Do You Hate Money...or God??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AmberGardner

[video=youtube;UYmGDcMYH5s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYmGDcMYH5s&feature=share&list=UUmXReUlU9y siRuJBFjPj_xg[/video]

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
do you have a pin number in your fore-head that you use to buy sell and eat,,,or the name of god?

A

AmberGardner

I hate money!!!!!!!

A

AmberGardner

I used to think that way. It caused my life a LOT of problems. Money's not evil; craving it is.
I've thought that way my entire life and it never caused me problems.

N

nathan3

Money is fine if you know how to use it wisely . And naturally, money does not get in the way of God.. Plus I don't have much of it anyway :)

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I think there is a difference between having money and using it appropriately, and the Word Faith or Prosperity Gospel. She touched on it a bit in this video.

The Health and Wealth gospel makes the gospel about us. Our gospel has to be about Jesus Christ. The gospel is not a "get out of hell free" card. It is not an invitation to become rich.

The gospel is an invitation to serve the living God, to know Him and have a relationship with Him. I do believe that Jesus was telling us to cling to God, to love him first, and our neighbor as ourselves. When we make getting money the gospel, then it is "all about us."

Christ may give us money or give us nothing. That should not determine how we serve him. I was just reading about a Nigerian televangelist on another thread. Now that is the worst of the worst of health and wealth! Getting rich off the flock, when they are living in a country which has huge inequities and a large class of people living in poverty.

"Poverty in Nigeria remains significant despite high economic growth it first started sometime during the British empire. Nigeria has one of the world's highest economic growth rates (averaging 7.4%[SUP][1][/SUP] over the last decade), a well-developed economy, and plenty of natural resources such as oil. However, it retains a high level of poverty, with 63% living on below $1 daily," Wikipedia

And I don't have much money either, anyway! But a lot more than those poor Nigerians!

T

TheMachine

if money was evil then why was there a parable about the talents??? Wasn't that money? I thought it was the LOVE of money is the root of evil.....Love God, get a job and earn money, pay your bills do your thing.How do you tithe if you you hate money?

The Machine

A

AmberGardner

why was there a parable about the talents??? Wasn't that money?
Yes, money was used as an example. Not that we should take our money and invest it for ourselves, but we are to take what God has given to us and invest it into the kingdom of God.

Luke 18:22 When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
Matthew 6:19 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.

Jul 25, 2013
[video=youtube;UYmGDcMYH5s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYmGDcMYH5s&feature=share&list=UUmXReUlU9y siRuJBFjPj_xg[/video]
I hate money that's why I have none, would you like to help me compromise and donate?

allaboutlove

Jun 11, 2013
I nether hate nor love money its simply something required to live here an its nice to have some extra sometimes but i see bo point in puttin any futher thought into than that.

W

wordhelpsme

I Love our Creator. He tells us the way to use money wisely, though many choose not to.

I don't hate money, or love it, I hate what it does to people.

A Protection

Ecclesiastes 7:12 says: "For wisdom is for a protection [the same as] money is for a protection; but the advantage of knowledge is that wisdom itself preserves alive its owners."

As a protection it pays for food, clothing and shelter and protects us against hardships associated with poverty. It allows us to help those in need. As Jesus use to say: "There is more happiness in giving than receiving." Acts 20:35

Beware the Love of Money

Look at what the love of money has done to many, especially big businesses. They have cut jobs, salaries and benefits to get a bigger bottom line. They make one work a job for two and put the one under constant threat of losing their job and putting their health in peril. They cannot get enough money. They justify their evils by saying: "It's just business" how sad.

IT IS GREED! Ecclesiastes 5:10 says "A mere lover of silver will not be satisfied with silver, "Their appetite for money is insatiable.

Elderly and uneducated are particularly prone to individuals seeking to use their disadvantage to exploit them for money.

God will hold all accountable for their actions concerning money. The love of money earns God's disfavor.

A

AmberGardner

I hate money that's why I have none, would you like to help me compromise and donate?​

A person is worthy of their hire.

For the Scripture says, "You must not muzzle an ox to keep it from eating as it treads out the grain." And in another place, "Those who work deserve their pay!"

They also do not invest the money into themselves, but into the kingdom of God by feeding the poor and furthering the Gospel.