Did Jesus Die on The Cross for The Just/Elect/Saved Whose Names Are Written in The Book of Life OR

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
From the mouth of Jesus (God)

39 Therefore they could not believe. For again Isaiah said,

40 “He has blinded their eyes
and hardened their heart,
lest they see with their eyes,
and understand with their heart, and turn,
and I would heal them.”
All I can say is:
"Unbelief" to God in 100% truth, this is what I see, blinds people and hardens peoples Hearts. Just as when I saw to not drink as did back, now seems like a million years ago now. it has been over 40 now since stopped.
I saw it clearly, it was not good for me to continue in it. I was even told, it is permissible, just not good for me to continue in it. Just like being asked this
Will worry add a single moment to my life?
I responded worry, does not add a single moment to my life or anyone else's either! Precisely, it steals, kills and destroys

God to cause or do that to people, is not the God I know, as is many times mis represented through the word(s) used as translated from Greek to understand God
God loves us all period and wants, what is best for everyone, doesn't God want that for you, me and everyone else too, what is best?

Therefore, it is the people in free choice that choose to not believe God and who harden their hearts as Pharaoh did when God released his first chosen way back then. Pharaoh caused Pharoah's own demise by being God himself over the true God. People do that to this day still.
All I can see is:
Wow is me
Isaiah 6:1-7 I needed those tongs of the Holy Fire and I daily see I need them in remembrance of such a loving God daily. Those tongs of that Holy Fire is the risen Jesus for me, not against me, who lets me choose to find out for me what is beneficial and what is not. To harm anyone else is not beneficial to me nor is it to God, otherwise God would not have sent Son for us all to save us all by belief to his love and mercy for us all, in his risen Life.

Watch out for being under literal Laws as the First Chosen (as people today are also) were and wandered 40 years in the wilderness, because of "Unbelief to God" I wandered in belief to see and did not see under Law, clearly and I now uphold Law, not literally as did thanks hope to help

studier

Apr 18, 2024
No need for the insults.
🍓 Eating strawberries while reading you speak of insults. A good season. Emojis are fun! So many though. Exhausting learning a new language. Old. May have to take a nap next 💤.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
🍓 Eating strawberries while reading you speak of insults. A good season. Emojis are fun! So many though. Exhausting learning a new language. Old. May have to take a nap next 💤.
I was merely pointing out that insults are never necessary in a debate.

Rufus

Feb 17, 2024
God did not use DEATH He told the Disciples Lazarus was ASLEEP.

11 After saying these things, he said to them, “Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep, but I go to awaken him.”
So, Jesus didn't raise Lazarus from the dead? Don't you know that "sleep" can be used as a metaphor for physical death (Mat 9:24)? Also, why did you omit the very next few verses which explains what Jesus meant?

John 11:12-15
12 His disciples replied, "Lord, if he sleeps, he will get better." 13 Jesus had been speaking of his death, but his disciples thought he meant natural sleep.

14 So then he told them plainly, "Lazarus is dead, 15 and for your sake I am glad I was not there, so that you may believe. But let us go to him."

NIV

Rufus

Feb 17, 2024
[QUOTE="PaulThomson, post: 5300207, member: 327121"]It does not say specifically WHEN they had been appointed, nor does it say specifically what it was that they believed. The context fits with these gentiles having been appointed to aeonous life by their believing in the Gospel preached by Paul on the previous sabbath (Acts 13:16-43) and on this subsequent sabbath (Acts 13:44--46). The context fits with them, after having been so appointed by their faith in that gospel preached, believbing and rejoicing at what Paul said next -

For so has the Lord commanded us saying, "I have set you to be a light to the gentiles, that you should be for salvation to the ends of the earth. " And when the gentiles heard THIS, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord, as many as had been ordained to aeonous life [through putting their fairh in Jesus earlier].[/QUOTE]

They were ordained/appointed in eternity per truth revealed in other passages. Also, I'll really go out on the limb here and say that they believed the Gospel?

And how is someone appointed by their faith? What does that even mean? And the word translated "life" in v.46 ("zooees, Strong's 2222) means just that -- LIFE! And it come from Strong's 2198 ("zao") which means "to live". So how do you come up with faith for life? :rolleyes:

Also, if the spiritual dead have the power to believe the gospel, as you believe, then why is spiritual resurrection necessary? It seems to me those dead unbelievers raised themselves from the dead to become believers! :rolleyes:

Burn1986

Mar 4, 2024
for the Unjust/Nonelect/Unsaved whose names are not written in The Book of Life?

