Do You Believe Roman Catholic Christians Are Vaild Christians???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 17, 2013
Former anti-Catholic evangelical pastor Scott Hahn is a convert from Evangelical Protestantism into the Catholic Faith. In 1984 he decided to observe a Catholic Mass - he went back to hear mass daily after that and finally converted into Catholicism after being so immensely critical of the Church.
[video=youtube_share;1gCGZtsn878]http://youtu.be/1gCGZtsn878[/video]

zone

Jun 13, 2010
oh please.
don't proselytize for Catholicism.

do not do it.

Nov 14, 2012
Former anti-Catholic evangelical pastor Scott Hahn is a convert from Evangelical Protestantism into the Catholic Faith. In 1984 he decided to observe a Catholic Mass - he went back to hear mass daily after that and finally converted into Catholicism after being so immensely critical of the Church.
[video=youtube_share;1gCGZtsn878]http://youtu.be/1gCGZtsn878[/video]

Scott Hahn is a wonderful man. And makes a lot of sense. I hope someone watches this

D

danschance

Every creed mainline protestants adhere to, the Catholics do as well. So in that sense they are Christian. The problem is that they do not accept the bible as their final authority and have included some traditions that are not found in scripture. I also feel it is wrong to bash Catholics.

I once considered joining Catholicism but decided against it. My main issue is that I saw an entire family kneel and pray before a statue of a man. It struck me as odd. If Catholics believe God to be Omnipresent, Omniscient and Omnipotent then why do we need to pray to anyone else? Isn't prayer by definition an act of worship?

Feb 7, 2013
Peace be with you, the moment i saw this tread my spirit was troubled about senior members are being troublemakers for the Kingdom of GOD. Are you calling out for a reformation again?
Do you want to test the LORD thy GOD who have given us freedom to read the Holy Bible until today and able to share to others in building and edifying each other?
They are minding their own business and allowed us by GOD's will to do ours. Those days people like you and me are hunted down and persecuted for possessing a Holy Bible and acting like this.

This was the LORD's way of mysteriously answering them then, which is quoted from the Gospel an incident, when the Priest and the Scribes challenged HIM asking; 'In who's authority have you done these disturbing things in the temple?' 'And JESUS counter question them asking; 'In who's authority John the baptist, baptizes people?' Weren't they very careful to answer HIM, the one who they acknowledge as a Teacher and yet did not get an answer at all?

This is also now the LORD's way of answering to you and me today, proclaimed by the HOLY SPIRIT our HELPER; 'Do you believe that the non-Roman Catholic Christians are valid Christians?'
i would be very careful or not answer at all until i truly understand true love for others, valid or non-valid Christians.

No one need to listen to me but rather listen to the LORD of the Holy Scripture's voice who is the same yesterday, today and forever, Amen.

O

oOfallen_angelOo

Actually, all the denominations were results of the Devil's sowing, which eliminated the truth of God after Jesus's and the apostles death.

In Revelations, the protestant churches are the result of Babylon the Great, whom is their Mother; the Mother of all Prostitutes ( note that it's plural, not singular.) Babylon gave birth to all the smaller Babylons - ie, the protestant churchs that came from the reformation.

Until Christ comes and reveals the truth of God again, no one is a true Christian, because everyone is following some form of falsehood.

Lets start with some of the obvious like Christmas and Easter; both were taken from paganism and violate the 1st commandment which specifies not to celebrate another god alongside God; Christmas was taken from Saturnalia ( celebrating a faux god of harvest,) and Easter is taken from Eostre which is a fertility goddess.

Really:

Where do you think xmas trees come from? What does decorating a tree have anything to do with Christ?

Where do you think the rabbits and eggs come from? What do those have to do with Christ?

Absolutely nothing.

The Catholic Church became divided so long ago; thus came the Dark Ages in which many believers were slaughtered, and then all of a sudden the reformation in which all believers were and are still trying to seek the actual truth of God that was ruined.

The Catholic Church established all of the major traditions kept by protestant churches such as the faux Christian holidays, and what not.

The Catholic Church has many doctrines to justify their odd perspectives on the Bible, and even go as far as to say that the Bible isn't enough for salvation in the Catechism. Really...the words of God aren't enough yo?

~

Take a step back and look at what we hold as " faith" and " God's ways;" really, how many are deceived and follow the traditions set in place by Popes and man?

This is why the Bible warns about following the traditions of man;

The abomination has set himself up as God, and has come to deceive many.

The Devil is in the churches.

I advise not to take that last statement with a grain of salt.

P

Powemm

James 1:26
Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.
James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Jan 17, 2013
Scott Hahn is a wonderful man. And makes a lot of sense. I hope someone watches this
Yes, Hahn's a learned man of God who set aside prejudice, and once discovering the Truth turned not away from it. A wonderful testimony.