Do Catholics and Muslims worship the same God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 28, 2013
The reason you don't understand why we see that you are in error is because you are blinded by traditions if man. You can say you don't worship Mary but in fact you do. You pray to her. Even your pope John Paul the whatever had sewn into his robes " I am totally yours Mary " these are signs of worship. The bible teaches we are to give ourselves to Christ not Mary. We also are to pray to God not Mary. Catholics are not all bad. They need to drop the worship of Mary and idols and worship only the true God of the bible.

Catholics don't worship Mary. You lying about it isn't helping your case.

I once believe Catholics were wrong. I was born again in a Baptist Church and was grateful to learn about Jesus as a protestant. However, Jesus only started one Church, and it is the same today as it was when he built it. The Catholic Church is the Church Jesus started.

Aug 28, 2013
Ecc 9:5, "For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten.

1 Corinthians 15:51-53, "Behold, I show you a secret truth: we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed-- In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we will be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."

[SUP]1 Corinthians 15:20, " [/SUP]But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep."

The Pharisees prayed to dead Rabbis also btw

Isayah 65:3-5, "A people who provoke Me to anger continually to My face; who sacrifice in gardens, and burn incense on altars of brick; Who assemble and spend the night keeping memorials for the dead, who eat swine's flesh, and the broth of abominable things is in their vessels, Who say; Stand by yourself! Do not come near me, for I am holier than you! These are a smoke in My nostrils, a fire that burns all the day."

Jesus said that if we believe in and live in him we will never die. Do you believe this?

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
I didnt draw these pictures.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Jesus said that if we believe in and live in him we will never die. Do you believe this?
If we enter the kingdom of Yahweh we will never go through the real death, yes.

11 of the 12 disciples were murdered by Rome so they tasted FLESHLY death, but wont taste the 2nd death

HOWEVER NONE HAS BEEN RAISED YET, except the firstfruits, YAHSHUA

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
....The Catholic Church is the Church Jesus started.
Mattithyah 23:9, "And you must not pray to or worship any man on earth as a "Father", for you have only One Father, Who is in heaven. And do not be called rulers, for One under Yahweh is your Ruler--the Messiah."

Revelation 13:6, "And xhe opened his mouth in blasphemy against Yahweh, to blaspheme His Name, and His House,
and those who dwell in heaven."

Pope says not to use the Name Yahweh: Vatican Says No 'Yahweh' In Songs, Prayers At Catholic Masses - Music & Dance - Entertainment - Catholic Online

Acts 5:29, "Then Kepha and the other apostles answered, and said; We must aobey Yahweh rather than men."

"The Pope is of great authority and power that he can modify, explain, or interpret even divine laws... The Pope can modify divine law, since his power is not of man, but of God, and he acts as vicegerent of God upon earth." -Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Ribliotheca, "Papa," art. 2, translated.

Are There Any Limitations on the Power of the Pope?

Revelation 17:4, "And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication."

R

Reformedjason

Catholics don't worship Mary. You lying about it isn't helping your case.

I once believe Catholics were wrong. I was born again in a Baptist Church and was grateful to learn about Jesus as a protestant. However, Jesus only started one Church, and it is the same today as it was when he built it. The Catholic Church is the Church Jesus started.
The give theirselves to Mary , they pray to her. Use your brain this is worship. Calling me a liar ? I just said exactly what you Catholics do. It is normal though. If you use your brain , historically you will go against the Catholic Church. I agree. Jesus did start one church. It is no where close to Catholicism. Read the bible and stop listening to the RCC. They only repeat the same thing over and over." We don't worship Mary " then in action they do.

7seven7

You are consistently misrepresenting Catholic teaching. You are persecuting the body of Christ.

Catholics, and many other Christians, ask Mary to pray for us. The bible tells us that the prayers of the righteous are powerful and effective. The bible tells us that those who believe and live in Christ will never die. The bible tells us that death will not separate us from the love of Jesus. The bible tells us that those in heaven rejoice when a sinner converts, and therefore they are aware of and concerned about what happens here.