Revelation 21:27
There shall not enter into it any thing defiled, or that worketh abomination or maketh a lie, but they that are written in the book of life of the Lamb
So did your question get answered, or were you making a statement about yourself (being Unjust/Nonelect/Unsaved whose name is not written in The Book of Life)? My advice to you is stay away from anything defiled, bro :)

Rufus

Feb 17, 2024
All I can say is:
"Unbelief" to God in 100% truth, this is what I see, blinds people and hardens peoples Hearts. Just as when I saw to not drink as did back, now seems like a million years ago now. it has been over 40 now since stopped.
I saw it clearly, it was not good for me to continue in it. I was even told, it is permissible, just not good for me to continue in it. Just like being asked this
Will worry add a single moment to my life?
I responded worry, does not add a single moment to my life or anyone else's either! Precisely, it steals, kills and destroys

God to cause or do that to people, is not the God I know, as is many times mis represented through the word(s) used as translated from Greek to understand God
God loves us all period and wants, what is best for everyone, doesn't God want that for you, me and everyone else too, what is best?

Therefore, it is the people in free choice that choose to not believe God and who harden their hearts as Pharaoh did when God released his first chosen way back then. Pharaoh caused Pharoah's own demise by being God himself over the true God. People do that to this day still.
All I can see is:
Wow is me
Isaiah 6:1-7 I needed those tongs of the Holy Fire and I daily see I need them in remembrance of such a loving God daily. Those tongs of that Holy Fire is the risen Jesus for me, not against me, who lets me choose to find out for me what is beneficial and what is not. To harm anyone else is not beneficial to me nor is it to God, otherwise God would not have sent Son for us all to save us all by belief to his love and mercy for us all, in his risen Life.

Watch out for being under literal Laws as the First Chosen (as people today are also) were and wandered 40 years in the wilderness, because of "Unbelief to God" I wandered in belief to see and did not see under Law, clearly and I now uphold Law, not literally as did thanks hope to help
A couple of things. First can you point to any text in the bible that says that God always intended to save everyone on the planet?

Or can you provide any biblical proof wherein it is said in scripture that God loves each and every person on the planet? (Please spare me of Jn 3:16, for you would have to prove first that the term "world" is used in the distributive sense.)

Regarding my first question, you probably missed my 3044 in which I wrote a 15-pt. argument wherein the preponderance of evidence strongly concludes that God sovereignly decreed the salvation of only one of our first parents. I would invite you to read that argument.

And regarding the second question, are you aware that there are numerous passages in the bible that teach us that God hates sinners? Since this IS in fact the case, God cannot possibly love and hate sinners at the same time.

Foghorn

May 6, 2024
christcentered.community.forum
A couple of things. First can you point to any text in the bible that says that God always intended to save everyone on the planet?

Or can you provide any biblical proof wherein it is said in scripture that God loves each and every person on the planet? (Please spare me of Jn 3:16, for you would have to prove first that the term "world" is used in the distributive sense.)

Regarding my first question, you probably missed my 3044 in which I wrote a 15-pt. argument wherein the preponderance of evidence strongly concludes that God sovereignly decreed the salvation of only one of our first parents. I would invite you to read that argument.

And regarding the second question, are you aware that there are numerous passages in the bible that teach us that God hates sinners? Since this IS in fact the case, God cannot possibly love and hate sinners at the same time.
Dont hold your breath waiting for those texts.

Burn1986

Mar 4, 2024

To what end? I mean, what was the purpose again (of proving this)?

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
for the Unjust/Nonelect/Unsaved whose names are not written in The Book of Life?

Revelation 21:27
There shall not enter into it any thing defiled, or that worketh abomination or maketh a lie, but they that are written in the book of life of the Lamb
Jesus' SIN OFFERING (Isa 53:10) is sufficient for every human, of course.

HOWEVER - only the people who place their FAITH In Jesus' provision will profit from it, and become born again Christians.

The rest will perish. If you had ever bothered to read the Bible, you'd know about that.

Rufus

Feb 17, 2024
To what end? I mean, what was the purpose again (of proving this)?
Proving what? There is NO biblical proof that any NR person can supply that says that God loves each and every person in the world, or that he always intended to save the entire planet after the Fall. NRs have this mythical Santa Claus image of God. He's just a good natured, jolly ol' fella sitting in the heavens wringing his hands hoping that people will come to his Son and believe his gospel.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
So, Jesus didn't raise Lazarus from the dead? Don't you know that "sleep" can be used as a metaphor for physical death (Mat 9:24)? Also, why did you omit the very next few verses which explains what Jesus meant?

John 11:12-15
12 His disciples replied, "Lord, if he sleeps, he will get better." 13 Jesus had been speaking of his death, but his disciples thought he meant natural sleep.

14 So then he told them plainly, "Lazarus is dead, 15 and for your sake I am glad I was not there, so that you may believe. But let us go to him."
NIV
Read that passage of Scripture because the DISCIPLES thought Jesus was saying Lazarus took a nap.

So you are using these verses incorrectly.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
From the Apostle Paul:

24 The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man,

25 nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything.

26 And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place,

27 that they should seek God, and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us,

28 for
“‘In him we live and move and have our being’;
as even some of your own poets have said,

‘For we are indeed his offspring.’

29 Being then God's offspring, we ought not to think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and imagination of man.

