Did Jesus Have an Advantage over Pre-Fall Adam During the Incarnation?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 14, 2022
As I have mentioned before, one major factor in Jesus having no advantage over us is that Jesus' successfully living a sinless life after many temptations proves that our sin was not necessary. There was no design flaw in Adam and his descendants that made sin inevitable
He crucified Himself to the world like every one should do

New International Version
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world

May 14, 2022
That isn't true. His advantages were being the only begotten Son of God, and being God the Son and knowing these things not to mention having many prophecies devoted to him and what he would do and knowing about those as well.
Receiving body of sin taking away any advantage

Feb 12, 2024
Darwin, NT
Jesus could not act in His own right as God. This is the very thing Satan was trying to get Jesus to do during the Temptations. We do not have the power and/or authority to turn stones into bread or command angels or rule the world, but Jesus as God does and can. None of those things are wrong for the Son of God to do except when He was to act as a man only ie. during the Incarnation. If He did give in to any one of those temptations in His humanity, He would have been disqualified to act on our behalf on the Cross. He was not allowed to cheat by using His own power and/or authority to act. Ergo, He did not have an advantage because He is the Son of God.