old brother and ailing grandmother. My father was very abusive growing up and my mother was more verbally abusive. My brother and I are out of that sitiuation bit it still haunts us, I'm worried about my brother because he has become very rebellious and I do not want him getting into trouble. No one in my extended family cares enough to help and I'm at my wits end.

Yes I pray. No I see no improvements.

I feel like numbing the pain more but I don't at the same time. Fighting this depression is hard.
Sometimes i look at my scars and think...noone will notice if i open an old one...but i will. I cant.

aprilangel, when you read this, I would like you to message me please. :) You can pm me and/ or leave me an offline, and you can usually find me in the Lounge room. I have dealt with depression my entire life, starting around age 9 or 10. One night I went and got my mom's scissors from her sewing room (this was in the middle of the night, btw) and I brought them back to my bedroom. My intent was to stab myself in the stomach with them. However, being the wimp that I am, lol, (I cant stand pain), I chickened out. I was maybe 12 or 13 when I did that. My entire life has been filled with hurt and disappointment. Many times I have thought about suicide, and have even attempted it more than once. Sometimes, the ONLY thing stopping me from doing it is the thought that I wont get to heaven if I do. I dont wanna burn in hell for taking my life and going against God's commandment to not kill. Like your mother, my mother was mentally abusive. For some people, that is worse than verbal or physical abuse. It certainly did a number on my head!! A couple years ago, I had alot going on--I had cancer, problems with my mother, and a wicked infestation of fleas in my house. It all culminated in me telling my dad on the phone that I hated my mother, and bawling my eyes out wishing my cancer would return and take me out of this world. I could literally get a vision in my head of my body swinging back and forth from a rafter on my back porch. That was the straw that broke the camels back. I vowed never to let my head get filled with those thoughts and visions ever again. For the most part, I'm fine now, but I do have the occasional thought so I banish the one who puts it there.
Cutting yourself isnt the answer. I've dont that too. Trusting Jesus to carry you through this is the answer and I know he will. :) God bless you april.