Distractions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 20, 2022
let's see, the Christians have been distracted when feminism became normal, Abortion became legal, when the 10 Commandments was removed from public buildings, when praying and gathering became a law break, then same sex and now gender issues.

but we're too busy fighting about doctrine while we're letting the WHOLE DANG WORLD go to Hell!

we will be JUDGED!

those, who've died before us and we believed were great followers of God...could meet this:

22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’
23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

it's about WINNING SOULS, and i would bet in this thread alone, besides your own selves, probably children and immediate family only. i doubt total strangers..

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I don't know but if we only focus on why Christians are not Christians
It soon becomes ugly
yeah of only we would hear the gospel instead of judging one another unworthy of Jesus who came to save sinners

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:1-2‬ ‭

If God wants to say why we aren’t worthy we’re all doomed because none of us are . The message shouldn’t be why someone isn’t a Christian or a “ real Christian “ but should be about the salvation of sinners

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
yeah of only we would hear the gospel instead of judging one another unworthy of Jesus who came to save sinners

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:1-2‬ ‭

If God wants to say why we aren’t worthy we’re all doomed because none of us are . The message shouldn’t be why someone isn’t a Christian or a “ real Christian “ but should be about the salvation of sinners
The judgement I know of is the spirit that Judges my heart. What ever words flow from my heart is the spirits Judgement.

My house and My Garden is in order I have all I need 😊😍

My inheritance is im considered one of the family, this I know, anything else is a distraction.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
The judgement I know of is the spirit that Judges my heart. What ever words flow from my heart is the spirits Judgement.

My house and My Garden is in order I have all I need 😊😍

My inheritance is im considered one of the family, this I know, anything else is a distraction.
Yeah I was agreeing with you not speaking of you . I’m agreeing when we judge that others aren’t Christian’s or become about why they aren’t Christians things become ugly and unfruitful Because we’re judging them unworthy of Jesus when we do that

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Yeah I was agreeing with you not speaking of you . I’m agreeing when we judge that others aren’t Christian’s or become about why they aren’t Christians things become ugly and unfruitful Because we’re judging them unworthy of Jesus when we do that
Well that's a matter of Gods Judgement,

I can only know there fruits. Face to face.

Anything else is face value here.

I would have to be satan if I held everyone accountable for past Doctrines.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
The thing is pilgrims all theese past Doctrines where people have spoke in error,

How do you truly know they haven't changed there mind.

And there heresy was something spoke in error.

All these heresy speakers could be saved now.

Can you see the distraction now,

RaceRunner

Oct 13, 2022
2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all be manifested before the judgment seat of Christ, that every one may receive the proper things of the body, according as he hath done, whether it be good or evil.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
For we must all be manifested before the judgment seat of Christ, that every one may receive the proper things of the body, according as he hath done, whether it be good or evil.
Does Christ not Judge you everyday day to ?.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
What are some of the biggest distractions you can think of in the body of Christ that take away from what's truly important—the good news? To me, the list seems potentially endless. I'll just mention one as it happens to be one of my biggest pet peeves, that's Christian nationalism. I'm sure you can think of a few.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another...they will know you are mine by your love one for another.

That's what a distraction is for me. Its the flip side of what Christ said. You clearly can see some talk about Christ and are saved yet they do not know Him or that love He has for them which in turn they should be giving away. When you see your worst enemy and you have nothing but pure love for them. See that love only comes from Him and as long as we choose to see them our way through our eyes. The lack of love one for another will not be there. Never makes me mad.. day in day out a thread here and there that.. just hurts.

A simple verse will get jumped over passed "and do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you."

Yet the same GOD they say they love they do not obey. So that verse started with "and" so what came before it that also gets skipped over "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."

See its originally written "but only what is helpful". So if we take so many threads and apply what He said we find its not based on love. We care more about how we personally feel about them. Them being the ones that we disagree with. You don't understand how something like this hurts Him. Its the small things that matter the most. So Christian forums are the distraction for me. Like the song that comes to mind.. what are the odds "hard to see when my eyes are on me". Keith Green. In all this one forum been there over 20y I have never once ignored anyone.. never wanted to. They are family.. I love them just disagree

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
"For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect. For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." 1 Corinthians 1:17-18