30 The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
There is no scripture in the Holy Bible which shows Christ shed His blood for the nonelect.
It says he died for the sins if the whole world

‭2 Peter 3:9 KJV‬
[9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

‭2 Timothy 2:24-26 KJV‬
[24] And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, [25] in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; [26] and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

‭John 8:31-32 KJV‬
[31] Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; [32] and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

‭Luke 5:32 KJV‬
[32] I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

He doesn't hate sinners he loves them it's why he died for the world's sin

‭1 John 2:1-2 KJV‬
[1] My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: [2] and he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

‭Luke 15:1-2 KJV‬
[1] Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him. [2] And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

‭1 Timothy 2:3-4 KJV‬
[3] For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; [4] who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

‭1 Timothy 4:10 KJV‬
[10] For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012

Oh boy. wow, thank you for your intellectualness. Amazing how we as people, each born with the knowledge of good and evil. grow up to see what is good for us and bad for others.then argue about it, who is right and who is wrong
Show me and I will believe you attitude, I am right and you are wrong attitudes all movers of this world, Claiming Love and yet do not love to all. Only to those each chooses to love as if are god's and know better than others, thank you, I know nothing, God to me knows all and loves us all, otherwise, why did God in Son go to that cross and not fight back, back then?
You want proof, God loves us all, good or bad alike, wow, woe is me, I need not prove a thing. God has written down his word(s) to us the people to read and see. That began at Moses, God telling Moses all that had gone on from day one of the first Adam in failure of belief to God
This I see now, not always, God does love us all, how?
Jesus the Son as One (Won) at the cross in his willing death first, without a flesh fight back at all, even stopped Peter from waring in the flesh as he had pulled out his sword and cut off the ear of Malchus , trying to stop him from taking Jesus away.
Since you do not see this truth about willingness from you the self to God Father of the Son Jesus, that, to me, makes people blind, It did me, especially every time I was in doubt to God, the creator of all I see and do not see at the same time, because of doubt, I kick myself out of seeing truth over the errors here in this world still.

Read the Bible as. a Love letter to you from God to you, and do not strain out gnats, I used to do that and saw me swallowing camels over it in hey you I am right, you are wrong attitudes of the flesh nature playing god. Prove you are right and others are wrong, as if you are God, please

God simply loves you and all others too!!!!!!!

1 John 2:1-12

Authorized (King James) Version

2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 and he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. 3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning. 8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth. 9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. 10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. 11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name’s sake.

First, by willing death of one person, the Son Jesus, all people are forgiven by God , All. Whoever does not believe God, in his reconciliation through Son given them by Son for them are as dead. Good hates Sin, Sin is "Unbelief" to God, loves you as in 1 Cor 13:4-7 states what true love is for us all to see, believe and be new in, at least for me

Therefore, no John 3:16 for you as you said to not do. Okay

Ephesians 1:1-13

1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: 2 grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4 according as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 to the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7 in whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; 8 wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; 9 having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 10 that in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: 11 in whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12 that we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13 in whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Colossians 1:1-23

1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our brother, 2 to the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you, 4 since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints, 5 for the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel; 6 which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth: 7 as ye also learned of Epaphras our dear fellowservant, who is for you a faithful minister of Christ; 8 who also declared unto us your love in the Spirit.
9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 that ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; 12 giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 13 who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14 in whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 and he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; 20 and, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22 in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23 if ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012

Genesis 3:15

15 and I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Matthew 5:17

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

John 19:30

30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Hebrews 9:14-17

14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17 For a testament isof force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Hebrews 7:11-12

11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? 12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Believe God, receive from God and eventually see from God, as long as one does not give up,
Even if die here, or get stolen from, even beat up boy others

It started with "Unbelief", reversed by Son for belief to God to return and see new in continued trust to God, no matter what troubles come up
Col 1:21-23

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
No. God wants/wills everyone to be saved (He is the propitiation for the sins of world 1 John 2:2) but does not intend to force everyone to be saved ("I set before you life and death.... Choose life" Deut 30:19 )

God is love. If God is love, how can He not love everyone?

Agape love is an affection toward aomeone or something because one recognises them as having intrinsic value. It is a love that treasures.. To treasure what is intrinsically valuable means to hate that which devalues what is intrinsically valuable. Hence, hatred of the sinner, who is devaluing themselves and others, is an aspect of agape love. Therefore one can, in fact, agape and hate the same person at the same time. One can treasure them for their potential to be Christlike, and also hate them for devaluing the image of God in themselves and others.

The opposite of agape love is not hate. The opposite of agape love is indifference.

Rufus

Feb 17, 2024
Read that passage of Scripture because the DISCIPLES thought Jesus was saying Lazarus took a nap.

So you are using these verses incorrectly.
What the disciples thought is irrelevant. Lazarus was not only stone-cold dead, but because he had been entombed for more than 3 days, his body stank with decay!