Why wouldn't we ask those in heaven to pray for us?
What is the truth in this catechism and the pope speech regarding the Muslims

The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day

1. and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day:- The Catholics worship the same god as that the god of the Muslims?
2. or That the Muslims God, "the one" and merciful is mankind's judge on the last day?

or from pope speech

I greet and thank cordially all of you, dear friends belonging to other religious traditions; firstly the Muslims, who worship the one living and merciful God, and call upon Him in prayer

3. The Muslims, worship the god , "The one living and merciful god" and call upon him in prayer.

Note in the catechism "AND TOGETHER WITH US" They adore... It did not state they only recognise the one God, but together with the Muslims....they worship the mankind judge on the last day...

Muslims- worship their god and call upon him in prayer and their god have no Son.

Now where is the truth in there???

This is a Christian Chat/Discussion Forum if there are muslims in here viewing this post I am sure this post is not leading them to Catholicism. (Why leave Muslims if they have the same god as that of the catholics, plus in Islams you are allowed to have more wives)

But leading them to the True God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob....I hope not only Muslims, but Catholics also and other religions.

and Personally I do share the gospel to Muslim, whenever I get a chance.

No, first, How would the Catholic Church lead them to gospel if they worship the same god. Their god have No SON, How would they have a gospel???

the pope in his speech recognize that the Muslims call their god in Prayer. If they become Catholic, They will call on to Mary in their prayer instead of their god.
Watcher! Again, you have taken everything out of context in order to suit your argument. You COMPLETELY ignored what I explained to you that the pope meant when he stated that Muslims worship the same God and how I said that they understand him differently to us. We know this because they too worship the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob. They differ to us because they don't believe that Christ was the Messiah or God made flesh. Their God and our God the Father are still the same God. They fail to recognise the Holy Spirit and Christ as God as well. THIS IS WHAT THE CATECHISM MEANS WHEN WHEN IT STATES THAT THEY HAVE A HEAD START AHEAD OF OTHERS WHEN IT COMES TO LEADING THEM TO THE TRUTH! They believe in God! The same God. They just don't understand Him completely when it comes to Trinity!
As "a preparation for the Gospel and given by him who enlightens all men that they may at length have life." This is where our job comes in. To use that preparation and fill them with the continuing truth about OUR God.

Your last statement about praying to Mary instead of God proves to me that this has become a personal attack on Catholics for you because you have COMPLETELY ignored us when we told you we do not do this. When you have the brain capacity to open up your mind beyond your bias and to look deeper into the teachings of the Catholic Church to know them before you criticise them, then I will continue to discuss with you. Your comments are too shallow. Peace, and God bless.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
worsip of a meteorite, crazy.

1Christianwarrior316 do you know of any connection between the Kabba and cube worship in the Kabbala?

I dont know if theres any connection, never looked into it, thought you may know?

Oct 31, 2011
Some of the things that are done in these posts has me on my knees for some of you! The false accusations alone!

I think the catholic church is doing some things that the bible tells us not to do, but so are some of the churches a lot of the posters who are throwing stones belong to.

Didn't Christ say to look to the log in our own eye so we could see to take the splinter out of others eye.

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
Really?

View attachment 56829

Then why are they bowing to the kaaba stone?
The wailing wall, the temple, the church, the Kaaba. It is a place where people can get together and pray. We worship the God of that house not the house. This is instructed in Surah 106:3. The Kaaba brings people from all over the world to mix with each other.

Drett

Feb 16, 2013

You have not studied Arabic, then...
I studied under an elderly lady who actually spoke the language of the Quran. She amazed people in Saudia Arabia and they were able to understand what she said.

Nov 19, 2012
I studied under an elderly lady who actually spoke the language of the Quran. She amazed people in Saudia Arabia and they were able to understand what she said.
That's almost as amazing as the five year old that can recite the entire Koran from cover to cover - without understanding ANY of it...

Nov 19, 2012
The wailing wall, the temple, the church, the Kaaba. It is a place where people can get together and pray. We worship the God of that house not the house. This is instructed in Surah 106:3. The Kaaba brings people from all over the world to mix with each other.

Sura 106

قريش

“Qurayshin”

“Victorious”

(Named in honor of Jesus’ Elect)

Summary:

106.1 To unite victorious. (Jesus unites His Elect)

106.2 Their uniting together, removal (of) the drought and the hot season. (Jesus’ Elect are protected against heat and thirst)

106.3 So that they may worship (the) Lord (in) this, the House. (Jesus is worshiped as God in the New Jerusalem)

106.4 Whom He fed them from hunger, and secured them from fear. (Jesus gives the right to eat from the tree of Life and wipes away all fear)

Nov 19, 2012
We worship the God of that house not the house.
Actually, you worship the cube...and then you kiss the black rock.