RaceRunner

Oct 13, 2022
Titus 1-16

1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of the elect of God and the acknowledging of the truth, which is according to godliness: 2 Unto the hope of life everlasting, which God, who lieth not, hath promised before the times of the world: 3 But hath in due times manifested his word in preaching, which is committed to me according to the commandment of God our Saviour: 4 To Titus my beloved son, according to the common faith, grace and peace from God the Father, and from Christ Jesus our Saviour. 5 For this cause I left thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and shouldest ordain priests in every city, as I also appointed thee:

6 If any be without crime, the husband of one wife, having faithful children, not accused of riot, or unruly. 7 For a bishop must be without crime, as the steward of God: not proud, not subject to anger, not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre: 8 But given to hospitality, gentle, sober, just, holy, continent: 9 Embracing that faithful word which is according to doctrine, that he may be able to exhort in sound doctrine, and to convince the gainsayers [Titus 1:9] 10 For there are also many disobedient, vain talkers, and seducers: especially they who are of the circumcision:

11 Who must be reproved, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. 12 One of them a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are always liars, evil beasts, slothful bellies. 13 This testimony is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men, who turn themselves away from the truth. 15 All things are clean to the clean: but to them that are defiled, and to unbelievers, nothing is clean: but both their mind and their conscience are defiled.

16 They profess that they know God: but in their works they deny him; being abominable, and incredulous, and to every good work reprobate.

L

Locoponydirtman

Internet forums, are a distraction.

Jun 25, 2023
Amen, Precious friend, and A Very Warm Welcome To Chat.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II). ← PG Rated "Approved" *

Grace, Peace, And JOY!… + RICH Blessings ♫ 😇 ↑

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

View attachment 252935
Thank you Grace for the warm welcome! It is good to fellowship with the saints, those born again followers of Christ and to practice Acts 17:11 and Heb 13:1.

KJalright

Jun 25, 2023
[Pro 3:5-6 KJV] 5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

I think leaning on our own understanding & comfortability, has become a distraction (one that I, too am guilty of). We try to make sense of things in a crazy world, and when we can't make sense of them or accept them, we make up our own rules about what God wants and accepts. It only takes us further from the right path, yet makes us feel like we're doing something right.

We're asking ourselves the wrong questions. Instead of thinking "What does God want me to do?" we say "Hmm that doesn't feel right to me. Soo that must not be what God wants." Right? We've become distracted by being comfortable and accepted in this world we lose sight of the fact that we're not supposed to be comfortable here.

An example in the Church is when people say things like "God doesn't call us to hate". Not true. [Pro 6:16-19 NKJV] 16 These six [things] the LORD hates, Yes, seven [are] an abomination to Him: 17 A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood, 18 A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that are swift in running to evil, 19 A false witness [who] speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren. So yes, we are called to hate some things, because the Lord himself does. But it's hard when this means you potentially have to hate things within yourself, or your mother, father, daughter, cousin, etc. So we distract ourselves by leaning unto our own understanding and saying God is love so I won't say anything to stop them from doing what God hates.

F

FollowingtheWay

Aw Tozer had a good statement related to distraction and it has helped me focus on what is true.

“Has it ever occurred to you that one hundred pianos all tuned to the same fork are automatically tuned to each other? They are of one accord by being tuned, not to each other, but to another standard to which each one must individually bow. So one hundred worshipers met together, each one looking away to Christ, are in heart nearer to each other than they could possibly be, were they to become 'unity' conscious and turn their eyes away from God to strive for closer fellowship.”​
A.W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God: The Human Thirst for the Divine

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
amen fully agree and so this means we aren’t anyone’s judge jesus is

“But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, And every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭14:10-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Your quote is absolutely true one day at myself have to go before Jesus the judge of all mankind and give an account of my life only what I did and said it’s just gonna be me and Jesus and he’s not going to ask me if you are saved or worthy of him he will be dealing with me based on what I’ve done and said in him

thats exactly my point of I start seeing others as unworthy of Jesus I’ve only condemned my own self by that judgement when I go before him I want to know his words nd know I’ve done my best to honor those words of my judge because there’s life in them imagine that day I go appear before him if I took this seriously in life what it means

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall be given into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:36-38‬ ‭

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.”
‭‭James‬ ‭2:12-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Amen to your quote and that’s the very reason we don’t judge anyone unworthy of Jesus he can save anyone of we don’t get in the way

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
We try to make sense of things in a crazy world, and when we can't make sense of them or accept them, we make up our own rules about what God wants and accepts.
Hopefully then, these rules will help make sense of what we study in God's Word
Of Truth?:

Bible study rules!

Avoiding all distractions?

Amen.