Des' Firearm Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
I don't really want my desert eagle to have pink hello kitty on it...

They were originally made and used by the army of Israel, I believe...

Gary

Oct 23, 2011
IMG_6821.jpg IMG_6822.jpg IMG_6823.jpg IMG_6824.jpg

I have a Springfield XD Mod2 .45
The other ones are my son's assortment of Nerf guns.

T

Tinuviel

I've owned rifles and shotguns for several years but plan on purchasing a Glock 9mm soon, after I get my CCW.
The Sig Sauer 9mm is a really nice gun, though Glock is generally a good brand also. I've never compared them, but you might want to look into the Sig if you're thinking of getting a 9mm.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I've heard good things about the new Legion series.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I don't think I would be able to shell out the money required for a SCAR.

I will probably try for the FNAR.

I think everyone who has a shotgun has or had a remington 870... They're like the bikes kids in the 70's all rode, the schwinn. Everyone had a schwinn...
Yeah, I wasn't prepared to drop that much on one either. Nice gun, but not superior enough to the AR model to justify the cost.

Gary

Oct 23, 2011
I haven't fired it yet; going to the range soon though. Will use cheaper 230 grain full metal case ammo[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] for practice and will have a magazine loaded with 12 Hollow Points that I will never use unless absolutely necessary. [/FONT]

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I haven't fired it yet; going to the range soon though. Will use cheaper 230 grain full metal case ammo for practice and will have a magazine loaded with 12 Hollow Points that I will never use unless absolutely necessary.
Some people love it (the grip/grip angle is raved about), others seem to think the slide is too top-heavy.

They say the same thing about most polymer guns though.

G

gymnerd

I used to own a mossberg .22 and a savage 30-06, but because I have cutting down on the stuff that I own I sold them since I really didn't have a need for them. I have been thinking about getting a handgun but i'm not sure what I would get.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I used to own a mossberg .22 and a savage 30-06, but because I have cutting down on the stuff that I own I sold them since I really didn't have a need for them. I have been thinking about getting a handgun but i'm not sure what I would get.
That depends on what you want to do with the handgun and what kind of budget you have.

You've come to the right place, though!

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
9mm is a pretty good all around cartridge as well as the .45 and .40. Lots of cheap ammo in those calibers and lots of different manufacturers of those pistols.

9mm is a little small. .45 is about right (imo). .40 is a good in-betweener.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
I was looking at pistols the other day (I was supposed to be shopping for a pink shotgun for my daughter...) and the sig sauer and beretta felt really good in my hand. They were a little more expensive than the Glock...

G

gymnerd

My friend has a I think its a smith and wesson .40. It felt nice when I was shooting it and it was small enough were you couldn't even tell he had it underneath his shirt.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
9mm is a pretty good all around cartridge as well as the .45 and .40. Lots of cheap ammo in those calibers and lots of different manufacturers of those pistols.

9mm is a little small. .45 is about right (imo). .40 is a good in-betweener.
I was thinking about buying a 9mm, but I may want more knock down power. I will consider the .40 caliber. My brother in law wants a .45 caliber all the way. The bigger the better according to him, along with maximum knock down power.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I was also thinking a desert eagle .44 mag someday...
By all means it's a beautiful weapon, but for $1,700 I could buy a couple of other weapons and still have money left over.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
By all means it's a beautiful weapon, but for $1,700 I could buy a couple of other weapons and still have money left over.
Yeah. Maybe someday.

Then again, I may just go with a revolver in .44 mag and save $1200.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
I was thinking about buying a 9mm, but I may want more knock down power. I will consider the .40 caliber. My brother in law wants a .45 caliber all the way. The bigger the better according to him, along with maximum knock down power.
It all just depends on your price range and what you want.

Lots of people love the 9mm. The ammo is pretty cheap too.

The 9mm typically holds more rounds than the .45 too, so that's something to think about.

The .40 comes in just about any configuration that the 9mm comes in...

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Yeah. Maybe someday.

Then again, I may just go with a revolver in .44 mag and save $1200.
Back in the day when I could "play" with guns I had the opportunity to fire a Desert Eagle and believe me it is a nice weapon, but not so great for someone with small hands such as myself, whereas a .44 revolver (Ruger Vaquero)with aftermarket grips worked well for me.

Speaking of very expensive large caliber weapons, I had the opportunity to fire a Barret .50 BMG.......sweeeeeet, but I could think of a lot of other things I could buy for $7,000.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
A friend of mine had a barret .50 cal. I didn't really enjoy shooting it. The muzzle break was so powerful it was like a jab to the face every shot.

But what it did downrange was pretty awesome... I enjoyed that.

I've never fired a desert eagle. I have shot a .44 mag revolver with the 9 3/4 barrel. It was one of the most accurate pistols I have shot, presumably because the long barrel, maybe the weight as well.

A pistol with that long of a barrel isn't real practical though. Its like a half a rifle... imo

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I have always wondered why guns cost so much. I doubt it cost that much to produce them