Do You As a Single Person Feel More Pressure to Get (or Stay) In Shape?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 15, 2024
My friend came to me once saying " we should exercise more. How about we start going to the gym? I really need to work on my cardio."

I politely declined saying no thank you.

He kept asking me for a couple days, a couple days turned into weeks, and on the third week he came to me.

"Listen man, I really need to work on my cardio. I want to increase my speed and strengthen my wind".

Without skipping a beat , I walked over to my dog that was inside the house.......
Let's just say word has it, that he increased his speed and strengthened his wind real quick lol.

(This is only a joke)
😅😅😅😅well thank GOD for that

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
3 John 1:2

New International Version
Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.

New Living Translation
Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit.

English Standard Version
Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.

Berean Standard Bible
Beloved, I pray that in every way you may prosper and enjoy good health, as your soul also prospers.

Berean Literal Bible
Beloved, I pray you to prosper concerning all things and to be in good health, just as your soul prospers.

King James Bible
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

New King James Version
Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.

New American Standard Bible
Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.

The reasons for all the different versions of this one verse is because I wanted you to see the common thread the word HEALTH.
Life is about balance....as a worship leader I can tell you that if I am unfit leading people in worship can get very tasking. In fact it was One sunday morning while I was leading worship I became breathless. I realised right then and there I needed to get some exercise in. I am a healthy eater, had no choice but to be after I had a near stroke, but you know what? I still needed to move my body in the form of what? EXERCISE....If you don't feel so inclined to exercise "nuff" respect to you, but to use the scriptures to validate your decision is misleading. My body is the temple of the HOLY GHOST, and GOD will not be pleased with me if I mistreat it.
Exercising physically alone and not spiritually is wrong thus the scripture you made reference to. I thank GOD as a christian I can do BOTH and praise GOD I can now lead people in worship and not be out of breath. Life is about balance.
So, your answer is to the op is, "yes"?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Looking over the last ten posts or so... I'm convinced that some people wouldn't recognize a joke if it bit them in their frontal lobes. o_O

Oct 21, 2022
I'm just going with my Greek theme no matter the fallout. It's like the battle of Thermopylae up in here

Oct 21, 2022
Looking over the last ten posts or so... I'm convinced that some people wouldn't recognize a joke if it bit them in their frontal lobes. o_O
Yep people need to lighten up or I'll have to start putting them in a headlock.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Greeks were all body builders right, they invented the gym.

Jews were more concerned with spiritual exercise though, but many people neglect that, since well you cant SEE spirit.

Pardizzle

Feb 1, 2024
Texas
For me, fitness and exercise has been a staple in my life. I am single now, but even when I was married it was part of my lifestyle. I can see the perspectives of both the married and the single people, but for me it didn't matter.