Did Jesus Have an Advantage over Pre-Fall Adam During the Incarnation?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 14, 2022
As I have mentioned before, one major factor in Jesus having no advantage over us is that Jesus' successfully living a sinless life after many temptations proves that our sin was not necessary. There was no design flaw in Adam and his descendants that made sin inevitable
He crucified Himself to the world like every one should do

New International Version
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world

May 14, 2022
That isn't true. His advantages were being the only begotten Son of God, and being God the Son and knowing these things not to mention having many prophecies devoted to him and what he would do and knowing about those as well.
Receiving body of sin taking away any advantage

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Receiving body of sin taking away any advantage

I don't agree and even if true, that happened at the end. He had full advantage most of his life.

sawdust

Feb 12, 2024
Darwin, NT
Jesus could not act in His own right as God. This is the very thing Satan was trying to get Jesus to do during the Temptations. We do not have the power and/or authority to turn stones into bread or command angels or rule the world, but Jesus as God does and can. None of those things are wrong for the Son of God to do except when He was to act as a man only ie. during the Incarnation. If He did give in to any one of those temptations in His humanity, He would have been disqualified to act on our behalf on the Cross. He was not allowed to cheat by using His own power and/or authority to act. Ergo, He did not have an advantage because He is the Son of God.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Yes but you said He had the advantage because He is God the Son. You are hardly comparing apples with apples.
lol...exactly my point which proves the advantage Christ had over Adam. God has all advantages over a mere man, even God incarnated as man.

sawdust

Feb 12, 2024
Darwin, NT
lol...exactly my point which proves the advantage Christ had over Adam. God has all advantages over a mere man, even God incarnated as man.
Then He didn't live as a man and if He didn't live as a man, He didn't die as a man.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Then He didn't live as a man and if He didn't live as a man, He didn't die as a man.
Yet he lived "as a man" because he was a man and he died as well. He was God the Son incarnated as God the Father's only begotten, human son.

sawdust

Feb 12, 2024
Darwin, NT
Yet he lived "as a man" because he was a man and he died as well. He was God the Son incarnated as God the Father's only begotten, human son.
I know He is the Son of God but we are referring to his life on earth during the Incarnation only. He could not live as God during that time or He would not have lived the perfect human life as an example for us or in place of us for the payment of sin. You insist He had an advantage because He is the Son of God but fail to show what manner this advantage took apart from the fact that He is God?

As God He has the right to heal whomever He wants, to tell creation to do what He wants, to perform any miracle He chooses but as a man He has no right to any of that. So if He must rely on God the Father and Spirit (and He did), how does He have an advantage?

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
I know He is the Son of God but we are referring to his life on earth during the Incarnation only. He could not live as God during that time or He would not have lived the perfect human life as an example for us or in place of us for the payment of sin. You insist He had an advantage because He is the Son of God but fail to show what manner this advantage took apart from the fact that He is God?

As God He has the right to heal whomever He wants, to tell creation to do what He wants, to perform any miracle He chooses but as a man He has no right to any of that. So if He must rely on God the Father and Spirit (and He did), how does He have an advantage?

Knowing he is God the Son and other titles as the Son of God and Messiah gives a natural and obvious advantage over regular humans.

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Joh 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

Joh 8:57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

May 14, 2022
I have already given a list of advantages he had.
He was God
After reincarnation he is man

New International Version
For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich

sawdust

Feb 12, 2024
Darwin, NT
Knowing he is God the Son and other titles as the Son of God and Messiah gives a natural and obvious advantage over regular humans.

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Joh 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

Joh 8:57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
So basically you are saying "knowledge is power". I have an advantage, knowing the Lord for 30 plus years over a Christian who has only known Him for 3 years.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
So basically you are saying "knowledge is power".
A man born who knows, not believes, but knows he is God has an advantage over all other humans.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
Adam was created by God, so were angels. Even the devil was created by God.

God is "the creator" therfore he has the advantage. He is holy and only holy. He doesn't change his ways.

Adam was created and in many ways very naive, and even wicked in many. He had to have been naive, despite the fact he would have been so intelligent. How could you fully understand death without seeing it? Obviously he should have just listened. However God would be well aware of what it means.

God is the one who put the tree of good and evil in garden when he knew Adam and eve would disobey. Why? He could have removed it. He could have waited to make the devil or not at all. There are a lot of things he could have done, but he chose the best one. We know that bc he's God and he's always good.

sawdust

Feb 12, 2024
Darwin, NT
A man born who knows, not believes, but knows he is God has an advantage over all other humans.
So you are saying His knowledge was innate? As a baby He had knowledge? That's not an advantage, that's cheating.

And how can one know the truth yet not believe it and still find favour with God? To not believe the truth is tantamount to rejection of God.

When it comes to "all other humans", Jesus did have an advantage, as He was not born spiritually dead and with a sin nature. This is why I am comparing His position only with Adam pre-fall.