This is idol worship at its very best.

Islam = the Big Lie!

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
A most interesting thread. Well, really two threads. I can't figure out if it is about the Catholic Church or the religion of Islam!!

Since I can't fuse the two together, I will just comment on a personal experience with Islam.

Two years ago, when I was taking World Religions for my Seminary degree, we chose to go to a Mosque. The Imam was from Egypt, had memorized the Qur'an and had a degree in comparative religions, and he knew the Bible better than most lay Christians. He tried to convert our class, of course, but didn't have a lot of luck.

I found the people to be kind and friendly, and spent a lot of time talking with them. However, the thing I really walked away with, is the the Muslims believe in the Torah - The first 5 books of our Bible. I found that interesting, because if you read it, it really is the story of the Jews, with a few verses about Ishmael. So why they feel it is true, when it is not really about them, I do not know.

The other thing the Imam said was although they believe in the gospels, BUT the 4 "gospels" and the rest of the New Testament have been "corrupted". That gives them a lot of wiggle room to deny everything the Bible says about Jesus, except that he is a prophet, and Messiah, who is coming at the end of the age. I found that interesting, but even when our prof challenged the Imam about was it "possible" that God could come down as a man to earth from heaven, the Imam said he could, but he wouldn't. End of conversation.

So that tells me that the Muslim religion does not believe in the revelation of Jesus Christ as God and man.

So whatever else the Catholics believe, they do believe in the divinity and humanity of Christ. The Muslims do not. So regardless of what the Pope says, it cannot be the same religion.

Of course, I am neither Catholic nor Muslim, just relating my own experiences I garnered at the Mosque.

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
Actually, you worship the cube...and then you kiss the black rock.

This is idol worship at its very best.

Islam = the Big Lie!
The scriptures states to worship the God of the house. You can believe as you wish.

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
Sura 106

قريش

“Qurayshin”

“Victorious”

(Named in honor of Jesus’ Elect)

Summary:

106.1 To unite victorious. (Jesus unites His Elect)

106.2 Their uniting together, removal (of) the drought and the hot season. (Jesus’ Elect are protected against heat and thirst)

106.3 So that they may worship (the) Lord (in) this, the House. (Jesus is worshiped as God in the New Jerusalem)

106.4 Whom He fed them from hunger, and secured them from fear. (Jesus gives the right to eat from the tree of Life and wipes away all fear)
You are the copy and paste king :)

This sort of nonsense is the reason why I am studying Arabic. So I don't need to rely on translations. I don't know why you want to keep trying to change the translation. Hebrew also has many words that have many meanings. You take the context of the verse to find the correct translation.

Let them adore the Lord of this House

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
A most interesting thread. Well, really two threads. I can't figure out if it is about the Catholic Church or the religion of Islam!!

Since I can't fuse the two together, I will just comment on a personal experience with Islam.

Two years ago, when I was taking World Religions for my Seminary degree, we chose to go to a Mosque. The Imam was from Egypt, had memorized the Qur'an and had a degree in comparative religions, and he knew the Bible better than most lay Christians. He tried to convert our class, of course, but didn't have a lot of luck.

I found the people to be kind and friendly, and spent a lot of time talking with them. However, the thing I really walked away with, is the the Muslims believe in the Torah - The first 5 books of our Bible. I found that interesting, because if you read it, it really is the story of the Jews, with a few verses about Ishmael. So why they feel it is true, when it is not really about them, I do not know.

The other thing the Imam said was although they believe in the gospels, BUT the 4 "gospels" and the rest of the New Testament have been "corrupted". That gives them a lot of wiggle room to deny everything the Bible says about Jesus, except that he is a prophet, and Messiah, who is coming at the end of the age. I found that interesting, but even when our prof challenged the Imam about was it "possible" that God could come down as a man to earth from heaven, the Imam said he could, but he wouldn't. End of conversation.

So that tells me that the Muslim religion does not believe in the revelation of Jesus Christ as God and man.

So whatever else the Catholics believe, they do believe in the divinity and humanity of Christ. The Muslims do not. So regardless of what the Pope says, it cannot be the same religion.

Of course, I am neither Catholic nor Muslim, just relating my own experiences I garnered at the Mosque.
Thanks for sharing your experience